• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley OMT ***

Great result, great week and (apparently) great goals!

To those that went to both this game and Wenesday vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the cup; do we seem to flag late in games due to fast pressing starts?

Do we have periods when we are ahead where we play a possession game to save energy/wind down etc?

Great result, great week and (apparently) great goals!

To those that went to both this game and Wenesday vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the cup; do we seem to flag late in games due to fast pressing starts?

Do we have periods when we are ahead where we play a possession game to save energy/wind down etc?

we look very fit. Swansea last week as a example. Last 15 mins they were dead on their feet whilst we looked like we could go another.

In recent weeks our players have played a hell of alot more football than Burnleys players. They had to have been fresher and it showed in the 2nd half. We still won.

You ever been to Grimsby? i have and i am surprised that suicide is not more popular .

I think its absolutely pathetic we have fans like this, its his first full season and he's been amazing and we have retards like this making these comments. Some fans think every signing has to be 20 million or they must be ****. I can only imagine how good Kane, Mason, Bentelab et al will be in 4 or 5 years. After AVB ripped the soul out of this club, we finally have players playing for the shirt and we have mongs like Grimsby slating our youngsters....... PATHETIC

I think its absolutely pathetic we have fans like this, its his first full season and he's been amazing and we have retards like this making these comments. Some fans think every signing has to be 20 million or they must be ****. I can only imagine how good Kane, Mason, Bentelab et al will be in 4 or 5 years. After AVB ripped the soul out of this club, we finally have players playing for the shirt and we have mongs like Grimsby slating our youngsters....... PATHETIC

I agree with your overall sentiment about some of the harsh criticisms some of our young players get but the bolded bit you wrote was pure bs

It's often been claimed that Lamela and Eriksen get in each other's way too often when they lay in the same team.

To those who watched: Was this often the case again today?

Also, what a cross by Chadli with his left foot!=D>

I guess it is this equivalent 'crossing with your weaker foot' that many want Lamela to master.

To do this is no mean feat and is a reason why what Chadli did was so special imo. Kane's headed finish was also superb! =D>

In recent weeks our players have played a hell of alot more football than Burnleys players. They had to have been fresher and it showed in the 2nd half. We still won.

aside from freshness, they seemed to have faster players in all areas of the pitch. they seemed to catch up with our players when we broke, but we struggled catching up with them when they did.

their game plan was the quick ball to have ings vs fazio and it nearly worked!

aside from freshness, they seemed to have faster players in all areas of the pitch. they seemed to catch up with our players when we broke, but we struggled catching up with them when they did.

their game plan was the quick ball to have ings vs fazio and it nearly worked!
"Nearly worked" is pretty f ucking far from "it worked", isn't it? We "nearly" beat Chelski. If we'd only taken our chances, but we didn't.

It's often been claimed that Lamela and Eriksen get in each other's way too often when they lay in the same team.

To those who watched: Was this often the case again today?

No, but we were most effective when Eriksen ran the middle and Lamela actually played wide, isolating their LB (and taking him at will)

Our tempo was much better, passing was crisp at times, only complaint was we were a touch open at time.

If Kane had his shooting boots on, it would have been a repeat of the Barcodes scoreline

"Nearly worked" is pretty f ucking far from "it worked", isn't it? We "nearly" beat Chelski. If we'd only taken our chances, but we didn't.
Burnley nearly beating us at home - doesn't that trouble you a bit or are you just happy with any win.

Burnley nearly beating us at home - doesn't that trouble you a bit or are you just happy with any win.
How was that Burnley nearly beating us? We were totally dominating the game! We "nearly" had a Kane hat-trick and some other really good chances as well, but I guess it only counts when the opposition "nearly" scores. The fact is that either you score, or you don't. They scored once, We scored twice AND dominated.

Posession: 65.4% - 34.6%
Duels won: 63.9% - 36.1%
Aerial Duels Won: 68.3% - 31.7%
Corners: 9 - 6
Total Shots: 23 - 9
Total Passes: 612 - 313
Passing Accuracy: 80.4 - 67.4
Passing Accuracy opp. Half: 75.7 - 52.9

Nine wins, a draw and three defeats in our last 13 matches isn't a bad record and it shows signs that the squad is coming together.

We're not there yet, but things have certainly improved in the past couple of months.

P586_zpsa5921a1c.png

How was that Burnley nearly beating us? We were totally dominating the game! We "nearly" had a Kane hat-trick and some other really good chances as well, but I guess it only counts when the opposition "nearly" scores. The fact is that either you score, or you don't. They scored once, We scored twice AND dominated.

Posession: 65.4% - 34.6%
Duels won: 63.9% - 36.1%
Aerial Duels Won: 68.3% - 31.7%
Corners: 9 - 6
Total Shots: 23 - 9
Total Passes: 612 - 313
Passing Accuracy: 80.4 - 67.4
Passing Accuracy opp. Half: 75.7 - 52.9
The stats don't tell the full story....Burnley played on the counter with 2 up front.

We were wasteful up front and troubled at the back. Look at how many saves loris had to make. It was a nervy match.

Nine wins, a draw and three defeats in our last 13 matches isn't a bad record and it shows signs that the squad is coming together.

We're not there yet, but things have certainly improved in the past couple of months.

P586_zpsa5921a1c.png

You have our fixtures wrong..we beat Hull, but lost against Stoke ;)

Yeah, it's a decent run of form. If only we hadn't lost the Stoke game, we would be bearing down on the top 4. We have some tough fixtures coming up though, so let's hope that we can maintain form over the next couple of weeks.

Back