• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs BHA*** omt

You're tainting a lot of people with the same brush there LCLC - i've defended those three as much as any and i certainly don't dig out players like Bentaleb and Kane. I haven't noticed the link you're suggesting and think it's an offensive and wide of the mark accusation if im totally honest

I am not talking about this forum.

As a club I've never seen people so overjoyed by singings, willing to look into positives for them and then slate our youth prospects.

Luckily it seems the penny has begun to drop on all there points but as fans it is as noticeable as it is shocking.

The way you talk about defending players is like you think it's a bad thing that people don't want to write them off? Ive been a ST holder for nigh on 20 years and know a fair few people over there and don't see what you are seeing at all - where is this supposed OTT critique of youth players coming from?? It certainly isn't at the games

Would just like to give a mention to my mate Stu, we were in with the 1882 boys tonight, Brighton went quiet for a bit and my new comic genius Stu started up " we forgot that you were queer "
Had to post it, had half the park lane ****ing themselves.

I thought Tim was excellent with most of his comments. I loved the way he defended our home grown players, and I think it's to his absolute credit that he gave Kane and Bentaleb a chance last season.

I am not talking about this forum.

As a club I've never seen people so overjoyed by singings, willing to look into positives for them and then slate our youth prospects.

Luckily it seems the penny has begun to drop on all there points but as fans it is as noticeable as it is shocking.

Tim is that you?

That is EXACTLY what we are like. Fans laugh at us for being so fickle.

I've never seen more apologists for soldado, lamela, paulinho.... I like lamela and think soldado has joined a team and league totally unsuited to him but It doesn't hide the fact all there have been woeful, regardless of price tag.

All I hear is 'he's a Brazilian international.... His goal record in Spain... He was unreal in Italy' blah blah. Forget our youth products, even the unglamorous signings like chadli copped so much vitriol, even though by the end of the year he was firmly behind eriksen amongst our top performers and contributors (regarding new singings)

What I do find shocking is the same people who are happy to build a case for these guys absolutely jump on the back of our youth prospects. The Bentelab hate was scandalous last year..,, up until he started scoring a goal a game, Kane was seen as a gawky target man by lots of fans. Rose has copped it, Townsend is universally mocked by our fans and the usual excuse is that ' they Are just CRAP'

Even mason. I spoke with a fan tonight who said 'look mate if mason is in our midfield, we can never do anything.' He was also saying how dembele and paulinho are our best midfielders by clear margins.

As fans we are terrible towards our own and love a bit of foreign razzmatazz. Fickle as they come

Thats exactly what I wanted to say but couldnt be bothered to get into it and have a load of people tell me thats not the case.

Lamella has had a free pass for quite some time, if a youth player had put in identical to him he would be labelled 'championship at best' etc

The way you talk about defending players is like you think it's a bad thing that people don't want to write them off? Ive been a ST holder for nigh on 20 years and know a fair few people over there and don't see what you are seeing at all - where is this supposed OTT critique of youth players coming from?? It certainly isn't at the games

See Harry Kane, even this time a year ago people on here were branding him not good enough. Yet he'd easily shown more than Lamella or Paulinho had.

Of course its not a bad thing not to write players off, but it seems are lot are very selective on who they do write off....

See Harry Kane, even this time a year ago people on here were branding him not good enough. Yet he'd easily shown more than Lamella or Paulinho had.

Of course its not a bad thing not to write players off, but it seems are lot are very selective on who they do write off....

He showed promise in the youth set up/reserves but didn't really light things up whilst on loan to championship/lower prem teams - whereas the other two were new big money signings and had good reputations from first team football over a number of seasons and were signed to be first team players for us - i don't think this is a relevant example tbh

I think you just have to accept that fans have favourite players. I just don't think there is a concerted agenda against any particular player or group of players. On this board I would be amazed if you could find consensus on who our 11 best players are. I'd say with the exception of Lloris :eek:k: and maybe Paulinho:-k every single player has posters that think they are either crap or brilliant, and the support or condemnation can be quite vocal the point it looks like there is an agenda. I guess my point is that individual posters can be selective but as a group we are not.

Last edited:
He showed promise in the youth set up/reserves but didn't really light things up whilst on loan to championship/lower prem teams - whereas the other two were new big money signings and had good reputations from first team football over a number of seasons and were signed to be first team players for us - i don't think this is a relevant example tbh

Will have to disagree mate, I think it is relevant.

Im talking about Kane when he was actually given game time here last season - people still insisted he wasn't good enough. Yet Lamela has put in, save for the last week or two performances that were less effective than Kane's yet there are always exceptions and excuses laid out for him. Like you said yourself, because he's a big money signing - and he's Argentinian and just an all round 'sexier' option he has been given a lot more of a free pass.

The way Sherwood expresses his opinions at times might be poor, but his actual point is a valid one....

His nationality doesn't matter, if we had signed an English player with as much first team football and level of performances as he over several seasons (including time at a top 5 club - Roma) then it'd be the same.

Gawd, we will never win with that team!

6-0 now looks like par.

That's is the reserves as much as the squad will allow.

Did Hyppia just ask who'd like to play?

I'm guessing Hyypia knows the 'sack' is inevitable and probably is just having a laugh now

Hyypia's second to last game (hopefully!)

***Incident in Away dressing room at White Hart Lane***

Steaming pile of **** found in a locker. On closer inspection it was identified as Hyypia's managerial CV.

This is our club playing tonight. Some support for them would be good.

Well said, there's an awful lot of self-congratulatory laughing boys on this thread and others.

Brighton supporters? Nah.

How come Clattenburg is the ref tonight? I thought there was a gig on.

Paul Clark's debut one of the best I have seen .............................. ..wish we had someone like him now

Is that the game when the Spurs fans invaded the pitch and threw the corner flag at the Brighton fans ?

it was at Spurs and we got stuck in a pen with Millwall fans and if my memory serves me right old tree trunk legs hit the bar...but don't quote me on that

OK. I was thinking of the home game where we won 3-1 and Paul Clark scored a cracker maybe in the same season.

I'm sure Sherwood said on the rough-faced shag that we are "a poor Brighton side", can't see him replacing Hyypia then.

Good noise from us

We need to keep hold of the ball for a bit longer though.

Have we had it yet?

Spurs hit us on the brake, with pace, and we didn't concede. Something ain't right there.

Kane the ****ing cheat.

Sounes lyke there arl ova rus!

Well at least our fans outclassing the home support

Is that a gay flag in the right hand corner?

No. I'm just glad to see you.

Blimey i'm tired watching this. This'll be a test of our fitness and ability to use the ball in the very few moments we have it.

Look like a plucky league 2 side. Flooding the defence but nothing in the middle or up top.

Let's hope we get very lucky

Careful- realism is getting confused with negativity tonight. You are supposed to say how brave we are, how hard we are working (Which is true) Don't say we have no threat on their goal.

Got to laugh at the 'dirty northern b*stards' chant

Spurs have everyone behind the ball when we come forward

Seeing seeds of improvement now. Players are getting a little more confident and we are getting back into the game. As long as we pass the ball well and look like a good side I don't care too much about the result. Don't want us to look like minnows against a top side which we did f the first 15 minutes.

Harry Kane is ****

Kane thinking he's Ronaldo, **** off mateee

Spurs manage to keep it nil nil, with help from the referee. Hopefully we'll pit this side to the sword in the second half.

Dunk and Walton look good, next years FFP money

Tim Sherwood "Fortunately for Tottenham, Brighton don't pose any threat going forward."

Ulloa is in the away end, what a top man.

...Leonardo is his name, and he scores a goal a game, shame he doesn't play for Brighton any more!

Why are we singing 'Who's that man from Argentina?'

Lamela on fire for Spurs in every competition, including this bloody one.

Anyone else thought that was poor defending instead of being a good Spurs goal? Our last two players looked really slow.

It's been like a training game for Spurs's hope we are able to muster something of threat.

pisz poor crape again, fuuk this were league 1

Is anyone else not sick of the commentators masturbating over Spurs, yet basically reminding us every time they mention us, that we've only won game in 11?!? Can't understand it - we've given them a good, if dour at times , game overall

Get up your strange-haired little greaseball!

Do the Spurs players really need to cheat to beat us?

just 2.500 below capaciity. Mr Barber will be pleased with his FFP obsession anyway.

I'm glad he's obsessed with the job he's paid to do.

Don't let that get in the way of the Anti-Barberism that's rife on this board...

shot on target, then they go up the other end and score, game over

Fans singing "Sami Hyypia, get out of our club!" =D>

We did exactly what I hoped we'd do. Park the bus and look for counters/set pieces. Any other approach would have seen us torn to pieces.

We've been completely outclassed by a much better team. Nothing to be disappointed with. We're hardly watching a vintage Albion side.

Utter crud if we are being honest.

Offered nothing all game. Look like a poor league 1/2 team.

Men against boys tonight. It just shows how much work needs to be done before the Albion can think about surviving in the Premiership - after all Spurs are only an average side.

Mark McGhee and dingdong Knight's team of 2005 gave Spurs a better game than our current crop. In fact, based on this season so far, it seems like we actually had a better squad back then.

This has been embarrassing. Even Shrewsbury had more attacking threat against Chelsea than we have against Spurs.

Sorry but Sami has to go now surely.....

If we are to change managers I hope one has been tapped up and ready to come straight in rather than have BERK and Barber FAFF around for a month and then come up with another like Hyypia

I Know they're a premier league side but to only have on shot on target all game, that is saying something.

a reminder of just how backwards we have gone in a such a short space of time.

I know they are premier league, but that's only 1 division above us. Embarrassing to be so comprehensively outclassed

The whole team basically needs to be scrapped and a proper rebuild started in January.

I was hoping we'd have a real go at Spurs tonight but that was pathetic.

What on earth were you expecting!

Oh dunno a performance filled with passion, where we had a go at Spurs...you know like we did against arsenal a couple of years ago. We may as well have gone for it tonight but it was as boring as hell, it was like we were playing for penalties from the first minute.

attachment.php

1 shot on target, absolutely pathetic

Stats : Possession, shots,corners I expected a good beating in but we only gave 1 foul against their 8 now that disgusts me, were we so far off the pace we couldn't even get a decent foul or did we just not care enough?

We have no idea what to do with the ball.
This is a squad of very talented footballers that Sami has somehow broken :-(

Some serious over reaction on here and the texts on BBC Radio Sussex. We were beaten by Spurs not Canvey Island

well said! It's a shame it's probably illegal for us to say what we'd REALLY like to do to the boo boy bed wetters!

There were some truly good players in the Spurs team tonight. I'm still scratching my head as to why we didn't get tonked, but actually I think it's because we have some aspects of our game to be positive about ( an unfashionable view I know)

This was another unconvincing display but happy that we won. Wish we had won more comfortably but the important thing was we won to progress to the quarter finals. Hope this win will get us back into the winning form.

Really glad to see Lamela scoring for the 2nd consecutive Cup match. And how we badly needed that goal ! We would have been under a lot of pressure the more the game went on without us scoring. Lamela came at the right moment to get us that all-important goal.

Credit to Kane for getting that second goal as well. Kane is really becoming the next Defoe when it comes to scoring in Cup matches. Wish both Lamela and Kane can score in the league matches as well.

Nice to qualify to the League Cup quarter finals again. Hope we will go all the way to lift the Cup this time. It feels like it has been a long time since we won it in 2008.

Back