• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley OMT ***

I watched the game after it was actually played and knew the score and when/how the goals came.

Thought we were quite clearly the better team though.

I watched it relaxed about the game and where the team is going. Didnt think it would be the end of the world if Burnley got a draw.
I was just so confident we'd win the whole way through (backed us to win at still very small odds when they scored).
Thought he could have rested a few earlier and that we were easily the better team and perhaps could step it up if needed.
It was a weird feeling watching Spurs in one of these usually tricky home games.

I watched it relaxed about the game and where the team is going. Didnt think it would be the end of the world if Burnley got a draw.
I was just so confident we'd win the whole way through (backed us to win at still very small odds when they scored).
Thought he could have rested a few earlier and that we were easily the better team and perhaps could step it up if needed.
It was a weird feeling watching Spurs in one of these usually tricky home games.

6 days until the next game, our team was working hard and looking alright. Not a great need to rest anyone.

Anyone else think that Chadli looked fresher and played with a bit more intensity/worked a bit harder yesterday?

Really? Had a look at the whoscored chalkboard of touches and passes. Looks to me that Eriksen is pretty much spot on the central version of Lamela and Chadli. Kane clearly ahead of those 3. Bentaleb deepest of our starting midfielders, Mason more box to box with Stambouli closer to Bentaleb after coming on.

Looking at Kane's touches when he played more or less as a #10 against Palace they certainly were no further forward than Eriksen's yesterday.

Could just have easily been :

...........Bentalab .. ........... Mason.............

...........................Eriksen...........................
Lamela ..........................................Chadli
...........................Kane.............................

If you look at SteveAWOLs post no 1551 from the Eriksen thread, you will see from the heat map that he was everywhere. He was given a much freer role than the traditional number 10 and was able to float into all sorts of space. Acted more as a quarterback with wide receivers. Just what we have missed.

If you look at SteveAWOLs post no 1551 from the Eriksen thread, you will see from the heat map that he was everywhere. He was given a much freer role than the traditional number 10 and was able to float into all sorts of space. Acted more as a quarterback with wide receivers. Just what we have missed.

Compared to? Never seen a map like that from players I've considered "quarterback" types look like that. But it's a bit of a nebulous term I suppose as it doesn't originate from real football.

Compared to the other players in our team yesterday I think his pass map fits very nicely right in between Lamela's and Chadli's as part of an attacking trio imo.

That was showing his passes not a heat map.

The heat map on the official site has him playing further forward than Mason, Stambouli and Mason. Roughly level with Chadli but a little deeper than Pamela. Interestingly, it shows him drifting wide a lot.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matchcentre/tottenham-hotspur-vs-burnley-20122014/#divHeatmap

Compared to? Never seen a map like that from players I've considered "quarterback" types look like that. But it's a bit of a nebulous term I suppose as it doesn't originate from real football.

Compared to the other players in our team yesterday I think his pass map fits very nicely right in between Lamela's and Chadli's as part of an attacking trio imo.

Splitting hairs imo. The fact is he was everywhere and given a freer role. That is the key.

Could just admit we played well in the formation you've been dogging for the last few weeks. Only one recognised forward on the pitch also, must have been hard viewing for you ;)

Eriksen played in the hole. In front of the 2 CMs. He drifted and went deep occasionally but when we pressed he was pressing up to the centre backs with Kane.

Could just admit we played well in the formation you've been dogging for the last few weeks. Only one recognised forward on the pitch also, must have been hard viewing for you ;)

I said we were making improvement. Not hard viewing at all. In fact Poch did what I have been calling for for weeks. WIDTH.

Look at the Chadli and Lamela heat maps. Both hugged the line - tick
Look at the Eriksen heat map - played central in a free role- tick
Did we play significantly better than against Stoke, WBA and Palace at home - tick

Would I have preferred a Benteke type up top, with Kane in the hole. Answer yes. But we can't have everything.

We are moving in the right direction.

Eriksen played in the hole. In front of the 2 CMs. He drifted and went deep occasionally but when we pressed he was pressing up to the centre backs with Kane.

If you mean by that he played as a number 10, then I respectfully disagree. He never got in the box once all game.

I thought he did. Would be good to see his heat map.

See the link Milo posted above.

Also

@BenMcAleer1: No player has played more key passes in a single Premier League match this season than Christian Eriksen did vs Burnley (8) #THFC

Hence my quarterback remark.

See the link Milo posted above.

Also

@BenMcAleer1: No player has played more key passes in a single Premier League match this season than Christian Eriksen did vs Burnley (8) #THFC

Hence my quarterback remark.
Maybe we are saying the same thing. What I noticed was that with Kane he was our further forward presser during the game. Also he played centrally alot and in front of Bentaleb and Mason/Stambouli. Those key passes would only support the quarterback role if they were long passes. I don't think key passes equate that at all.

I said we were making improvement. Not hard viewing at all. In fact Poch did what I have been calling for for weeks. WIDTH.

Look at the Chadli and Lamela heat maps. Both hugged the line - tick
Look at the Eriksen heat map - played central in a free role- tick
Did we play significantly better than against Stoke, WBA and Palace at home - tick

Would I have preferred a Benteke type up top, with Kane in the hole. Answer yes. But we can't have everything.

We are moving in the right direction.
When you say width from Chadli and Lamela do you mean that they ran the line or that they started wide and cut in?

Maybe we are saying the same thing. What I noticed was that with Kane he was our further forward presser during the game. Also he played centrally alot and in front of Bentaleb and Mason/Stambouli. Those key passes would only support the quarterback role if they were long passes. I don't think key passes equate that at all.
I posted a link to the official site heatmaps on the previous page. You are right Eriksen is pretty far forward and supporting Kane, Chadli and Lamela. The reason why we don't see him in the box a lot is because we play across the box and take shots from distance.

I posted a link to the official site heatmaps on the previous page. You are right Eriksen is pretty far forward and supporting Kane, Chadli and Lamela. The reason why we don't see him in the box a lot is because we play across the box and take shots from distance.
Yes. My view too. But for me his a number 10 similar to Oscar at Chelsea rather than Cesc who is the Quarter back.

Back