• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Dinamo Tbilisi OMT ***

He's still a bit young to be writing off but I think he'll be off on loan somewhere

I dont think he will make it at Spurs. Call me cynical but you can see someone like Carrol making it - he has some real quality just needs time. Kane? doesnt look like he has any real quality.

I dont think he will make it at Spurs. Call me cynical but you can see someone like Carrol making it - he has some real quality just needs time. Kane? doesnt look like he has any real quality.

Agreed, Kane always looks poor, blundering through and trying a speculative effort

Hope Wet Spam sign him, put it like that!

He's still a bit young to be writing off but I think he'll be off on loan somewhere

Quite possibly. Hard to see it being with us though. On this evidence he aint gonna get anywhere remotely near the pitch for a competitive match. He;s look dire to be fair, don't you think?

The number of kids who fail to make it at a club like Spurs, and yet Harry Kane does make it. Of course, one must trust the coaching staff that they see something in him, but to an amateur outside observer he always looks miles short at this level.

Overall, this is a surprisingly uplifting and fun win.

Somebody PLEEEEEASE tell Defoe to stand on-side. His second was off at both phases - and he gained an advantage from the first phase.

And at least three more where he would (oh - Bloody good shot Kane!) likely have netted had he not been so bloody amateurish. Same every season.

Quite possibly. Hard to see it being with us though. On this evidence he aint gonna get anywhere remotely near the pitch for a competitive match. He;s look dire to be fair, don't you think?

Absolutely. I don't expect him to make it with us but stranger things have happened

Somebody PLEEEEEASE tell Defoe to stand on-side. His second was off at both phases - and he gained an advantage from the first phase.

And at least three more where he would (oh - Bloody good shot Kane!) likely have netted had he not been so bloody amateurish. Same every season.

Defoe's had an alright game tonight. He's worked hard for the team and made himself available.

Nice snap shot Kane. He has something.

Again, needs to feel settled, and play regularly. Strikers thrive off scoring goals

I actually think Ade could play a pretty major role for us this season, albeit as squad member, now that he no longer has to shoulder the pressure of being our main striker. He's always struck me as a confidence player rather than the work-shy shirker that he's often painted as. When he's firing (not very often last season admittedly), he's a very, very good player.

Yes, he can be very good when he's in the mood, Chelsea away last season for example.
He would be ideal to come on when we are struggling to keep the ball, particularly away against the better sides. Sunday's game would be a perfect example of that.
We don't really have anyone else in the squad that can do that which makes his attitude/behaviour all the more frustrating.

I think it should be possible to yellow a player for simulation, but also to award the pen. There are times when it is a foul but the player also milks it. Happened with Bale a couple of times in recent seasons. In those cases, award the pen but book the simulator. After all, "simulation" is not necessarily the same as "totally taking the p1ss".

Holtby MOTM, Carroll & Sandro not far behind. Forgot what a beast Kaboul is but also so calm bringing the ball out

Back