• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea OMT ***

I don’t think that’s the case. I just think his system relies on specific full backs playing and being on top of their game, and having an in from central midfield. Both of those things have been lacking of late.

I do think a few of them have a weak belly. Not many you’d throw the armband too is there.
I think it also relies on having top players (relative to the level) and the opposition being suseptible to it's strengths.
The PL is a whole different ball game. You can't have one game plan, you need a few - often in the one game. When Angeball is going well, it's devastating. He needs a solution for when it's not working or for the opposition have worked it - transition to something else, make the opposition react, then use Angeball again and keep the opposition guessing.
This is new territory for Ange. We're invested in the project - it needs resilience to keep it evolving.
Start of the season we'd have all been happy, and probably a bit surprised with 5th or 6th. The early season skewed our reality. But it also showed what can happen.

one of the most depressing things is you watch teams lower in the league such as Bournemouth and Wolves and you can see what they are trying to achieve when attacking.

Watching us and I've no idea, bore them into conceding?
I dunno man. I think that's unfair, we know what we are trying to do. It's the same brick we were doing at the start of the season it's just the form and confidence has completely gone and we are doing it poorly but we can see what we're trying. Imo.

Didn’t catch all that but Poch seems to be off on a mad one again like he was towards the end with us…

I dunno man. I think that's unfair, we know what we are trying to do. It's the same brick we were doing at the start of the season it's just the form and confidence has completely gone and we are doing it poorly but we can see what we're trying. Imo.
We aren't doing the same thing! We attacked with pace and purpose back them. Now, the few times we win the ball and the opposition is somewhat disorganised, we stop and politely wait until they've settled back, and the one with ball has at least two men to beat.

Every single time!

Some positives tonight. We move the ball well. Main issues for me:

Our weak press first half. We run to close down too late and all we achieve is opening up space.

How clinical we are in both boxes. Fundamental.

Some belief and determination to smash through and score.

We’re a bit naive at times. Players like Cucarellie manage to foul us effectively (their goal) and then win fouls off of us all game (their second goal winning the fk). When there is an overload of attackers at our back post no one is aware. Before their first goal this was apparent on set pieces. No one - including Ange it seems - is picking it up and acting on it. And so we are in a state where we give away soft goals, but have to score excellent goals because team sit right back and defend deep. We could handle this if we didn’t concede so easily. We’re wear teams down if we didn’t let so many goals in. But the game plan is easy for other sides: defend deep, and Spurs will gift a goal.

Still pleased with aspects of our game. We need to be more savvy and get more spark up front.

I dont want to see the game on sunday.. the players had fun in the start.. now they look like they just want to go. Speed is gone, movement with the ball is too slow, movement without the ball is slow and wrong, the pass is third best choice.. the players has lost the energy. I feel sry for Rick but wtf… Kulu slow the momentum every time he gets the ball.. did anyone drible anyone this game?
I agee with Norwegian newspaper… worst game ever for Spurs

Its the hope that kills you. Before the season started after Harry went to Bayern I was thinking we may get between 10th and 8th in the table. Then after the new manager bounce our expectations rocketed. Even after the home game against Chelski where we might have got a draw with 9 men even after the sendings off and injuries we got. In reality though I don`t think we have had too many good games since then, but we are still 5th in the table so I think thats a great achivement after my expectations at the beginning of the season. Let`s hope United Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Chelski are crap again next season
It’s important people keep this perspective. It’s hard to stay big picture with something as emotional as football but, end of day, we’ll finish higher than I thought. I think we’ll take another couple of beatings this season but Ange needs time.

Some positives tonight. We move the ball well. Main issues for me:

Our weak press first half. We run to close down too late and all we achieve is opening up space.

How clinical we are in both boxes. Fundamental.

Some belief and determination to smash through and score.

We’re a bit naive at times. Players like Cucarellie manage to foul us effectively (their goal) and then win fouls off of us all game (their second goal winning the fk). When there is an overload of attackers at our back post no one is aware. Before their first goal this was apparent on set pieces. No one - including Ange it seems - is picking it up and acting on it. And so we are in a state where we give away soft goals, but have to score excellent goals because team sit right back and defend deep. We could handle this if we didn’t concede so easily. We’re wear teams down if we didn’t let so many goals in. But the game plan is easy for other sides: defend deep, and Spurs will gift a goal.

Still pleased with aspects of our game. We need to be more savvy and get more spark up front.
I need what you are drinking

Back