• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea OMT ***

I wonder if Liverpool supporters are saying they are not expecting CL next year, be happy with 8th.
He's inheriting a squad with their best players in decline, some obviously don't want to be there and the squad is built for another manager.
It's not as bad as what ange walked into, but it's not very good.

A few soundbites from any new manager saying how special Liverpool Football Club & it's supporters are will get him a free pass for a couple of seasons

We aren't doing the same thing! We attacked with pace and purpose back them. Now, the few times we win the ball and the opposition is somewhat disorganised, we stop and politely wait until they've settled back, and the one with ball has at least two men to beat.

Every single time!
I absolutely agree we aren't doing it as well but we are doing the same thing in principle. Just doing it brick. So for me the style thing is still there. The style is not the quality of the work just the type of work being attempted (and poorly on our case currently).

Last edited:
He rates Son more than he rates Richie. He obviously thinks he's a better finisher, that's not spineless thats just his opinion.

Yep. It’s not like we’ve got Romario on the bench. We’re not exactly blessed with top forwards and clinical finishers. I’m not advocating Son is playing well but when you don’t have many options I get why he plays him.

He rates Son more than he rates Richie. He obviously thinks he's a better finisher, that's not spineless thats just his opinion.
But… he isn’t finishing
He isn’t even fudging shooting
He is woeful because we have the ball
It’s reverse conte ball

Son and Richy both get a one on one chance - who do you back to score it?

I get Son is having a 'mare at the moment but if I had to put my house on one player to score a good chance, it'd be him.
When do we get one on one chances?
We don’t, because we don’t play without the ball
Son did miss a one one one vs arsenal TBF But that’s rare
Everyone is defending son by relating it all to the way we used to play (which suited him)… we don’t play that way anymore hence why he is like a fish out of water
The way it’s going with him reminds me of Hugo last year. We played a system that didn’t suit him and he dropped off a cliff form wise

When do we get one on one chances?
We don’t, because we don’t play without the ball
Son did miss a one one one vs arsenal TBF But that’s rare
Everyone is defending son by relating it all to the way we used to play (which suited him)… we don’t play that way anymore hence why he is like a fish out of water
The way it’s going with him reminds me of Hugo last year. We played a system that didn’t suit him and he dropped off a cliff form wise
I think I'd back Son to score pretty much any chance over Richarlison to be honest except a header.

I think I'd back Son to score pretty much any chance over Richarlison to be honest except a header.
But we have seen that against low block sides son has failed to do anything
Richy.. who isn’t as technically good at finishing (son is elite at that), has scored against those sides
That’s the actual facts now
If Richy misses 2 but scores 1 it has to be better than son playing cf who doesn’t miss because he can’t manage to get a chance

The problem is that Son isn't getting into the box and fighting for chances when the ball comes in (delivery was crap last night so it didn't make much difference). Richy will do that and get on the end of tap ins that Son wouldn't.
Also, Richy can actually hold the ball up a lot better than Son can and ensure we at least keep the ball unlike Son.

Something clearly broke after the first Chelsea game. Sure, other teams have 'figured us out' in the meantime but I feel there's more to it. Before that, everything was going our way, even when we weren't playing particularly well. Since then, there's been less movement off the ball and there's a spring missing in the step of a few players.

When you look at the bigger picture, it's not all bad though. Getting into the top 6 in the first year of a new cycle and without arguably the best striker in the world is nothing to be sniffed at. I'd say the only problem is a general downward trend and the fact that Postecoglou has seemed a bit slow in addressing the issues. The summer break will probably do the squad a lot of good and if the new signings show the same level of enthusiasm as the rest of the squad did in August, next season could be even better.

That said, last night's match was absolutely terrible - on a par with some of the worst these last few seasons. Also, I'm annoyed because a friend who's quite fond of statistics told me in December that we would nose-dive in the second part of the season and a) I dismissed his opinion and b) I don't like stats, particularly when they prove to be correct.

Something clearly broke after the first Chelsea game. Sure, other teams have 'figured us out' in the meantime but I feel there's more to it. Before that, everything was going our way, even when we weren't playing particularly well. Since then, there's been less movement off the ball and there's a spring missing in the step of a few players.

When you look at the bigger picture, it's not all bad though. Getting into the top 6 in the first year of a new cycle and without arguably the best striker in the world is nothing to be sniffed at. I'd say the only problem is a general downward trend and the fact that Postecoglou has seemed a bit slow in addressing the issues. The summer break will probably do the squad a lot of good and if the new signings show the same level of enthusiasm as the rest of the squad did in August, next season could be even better.

That said, last night's match was absolutely terrible - on a par with some of the worst these last few seasons. Also, I'm annoyed because a friend who's quite fond of statistics told me in December that we would nose-dive in the second part of the season and a) I dismissed his opinion and b) I don't like stats, particularly when they prove to be correct.
This is very important. Par for us is somewhere between 5th and 7th in the league. I know we all want trophies and CL football and Villa getting 4th will make us think "That should be us" but, realistically, given our resources, we're actually doing okay. Doesn't feel like it right now but that's reality.

But… he isn’t finishing
He isn’t even fudging shooting
He is woeful because we have the ball
It’s reverse conte ball
But he rates Son more than Richie, as has been clear all season. That's not spinelessness as you're thinking, It's just his view. He's not picking Son because he has to, he's picking Son because he believes he's the better option.

What was their logic for the nose dive?

But he rates Son more than Richie, as has been clear all season. That's not spinelessness as you're thinking, It's just his view. He's not picking Son because he has to, he's picking Son because he believes he's the better option.
I think he is picking him because he feels he has too
He is hanging onto the same things people are posting here… if we get this chance he might…
It’s nuts

You can't reduce a players 90 minute contribution down to a scenario that might happen once every couple of games (if that)
Or the way we play once every 12 games
right now if back Romero or VDV in a 1 on 1 as they have both just scored those goals

You can't reduce a players 90 minute contribution down to a scenario that might happen once every couple of games (if that)
Fair point but neither contributed much last night. I'd personally have hooked Son and he's been poor for a while now and I thought he looked the worse of the two. But I can understand why Ange kept him on.

I think he is picking him because he feels he has too
He is hanging onto the same things people are posting here… if we get this chance he might…
It’s nuts
That's not having to, that's he believes Son is the better option. Again it's not spinelessness, it's the opposite. You could call it bullheaded or delusional if you think he's wrong but not spineless.

Edit. Just to add I don't think Richie is the solution either.

Back