• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs BHA*** omt

I thought Townsend actually had a decent second half. He came in off his flank just a bit more, but also seemed to take up some very intelligent positions. If he'd found Kane with that pass after the run he made, it would have made the world of difference for him. I'm not his biggest fan, but he did well in the second half.

Leave off. In any case, Dembele has gone backwards, can you remember him playing a good forward pass tonight?

There is no good team that I can think of who has 2 deep midfielders incapable of playing penetrating passes.

Don't City often play with a midfield base of Fernandinho/Fernando (or another similar player in the combo)? Not necessarily disagreeing (or agreeing) with your main point, didn't watch the game.

Leave off. In any case, Dembele has gone backwards, can you remember him playing a good forward pass tonight?

There is no good team that I can think of who has 2 deep midfielders incapable of playing penetrating passes.

nope, but I saw Stambouli create 3 chances. probably would have had an assist if Soldado didnt fall over. Stambouli is the best all round central midfielder we have, hope he starts on Sunday, couldnt really care less who he's partnered with.

Nearly had two assists but you have forgotten them I think.

nope, but I saw Stambouli create 3 chances. probably would have had an assist if Soldado didnt fall over. Stambouli is the best all round central midfielder we have, hope he starts on Sunday, couldnt really care less who he's partnered with.

I quite like the look of him, certainly got a bit more about him than Capoue. I'd give him a game alongside Mason (who got an assist himself just the other day, I think he has a couple to his name...and he's shown that he can play it forwards early and make runs into the opposition box).

I quite like the look of him, certainly got a bit more about him than Capoue. I'd give him a game alongside Mason (who got an assist himself just the other day, I think he has a couple to his name...and he's shown that he can play it forwards early and make runs into the opposition box).

i wouldnt mind that. like you say Mason got an assist and doesn't really deserve to be dropped so I'll slot Stambouli alongside him.

Anyway, Mumorn and Roschach -- I'm prone to a bit of hyperbole myself, I just don't want to get over excited over a decent cup win, coz everytime we do we get kicked in the b0llocks at the weekend! So apologies for my negativity.

Delighted with that, except Lennon on the left. But at least Poch realised his mistake and Lamela gave us that extra edge.

Kane must surely start on Sunday.

Anyway, Mumorn and Roschach -- I'm prone to a bit of hyperbole myself, I just don't want to get over excited over a decent cup win, coz everytime we do we get kicked in the b0llocks at the weekend! So apologies for my negativity.

No worries. We're all guilty of it from time to time. To be honest I'm happy with any sort of a win after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine set back.

My own opinion of the game seemed to run contrary to comments in the match thread. I thought Kane was rather anonymous until the goal, after which he perked up a bit, and I thought Townsend was OK and made mostly right choices though nothing really came off for him. Thought Naughton was good as was Soldado, and I though Dembele and Stambouli played a classic double pivot rather well.
Good performance all round which probably should have netted a few more goals if luck had gone our way.

Last edited:
No worries. We're all guilty of it from time to time. To be honest I'm happy with any sort of a win after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine set back.

My own opinion of the game seemed to run contrary to comments in the match thread. I thought Kane was rather anonymous until the goal, after which he perked up a bit, and I thought Townsend was OK and made mostly right choices though nothing really came off for him. Thought Naughton was good as was Soldado, and I though Dembele and Stambouli played a classic double pivot rather well.
Good perfomance all round whihc probably should have netted a few more goals if luck had gone our way.

Naughton was excellent, though Soldado just shades him for MOTM for me. Provided width and several good crosses. Dembele still lingers too long on the ball to be effective.

As I said at the time, should have started v City. As subsequent results have shown, we could have got something from City. Major **** up by Poch, playing a jet lagged Lamela and leaving our midfield exposed.

Soldado was never MOTM. He looked lively but still lacked final product but he played much better than he has done since he has been here.

Naughton was excellent. Glad for him, he hasnt been treated well by us (playing left back, in and out the team etc).

Overall I wasn't too impressed I have to say. Brighton looked woeful and we toiled

Didn't see the game but its good to see the comments about Naughton playing well. That's a few games in succession now.

Cant believe what Im watching and hearing (on Channel Bein). What a complete and utter **** ! Every time I see him on tv Im ashamed to think of him as manager. Tonight takes the biscuit. He says Spurs fans dont support "their own" and only want £30 million pound foreigners at the club and give them all the time in the world!

That is EXACTLY what we are like. Fans laugh at us for being so fickle.

I've never seen more apologists for soldado, lamela, paulinho.... I like lamela and think soldado has joined a team and league totally unsuited to him but It doesn't hide the fact all there have been woeful, regardless of price tag.

All I hear is 'he's a Brazilian international.... His goal record in Spain... He was unreal in Italy' blah blah. Forget our youth products, even the unglamorous signings like chadli copped so much vitriol, even though by the end of the year he was firmly behind eriksen amongst our top performers and contributors (regarding new singings)

What I do find shocking is the same people who are happy to build a case for these guys absolutely jump on the back of our youth prospects. The Bentelab hate was scandalous last year..,, up until he started scoring a goal a game, Kane was seen as a gawky target man by lots of fans. Rose has copped it, Townsend is universally mocked by our fans and the usual excuse is that ' they Are just CRAP'

Even mason. I spoke with a fan tonight who said 'look mate if mason is in our midfield, we can never do anything.' He was also saying how dembele and paulinho are our best midfielders by clear margins.

As fans we are terrible towards our own and love a bit of foreign razzmatazz. Fickle as they come

Back