• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Everton OMT ***

Lamela is 22 fans have to accept that he will be inconsistent at this point in his development. Given time I can see him being a big player for us.

Inconsistent to a point. Its got to a point where it would be inconsistent if he produces a good performance rather than a bad one.

Anyways not an issue today

We won and grew in confidence, but the best player by a country mile week in, week out ... Hugo Lloris, he kept us in the game, and helped us hold on to the win.

The shape and discipline at the back was great in the second half, if we can maintain that we have a great chance this season of grabbing fourth, and may Bobby now score goals galore ... but I aint holding my breath !

Onwards and upwards, COYS ! Big game v the chavs next

Inconsistent to a point. Its got to a point where it would be inconsistent if he produces a good performance rather than a bad one.

Anyways not an issue today

He had a top class game on thursday.
I think he has huge issues with the tempo of the league.

A lot of big performances today, it would be wrong to miss anyone out but I thought eriksen was immense. How many headers did he win in midfield? Verts deserves mention for some great tackles and also Soldado, it might have been Kane's tackle that wind the plaudits but Soldado kept the ball alive before that. His reading of the game is so good.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Very good game and a great result.

Again we went behind, obviously Soldado could have done better, but just a fantastic effort from Mirallas. We responded well with a bit of composure and stuck to our game plan, good to see after some previous games where we've panicked a bit when going behind.

Absolutely no panic in Bentaleb and Mason. Said before the game that it was a brave choice by Poch and it paid off. Some great quick passes, both ran and covered ground, put a few tackles in. Well done to both of them and well done to Poch for trusting them together up against a good Everton side.

Lovely finish by Eriksen for our first and delighted to see Soldado get his goal.

A lot of similarities between this game and the Arsenal game. Essentially two strikers, sit back with patience, attack them on the break. Resilience at the back. Everton really didn't create much and we defended well. Top effort from our players. I can't think of a better game defensively from Eriksen, and to also deliver in front of goal and on the ball =D>

He had a top class game on thursday.
I think he has huge issues with the tempo of the league.

He has been fairly good in Europa it is this league. Atleast with Soldado his all round game and link up play has been good just his finishing - Soldado has shown he is used to this league as the likes of Chadli and Eriksen.

Lamela on the other hand? nope he hasnt - far far from it.

People talk about age but Eriksen and Lamela both same age and yep I know Eriksen is far more experienced and a league more comparable with that of ours.

Don't watch other teams so I may be belated on this but quite impressed by Coleman.

Excellent right back!

Have to say I thought Ben Davies did really well against him today, quite often a touch isolated, but rarely let him get a cross in, never mind a good cross.

He has been fairly good in Europa it is this league. Atleast with Soldado his all round game and link up play has been good just his finishing - Soldado has shown he is used to this league as the likes of Chadli and Eriksen.

Lamela on the other hand? nope he hasnt - far far from it.

People talk about age but Eriksen and Lamela both same age and yep I know Eriksen is far more experienced and a league more comparable with that of ours.

Eriksen has 36 league starts for us, Lamela has 13. Eriksen really stepped it up in the second half of last season after getting time to adapt. He is still inconsistent though as we've seen this season. Lamela is also inconsistent, was good against Hull and more disappointing today. With more games I would expect him to continue adjusting and getting better. Really with all the problems he had last season, hardly getting a game under AVB and then getting injured this is almost like his first season in the league.

I know Vlad gets a lot of stick, and deservedly so at CB where he has been dreadful - and I certainly don't want to see him there again. However, I think the RB role suits him a lot better. The fact that he is comfortable on the ball, and willing to pass first time, helped our play a lot down the right hand side going forward. He was involved in a lot of quick passing triangles, and played the ball forward quickly on a number of occasions. I don't think any of our other RB options at present has the same degree of comfort on the ball.

I'd rather Chiriches than Naughton or Dier - unless we are defending a high line against very quick teams when his lack of pace will be a problem.

I know Vlad gets a lot of stick, and deservedly so at CB where he has been dreadful - and I certainly don't want to see him there again. However, I think the RB role suits him a lot better. The fact that he is comfortable on the ball, and willing to pass first time, helped our play a lot down the right hand side going forward. He was involved in a lot of quick passing triangles, and played the ball forward quickly on a number of occasions. I don't think any of our other RB options at present has the same degree of comfort on the ball.

I'd rather Chiriches than Naughton or Dier - unless we are defending a high line against very quick teams when his lack of pace will be a problem.

Shame about his injury today, was playing well again. Probably makes it unlikely that he could be ready for the Chelsea game.

Not sure Dier is all that much quicker than him tbh.

Will be interesting to see if he's kept around come January.

It's strange how the posters who **** us off constantly in the lead up to a game and moan throughout the game on the OMT don't hang around after a good performance.

It's strange how the posters who **** us off constantly in the lead up to a game and moan throughout the game on the OMT don't hang around after a good performance.

Like who? I moan as much as anyone when we play sh1t, but I love talking about us when things went well like today.

Like who? I moan as much as anyone when we play sh1t, but I love talking about us when things went well like today.

I'm not going to get into criticising individual posters. It just ****s me off that this thread would have been longer if we had lost.

About the best performance of the season so far for me as well; we almost looked like a proper team at times, rather than a collection of strangers who all happen to be wearing the same kit. I was convinced we were going to lose today, so it's nice to have something positive to say instead. Well done, lads.

A lot of big performances today, it would be wrong to miss anyone out but I thought eriksen was immense. How many headers did he win in midfield? Verts deserves mention for some great tackles and also Soldado, it might have been Kane's tackle that wind the plaudits but Soldado kept the ball alive before that. His reading of the game is so good.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Must agree that Eriksen was strong today. I think Mason and Nail provided a great platform for everyone today.

Good performance today against a tricky team. I though Bentaleb improved us when he came on mid-week and today I think it made a lot of difference to have two mid-fielders who aren't afraid on the ball, make quick decisions and play the brave pass, not the easy pass. I thought him, Mason and Eriksen were all superb and allowed us to dominate the midfield which, surprise surprise, led to our defence looking so much more organised, composed and confident! Kane is going to be an absolute beast in a few years time. Haven't had a striker we could all get behind as much since Sheringham.

Back