• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Brighton OMT ***

Well..confession, I left before the goal, couldn't take any more misplaced passes. Delighted with the points but a combination of Brighton playing well and our lot looking like complete strangers really did my head in.
Will "man-up" next week and stay to the end :)

I didn't see the game..it sounds like we were lost with how to play in parts.
why do we still give away early goals...
Anyway...at least we are starting to get some decent players at the club.
The thing is can they gell together into a decent squad?

Conviction and belief may play a small part.

It's probably been said here already but Johnson gets so much undeserved stick. Actually has as much goal contributions (7) as Kulu, with significantly less minutes. Both are young players with room for improvement but still looks like Johnson is the one spacegoated. Even when he scores people are complaining.

It's probably been said here already but Johnson gets so much undeserved stick. Actually has as much goal contributions (7) as Kulu, with significantly less minutes. Both are young players with room for improvement but still looks like Johnson is the one spacegoated. Even when he scores people are complaining.
Hmm it depends on how you evaluate a player. If you look purely at simple statistics and end results then maybe he's been judged harshly as he has a number of assists and a few goals.

However if you judge a player on watching them play and how well they execute the actions they take then no he's not being judged harshly. He's largely anonymous when he's played featuring only really in moments and often executing poorly in those moments.

It's strange because I feel like he does mostly the right things in those moments but just does them wrong, underhits, overhits, miscontrols etc but he is getting into the positions. I'm not sure if he's ever going to be a dominating player as he doesn't really seem capable of dribbling nor is his passing game impressive but if he can become more clinical in his moments then he will be quite the player for us.

I didn't see the game..it sounds like we were lost with how to play in parts.
why do we still give away early goals...
Anyway...at least we are starting to get some decent players at the club.
The thing is can they gell together into a decent squad?

Conviction and belief may play a small part.
It was a penalty after Bentacur tried to overplay the back
It happens
They only had one other shot of note after that
We scored after a period of dominance but the subs changed the team quite a bit
That allowed them back into it until we scored the winner

Their Dutch CB Van Heck was great and so was Gilmour

Hmm it depends on how you evaluate a player. If you look purely at simple statistics and end results then maybe he's been judged harshly as he has a number of assists and a few goals.

However if you judge a player on watching them play and how well they execute the actions they take then no he's not being judged harshly. He's largely anonymous when he's played featuring only really in moments and often executing poorly in those moments.

It's strange because I feel like he does mostly the right things in those moments but just does them wrong, underhits, overhits, miscontrols etc but he is getting into the positions. I'm not sure if he's ever going to be a dominating player as he doesn't really seem capable of dribbling nor is his passing game impressive but if he can become more clinical in his moments then he will be quite the player for us.
Strongly disagree. Obviously I don't only look at stats and we're watching the same games - in which a player like Kulu (I'm not trying to single him out either, it's just an easy comparison) has been equally anonymous in some games, had many frustrating touches of the ball, etc. Yet Johnson despite coming in with some very important goals/assists so far, in his first season for our club, at 22 years, is treated so harshly. I think has real potential to keep improving and being an excellent player for us, but it's not going to happen with a big part of the fanbase on his back.

I think it's a case of not knowing the type of player he is and then moaning about the player he isn't out of frustrating. He is 100% a player who plays on shoulder and runs channels as per his assists and goals, he isn't going to become another type of player now, so if we don't play to them strengths he isn't going to be in games, doesn't make him a bad player. It's 100% the type of player Ange wanted for those winger roles IMO

Well..confession, I left before the goal, couldn't take any more misplaced passes. Delighted with the points but a combination of Brighton playing well and our lot looking like complete strangers really did my head in.
Will "man-up" next week and stay to the end :)

Why. It clearly worked.

Thank you for your service.

Strongly disagree. Obviously I don't only look at stats and we're watching the same games - in which a player like Kulu (I'm not trying to single him out either, it's just an easy comparison) has been equally anonymous in some games, had many frustrating touches of the ball, etc. Yet Johnson despite coming in with some very important goals/assists so far, in his first season for our club, at 22 years, is treated so harshly. I think has real potential to keep improving and being an excellent player for us, but it's not going to happen with a big part of the fanbase on his back.
I've equally criticised Kulu for the same things so for me that doesn't negate the critique of Johnson. Its perfectly possible to think neither are quite hitting the desired level (I don't). I don't think speaking the truth and sharing an opinion of his performances is harsh. Like you say he has potential to be an excellent player for us which is you yourself saying he's not excellent right now so therefore critique.

No, but I want us to be more pragmatic at times.

I didn’t bring him into the conversation today, just disagreed with a statement which did.

I disagree, but all good. I think what we need are two players for every position and sharper rotation. I personally don't want an Ange side trying to be pragmatic in that sense, simply because they don't train to be that and it would fail monstrously IMO.

I disagree, but all good. I think what we need are two players for every position and sharper rotation. I personally don't want an Ange side trying to be pragmatic in that sense, simply because they don't train to be that and it would fail monstrously IMO.

Yep all good.

I do disagree. It’s not foundation, it’s not about participation, it’s about points, there is a time and a place to play football, and a time and a place to stop any football being played.

Needs a balance between the two.

Also, we should scheme for the players we have, not the ones we want.

Back