• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Canning Town Caravan Club OMT ***

KUMB delivers...
Wanyama, Sissoko, Dier, Walker, Vertonghen, Alli...................guileless bunch of lumps who run about a lot.

We have to pick a team that will compete with that.
We'll get tonked 4 or 5 nil.

No confidence in anything West Ham at present, and can see our goal difference taking a battering over the next four fixtures.
James P wrote:No one in the Premier League has beaten them yet and I think it's safe to say we won't be the first. .

They said that in March.
They said it when we went there playing 4-6-0.
They said that when we sent the reserves there in the league cup.

Our record against this mob is pretty good in recent years.

They're just 1990s Wimbledon with a bit of dough and a manager with a foreign name instead of Dave Bassett.
They're absolute dogbrick without Kane. Keep him quiet and they've got nothing.

Assuming Dembele is fit (Martinez made it sound as if it was precautionary and wasn't really injured) why would you play Dier and not Wanyama who like you say has been one of our best players? From what Ive seen its not like Wanyama cant be progressive with the ball....

No real reason to be honest, i do not think there is much to choose between the two and both can do the job well.

I'd like to see how 3 at the back goes in a different sort of test. Same team as we had v the goons, except Toby in for Wimmer if he's fit.

----------------Lloris---------
-----Dier----Wimmer--Vertonghen--
Walker---------------------------Rose
----------Dembele---Wanyama---
Eriksen-------Kane--------Sonny

We're gonna win.

No real reason to be honest, i do not think there is much to choose between the two and both can do the job well.
Fair enough, you're right there's not much to choose between them when they're both on form but I'd suggest Wanyama has been much the better this season? Maybe not a bad time to give him a rest though, it's great to have someone of Diers quality to rotate with Wanyama....

Wouldn't go 3 at te back against a team currently without a striker

Fair point. Calleri, Zaza, Ayew, and an unfit Sakho aren't exactly a fearsome attack.

---------Lloris
Walker-Ald-Vert-Rose
----Dier----Dembele---
Lamela--Eriksen--Sonny
--------Kane--------

Better?

Fair point. Calleri, Zaza, Ayew, and an unfit Sakho aren't exactly a fearsome attack.

---------Lloris
Walker-Ald-Vert-Rose
----Dier----Dembele---
Lamela--Eriksen--Sonny
--------Kane--------

Better?

I was t responding to anyone's team, just making an observation

Wouldn't go 3 at te back against a team currently without a striker
I don't understand where all this three at the back talk has came from? I mean of course we played that against Arsenal, but I assumed this was more just to tailor to suit the opposition we were playing and the injuries we had? Not sure theres anything to suggest we will be playing that formation consistently....

Fair enough, you're right there's not much to choose between them when they're both on form but I'd suggest Wanyama has been much the better this season? Maybe not a bad time to give him a rest though, it's great to have someone of Diers quality to rotate with Wanyama....

As you say its good to have two players who can step in and do the job. I actually think they play well together as well.

I don't understand where all this three at the back talk has came from? I mean of course we played that against Arsenal, but I assumed this was more just to tailor to suit the opposition we were playing and the injuries we had? Not sure theres anything to suggest we will be playing that formation consistently....

Agreed. And having three CBs, plus Dier/Wanyama plus Dembele means you have 5 players who rarely threaten the opposition box....and to that two wing-backs who stay wide and its not a formation for a home game against inferior opposition if you ask me. Useful to be able to use this formation away to a decent side though

Agreed. And having three CBs, plus Dier/Wanyama plus Dembele means you have 5 players who rarely threaten the opposition box....and to that two wing-backs who stay wide and its not a formation for a home game against inferior opposition if you ask me. Useful to be able to use this formation away to a decent side though
We could play 0-0-10 against that lot and they still wouldn't score.

Chelsea have been playing with 3 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders and have been scoring a lot of goals. Maybe having more defensive cover frees up attacking players to focus more on attacking, I don't know.

I trust in whatever Poch decides, I thought we looked good with a back three though and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Someone suggested it formation wise in this thread, that's all

Of all the teams I bet it's these muggy, pikey, thick, stupid, ugly, tacofaced, clamy, horrible, chavvy, lowlife, sclamy, slagfaced, macaronic mugs that end our unbeaten run. It's always a really crap team that beats us.

Back