• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea OMT ***

Which still leaves us not having attempted to replace Kane.

We could have got Mbappe if the idiot in charge had sold the naming rights. Imagine that. What a statement that would have made. Instead we will probably try and obviously fail to get Watkins for 65 million. Wilson for 50 million will also fail. Son isn't a sole CF. But here we are. I have hopes Ange has a plan. That's all I have.

Which still leaves us not having attempted to replace Kane.

A fine point. Add another striker, albeit we need to make a call as to whether we think Parrott or Scarlett are worth a squad place/rotation next season. Being slightly pedantic, I'd wager that replacing Kane is impossible...but I know what you're saying.

You laugh @Baleforce but with the hundred million we got from Kane plus naming rights....All within ffp we could have got him. His contract was up and it was a nominal fee from PSG. There's only one striker available with Kanes level available and we had the means. Laugh away as we try and fail to get Wilson. Maybe Parrott/Scarlett is the answer. Ange doesn't think so clearly.

Last edited:
You laugh @Baleforce but with the hundred million we got from Kane plus naming rights....All within ffp we could have got him. His contract was up and it was a nominal fee from PSG. There's only one striker available with Kanes level available and we had the means. Laugh away as we try and fail to get Wilson. Maybe Parrott/Scarlett is the answer. Ange doesn't think so clearly.

Fair enough,

I don’t think we would get anywhere near his salary expectations.

Also, he’s nowhere near Kane’s level imo.

if this form continues into next season, Ange will be given the boot and another Conte-style manager will replace him just to stay in the top 10 (since obviously any summer spendings will be low and/or offset by departures)
Imagine having a chairman who actually implemented some sort of succession planning! (I know it is hard to imagine for us THFC fans)

And the one manager that I would have loved to get in has signed for Liverpool. Not sure what other options there will be. I do think, however, we will stick with Ange through the end of next season unless we are really brick. I do think next season will be better, though. Still inconsistent, but less than currently.
That same manager turned us down before we opted for Postecoglou.

Didn't think it was that bad. He's obviously tinkled off with the performance and took responsibility for it.
Would be more concerned if he came out all happy after a performance like that.
As you should be. I don’t think there has ever been a manager who would be happy after a performance like that

So many players hiding, shirking responsibility.
Why though? They weren’t early in the season. Have they lost faith in the system? Are the messages unclear? It can’t all be put down to a lot of them losing form (and if so many have lost form at the same time then that raises questions too).

Another disappointing result. This time with a first half performance that's about as bad as we've been this season.

Some positives. We responded a bit in the second half at least. Could have fought back. But still a lot missing.

Never seen Ange like he was in the first half. Wouldn't be surprised if there was more of the same at half time.

Will be interesting to see how we respond in the next game, and what Ange does with his team selection.

Why though? They weren’t early in the season. Have they lost faith in the system? Are the messages unclear? It can’t all be put down to a lot of them losing form (and if so many have lost form at the same time then that raises questions too).
To me at least... A couple of injuries combined with some players losing form. With our squad lacking quality options and most of the time our starting 11 a bit short on balance I think that's what you get sometimes. When the system isn't working because key players are missing or out of form most players in the team end up looking worse.

I'm not seeing players losing faith in the system or messaging being unclear. In this and the previous game the players did respond and did respond by at least trying to play consistently with the messaging (as much as we can know about that from the outside).

Surely got to add Romero to that list ( if we can keep him ).
For me no, he's still a walking red card, he has to carry some of the blame for the set pieces and most frustrating for me is this actually stopping the ball on the half way line as he shouts and points.
The ball should never stop.
Not saying get rid, but I don't see this colossal of a defender that others see.
Control his temper, take charge of his 18 yard box and play the ball quickly and yes I'd keep him, but he's not irreplaceable.

Funny isn't it that slot who has only had success in a minor league is seen as acceptable for Liverpool, yet ange, who has success in several leagues and on the international stage is seen as a step down.
I noticed that too, when we were sniffing around the Slot(h) he was referred to as a gamble, one from a minor league who had done well. Now that Liverpool wants him he is apparently J.C himself, and will walk across the channel on his own two sandals.

I noticed that too, when we were sniffing around the Slot(h) he was referred to as a gamble, one from a minor league who had done well. Now that Liverpool wants him he is apparently J.C himself, and will walk across the channel on his own two sandals.

I wonder if Liverpool supporters are saying they are not expecting CL next year, be happy with 8th.
He's inheriting a squad with their best players in decline, some obviously don't want to be there and the squad is built for another manager.
It's not as bad as what ange walked into, but it's not very good.

Back