• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea OMT ***

Struggling now to see what the difference is between this and final season Conte, other than we could defend set pieces better then.
It's been like that since Nov really, with the odd exception (which we did under Conte as well) brick first halves, 15-20 bursts in second or when 2/3 - 0 down.

We do not play good football

Struggling now to see what the difference is between this and final season Conte, other than we could defend set pieces better then.
Bit of a silly comparison.. It's the first season, loads of mitigating factors. You have to be optimistic and pretty confident that it's not coming to an end already. That'd be a pretty alarmist view I'd reckon.

Bit of a silly comparison.. It's the first season, loads of mitigating factors. You have to be optimistic and pretty confident that it's not coming to an end already. That'd be a pretty alarmist view I'd reckon.
I’m not saying it’s coming to an end; I’m just saying that the patterns of play aren’t dissimilar. It’s no better to watch.

Under Ange we concede chances when most of our team are in the opposition half. Under Conte we conceded with most of the team being in our own penalty area.
I could not watch conte games even when we won. of course I did. But it was painful to watch. its not even close to being the same.

I’m not saying it’s coming to an end; I’m just saying that the patterns of play aren’t dissimilar. It’s no better to watch.
There are patterns, the players are just not confident or committed enough to them, as I see it.

We could play their U10 team here and would still brick the bed in the tunnel before the game and lose

Losing the ball in low gain high risk situations to set up a 3 on 3 counter is a super worrying habit. It's happening time and time again and should have resulted in a goal for Jackson's chance if he squared it.

Not seen Ange go fudging nuts like that yet, but worryingly it didn't change anything. Sarr off for Bentancur I'm guessing at least, probably would sub Johnson but there's no other pacy option.

Annoyingly good header but 2 free Chelsea players at the back post? It's almost laughable.
Bentancur isn't the solution. He's played the previous two games and not made any difference. It's deeper than that it's more structural than just a swap between Sarr and Bentancur.

Reactions: jrh
Back