• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley F.C. *** OMT

We think things are bad now ? People say everything will get better when Poch magically gets who he wants in the summer. What about when, also, in the sunmmer both Loris and Eriksen probably leave and, GHod forbid, we get a £50m plus bid for Kane.

Oh my.

We think things are bad now ? People say everything will get better when Poch magically gets who he wants in the summer. What about when, also, in the sunmmer both Loris and Eriksen probably leave and, GHod forbid, we get a £50m plus bid for Kane.

Oh my.

Then a sinkhole opens up at the site of the new stadium, making the current WHL unsafe and ending our dreams of building a new one. Of course, Levy knew all along and was only in it for the insurance money. We end up permanently groundsharing with MK Dons.

I really would like to agree with you, but the fact remains Spurs won 1.91 points per game under Sherwood compared to 1.74 points per game under Pochettino.

Over an entire season, that's the difference between 73 points against 66 points.

Where's the improvement?

Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Records & Statistics 1898-2015

You've asked whether we are playing better than last season under Sherwood - im not sure what ppg has to do with such a subjective topic. Im starting to think you've turned in to a computer the lengths to which you let your stats dictate your opinions

I really would like to agree with you, but the fact remains Spurs won 1.91 points per game under Sherwood compared to 1.74 points per game under Pochettino.

Over an entire season, that's the difference between 73 points against 66 points.

Where's the improvement?

Pretty sure it would not have been that fantastic for mr knob head Sherwood if he had a whole season with us.

I think we have played some really good stuff this season but our legs have gone. If we had a whole squad of players Poch can fit into our system then the rotating would be more frequent and we wouldn't have to use players who have played most games and straight off of the back of International football. Lets not let 1 game cloud what has been a productive season that no one expected us to do well in anyway.

I think we have played some really good stuff this season but our legs have gone. If we had a whole squad of players Poch can fit into our system then the rotating would be more frequent and we wouldn't have to use players who have played most games and straight off of the back of International football. Lets not let 1 game cloud what has been a productive season that no one expected us to do well in anyway.

Has it been a good season? I think large chunks have been poor at best, the football has been poor for large parts and with out some of the luck we have had we would be nowhere near the top 6.

Yes we got to a cup final, but it's not like it was a tough run.

Has it been a good season? I think large chunks have been poor at best, the football has been poor for large parts and with out some of the luck we have had we would be nowhere near the top 6.

I said it was a productive season which it has. We have promoted youngsters and we have played better than we did under AVB. We also have learnt more about players such as Rose, Kane, Townsend, Lamela, Chadli etc whether it's good or bad.

I think with another pre season and transfer window under his belt, i think we can look forward to next season.

Today was a total 'non-game' a hard working team but one ultimately lacking in quality against a team with isolated ability but lacking any real motivation.

GHod only knows what Fazio has done to upset Poch. Walker, whilst being far from our best player is one of our most important simply because there is no like-for-like replacement available.

Despite Sky's narrative about 'Plucky, hard working, little Burnley' and how they deserved the win they had no moments of quality in the final third and I never really felt our gaol was under threat. The fact that Neville couldn't choose between either Burnley Centre-half for MoM is evidence of this.

Any chances Burnley had in the first half were down to our own lacklustre and clumsy play - I thought in the second half Mason and Bentaleb protected the makeshift back four pretty well.

No idea what Paulinho was still doing on come half-time let alone the whole games. In hindsight a bad selection but I do appreciate that the front band of three behind Kane is hard to pick right now as none of Lamela, Townsend, Dembele or Townsend are playing consistently well enough to justify a starting place alongside Eriksen.

Today showed that whilst we will have our good days (Arsenal, Chelsea) we lack the quality and consistency required to play in the Champions League or flirt with the top tier teams in the Premier League over the course of the season. The performance was fairly consistent of what we have produced for the majority of the season. Like most I'm not calling for Poch's head but equally I'm not going to pre-book flights to Barcelona or Madrid for CL matchday 1 next season.

The only winners today were the Premier League who will be laughing all the way to the bank with the £5 billion Sky and BT have paid for them for the right to broadcast such mediocrity - cant believe Sky will have sold too many sports packages today!

We got to a cup final, we saw an upturn in the style of play and we have beaten good teams playing good football. Not been poor by any stretch of the imagination do wind your neck in.

What has happened in recent weeks is that our inexperience is starting to show, the team looks tired (mainly mentally) and the manager clearly does not trust/ rate the players he has largely inherited. He has made mistakes, but I want to see what he delivers if he gets his own players in.

Harsh, I think we didn't have the quality to win on the day. Burnley are no mugs and were always going to make this a tough game, we needed a bit of luck or quality but it was a dire game which never got going.

Should have got Townsend on far earlier he must have been buzzing after his England goal, Walker injury might have upset his plans but I doubt it, we only have one plan, sorry mate but I think we are just inept.

Yeah. In isolation not a bad point, although we needed the win to stay in with a shout for 4th.

Like you I didn't expect an easy game. After international break too where they've had a chance to rest and our players have been away on international duty.

Defensively most of the team did well. We lacked the passing tempo to create something most of the game, shortage of quality on the ball from too many players. Too many poor touches and choices.

Before this round we'd scored the most and conceded the most of any team in the league in 2015...

Pochettino talked during the week how we have to protect our back four and goalkeeper more. He made the change with Paulinho in, made us more solid and cohesive defensively, but at a (predictable) attacking cost.

We needed to win this brain, a loss would not have changed anything, he never changes nothing we play the same each week no matter who we are playing, we are so easy to play against, he is rigid and unimaginative, what happened to "To Dare is to do", his system is not working in defence or attack, either we need better players or he tweaks the system to suit the players we have, I don't buy the be more defensive bit today at all, if so Dembele would have started, they did not score because they are not good enough that's all, Utd were struggling so they introduced a method of play with Felaini to get them through to the summer and its worked so far.

I think today showed we lacked the mentality Poch talks about. Not from one but the whole team. its pointless singling out Poch or Paulinho etc, we simply didn't have the quality and personality to sweep aside a decent prem team fighting for their lives. We are at the right level but we don't accept it as we need to be top 4.

This is where I have dropped in.......I can't believe this game ..from what I have read. no TV access!

This is a game we should win...................

We were still near THE BLOODY TOP......we should have been up for this...

Especially with our 2 English caps performing well!

We have star player's don't we.....?

We have arguably the moist promising striker in English football..don't we?

OK the first I see Is Poch makes Kane captain...that is about the worst thing he could have done!

Its about the the Team...not about a player who;s getting a lot of hype..this has to be a joke.

What is going on at this club?

The should for Christ sake have some confidence with the squad we have..
surely there simply cannot be the kind of bond you need to run a Premiership side.

Some of the players Poch has picked is bewildering..almost as bewildering as the fcuking money
we spent for them!...Paulino is simply a joke of a footballer.
A player who's played for brazil at the highest level [GHod knows how much hes paid] He has
the World at his feet to prove he can really play good football..but he plays a non stop powderpuff game
everytime.
These players have everything going for them..they have all the money in the World..and no DESIRE.

Seriously whats going on at this club??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

and as for the Manager I don';t get it. Are we playing these players to put them on show for the next transfer window?
We still have an outside chance of Champions League and they are playing total crap.

I am so angry of whats going on and all the money we have spent to this end.

We needed to win this brain, a loss would not have changed anything, he never changes nothing we play the same each week no matter who we are playing, we are so easy to play against, he is rigid and unimaginative, what happened to "To Dare is to do", his system is not working in defence or attack, either we need better players or he tweaks the system to suit the players we have, I don't buy the be more defensive bit today at all, if so Dembele would have started, they did not score because they are not good enough that's all, Utd were struggling so they introduced a method of play with Felaini to get them through to the summer and its worked so far.

Agree 100%. We drew tamely with a wimper and not a bang. We had nothing to lose, where was the desire to WIN this game. If we lost going for it, so what, Poch would have my respect that we went down fighting. But no, we were gutless and tepid. No hunger, no desire, no balls, no courage. Poch seems unable to motivate his players.

Agree 100%. We drew tamely with a wimper and not a bang. We had nothing to lose, where was the desire to WIN this game. If we lost going for it, so what, Poch would have my respect that we went down fighting. But no, we were gutless and tepid. No hunger, no desire, no balls, no courage. Poch seems unable to motivate his players.

This game sums up the whole season for me, we are tactically in a strait jacket, in the final against Chelsea I would have gone 4-4-2 at half time and given them something to think about, be interesting who we get in the summer.

This game sums up the whole season for me, we are tactically in a strait jacket, in the final against Chelsea I would have gone 4-4-2 at half time and given them something to think about, be interesting who we get in the summer.

Agreed. Take away the wins against Arsenal and Chelsea and Kane's / Eriksens goals and our season has been brick and we have mostly played brick.

I always support the current Spurs manager, regardless of my personal views about him.

But is there really anyone on here who can say hand on heart that we're playing better football than we were last season under Tim Sherwood?

Yes.

Today was turgid, but overall, we play with better shape, purpose and focus. 50 games. Average age of 23. Young side. Patience needed.

Where's the improvement?

You want him back.
I get it.
I don't.
He acted like a total, and utter, clam. He continues to.
He had less games in charge than Poch and oversaw some disgraceful tonkings. Where's the improvement? Come on. In long-term direction and focus. Poch actually plays the kid whereas Tim just goes on about how he developed them all.
fudge him and his 'one-step-forwards-two-steps-back' "genius"...

Oh my.

What if all that happens? I shall wake up one morning, be miffed, breathe, look outside, make some coffee, scramble some eggs, get some salmon from the fridge, toast the non-sprouted wheat bread, have breakfast, take the dog for a hike and get on with my life...what would REALLY blow my socks off, is if some clam with human rights abuse records schtumped up 500 million, bought the club and threw 200 mill into us, buying clamy #1, clamy #2 and mercenary mega-clamy #3 at us and we STILL lost the fudging title to Clams FC.

I'll take my chances on the youth system being cultivated, and I'll take a small guess here and say that Harry Kane will be a Spur in August...

Back