• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Wigan Athletic Match History 2005-2013 & OMT

Wigan have gone 4231

Robles; Boyce, Scharner, Figueroa, Beausejour; McArthur, McCarthy; McManaman, Gomez, Maloney; Kone

I'm happy enough with that team and the 433. Hopefully Parker can be as good at winning the ball back as Holtby was against City.
This game is gonna be all about disrupting their possession game and breaking quicking. I expect Dembele and Bale to star.

Totally agree with dropping Bae. Doesnt looked concerned at the moment.

3 man midfield? We lost all our games vs liverpool, and milan playing like that but at least its hudd and not Livermore.

That wasn't a 3 man midfield, Dembele was playing instead of Lennon in an unbalanced 4231. This is a proper 433.

Yep, meaning Bale would be to start from a wide position.

Got to remember though that Dembele has played out wide before so it could actually be anything like 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 or the custom 4-2-3-1. Either way, I think today's starting line-up and bench gives us good options and adaptability to get all three points today. .

The King with supporters over in Stockholm awaiting kick off.

bi3abd5ccaetrmhw3u2x.jpg

Got to remember though that Dembele has played out wide before so it could actually be anything like 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 or the custom 4-2-3-1. Either way, I think today's starting line-up and bench gives us good options and adaptability to get all three points today. .

True, but i much prefer Dembele centrally. Hopefully...

Wigan have gone 4231

Robles; Boyce, Scharner, Figueroa, Beausejour; McArthur, McCarthy; McManaman, Gomez, Maloney; Kone

I feel like Wigan have no real defenders. Maybe Figueroa and Boyce. Scharner is a utility player.

Interesting if they will try and get Boyce and Beausejour up to support as much as they usually do in a 3-4-3. Probably not. They will pack out that midfield, i think it will be more 4-5-1, with Kone causing problems up front. We need to be the ones to counter I feel today.

Need to take our chances and score at the right times of the game.

Trouble with Thudd - Parker - Dembele is who plays where. Both Thudd and Parker need to go central.

A tight---- Dembele
------- Parker ---Thudd
is Ok..

But not so much Thudd--Parker--Dembele or Parker--Thudd--Dembele.

Wigan have gone 4231

Could easily be 433

--------------Robles
------Boyce, Scharner, Figueroa
Gomez McArthur, McCarthy Beausejour
----McManaman Kone Maloney

Trouble with Thudd - Parker - Dembele is who plays where. Both Thudd and Parker need to go central.

A tight---- Dembele
------- Parker ---Thudd
is Ok..

But not so much Thudd--Parker--Dembele or Parker--Thudd--Dembele.

As long as they stay fairly narrow it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Who will be right wing? Neither Dembele or dempsey can do that.

Formation looks messy to be honest...

Bale obviously.

--------------Lloris-----------------
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Naughton
-----------Huddlestone-------------
--------Parker-----Dembele---------
Bale-----------------------Dempsey
--------------Defoe----------------

Huddlestone will sit deep like against city and Parker and Dembele will press high.

----Bale -- Defoe -- Lennon
-----------Dembele
----Holtby --- Thudd
-- BAE--Vert/Caulker --Walker
-------------Lloris

Is what I'd like to see, and Dawson for Caulker also acceptable.

Back