• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Wigan Athletic Match History 2005-2013 & OMT

Hmmm my concern is that there aren't really ANY players in the team who excel at linking midfield and attack... maybe I'm wrong though.

Looks like 433, the only problem is Dempsey i snot a winger, a better option would have been Lennon for Dempsey in a 433

Looks like 433, the only problem is Dempsey i snot a winger, a better option would have been Lennon for Dempsey in a 433

Hope is that against City, (although the game was quite stretched), Bale and Dempsey both started off quite wide and then moved in.

No Ade is a concern. Yes he's been poor but having someone fresh to come off the bench and change things can be vital ....x 3 last week.

Defoe and Ade are such different players ...means you can make a more dramatic change using one of them as a sub.

Injured or sulky?

Did you watch the City game charlie?

I was at the game. Where were you? Watching a bricky stream?

Do you think Dempsey can play left wing? Is that what you're telling me?

We started 451 last week and we were a complete mess in the first half. Players didnt know where they were and they were all playing centrally.

You need someone to take the wings, dempsey cant, dembele cant and Bale always stays in the middle.

All our experiments with 4-3-3 have looked good so far. Would have preferred Holtby to Parker, but this is a bit more cautious.

We started 451 last week and we were a complete mess in the first half. Players didnt know where they were and they were all playing centrally.

You need someone to take the wings, dempsey cant, dembele cant and Bale always stays in the middle.

I was at the game too thanks, Block H as always.

If you cannot see that AFTER the subs our team was

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Ekotto
Dembele Huddlestone Holtby
Bale Defoe Dempsey​

Then I don't know what else I can say.

All our experiments with 4-3-3 have looked good so far. Would have preferred Holtby to Parker, but this is a bit more cautious.

Holtby's energy burns out too quickly if he starts. As a sub he's dynamite.

I'm sure he will mature. And I'm sure he'll be subbed on at some point today.

I can see why AVB hasnt put both Hudd and Holtby in the starting 11; we need to have someone who can come in and change the pattern of play in the middle of the park in an attacking sense if we aren't winning. No point bringing Parker off the bench if you are chasing a game, although to be fair he has nearly scored a goal for Spurs already.

My only gripe is the at some stage Holtby will come on and i bet its not for Parker.

It will be interesting to see a) if Hudd can find the space to play his passing game (I really hope he can) and b) if Hudd can avoid picking up yellow/red card due to bad tackling. At his fittest he used to nick the ball off the opposition with some weird kind of manoeuvre as he ran in parallel. But more recently he has struggled to cover the ground to the man quickly enough, and fouls them instead.

We can't expect any favours from other teams and that includes Man Utd so all games from here on in are must wins.

COYS !!!

I was at the game too thanks, Block H as always.

If you cannot see that AFTER the subs our team was

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Ekotto
Dembele Huddlestone Holtby
Bale Defoe Dempsey​

Then I don't know what else I can say.

I was too busy singing!

My friend, its one thing having players out of position for 15 minutes at the end of a game when everyone is pushing and the goals flying in but over 90minutes its not the same thing!

Agree with this , however i will give benefit of he doubt until the game starts. Hopefully they sorted this out in training , hence the reason Hudd and Defoe , I would still take Holtby by over Dempsey for this .

Back