• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast Big Club ***

glasgowspur

Dimitar Berbatov
Southampton v Tottenham (15:00 GMT)

Southampton got a great win over West Ham on Sunday but they are very inconsistent, which is why they've spent most of the season in the bottom half of the table.
Tottenham are still unbeaten in the league under Antonio Conte, who has won four and drawn two of his six games so far, but five of them have been at home so we are yet to really see what they are like under him on the road.

That's why I'm going for a draw here, although I don't really know what to expect from Southampton - good or bad.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Is this the omt?

Expecting a handful of changes, but not wholesale.

- Davies in for Tanganga
- Doherty for Emerson
- Perhaps Winks for Skipp (given PEH was brought off v Palace)
- Perhaps Bergwijn for Moura

2-0 Spurs

Expecting a handful of changes, but not wholesale.

- Davies in for Tanganga
- Doherty for Emerson
- Perhaps Winks for Skipp (given PEH was brought off v Palace)
- Perhaps Bergwijn for Moura

2-0 Spurs

Sounds quite likely.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a return to a midfield three with Winks and Alli in for Skipp and Moura. Maybe possibly Ndombele too, but seems less likely.

Southampton also having a boxing day game is good for us. Them having a tough game while we could control a solid lead vs. a 10 man Palace makes it even better.

Need some real quality on the bench I think. Legs will get really tired really good attacking players to come on in the second half could be a real difference maker. Perhaps a step to far, but Bergwijn starting up top with Kane leaving both Son and Moura to cause havoc from the bench is needed wouldn't be bad imo.

Feels like we have a squad again, but just a starting 11 and a handful of backup players. Time to put that squad to good use.

Would be good to see some more of the winks and alli renaissance.

Maybe try bergwijn at RWB if we are rotating Royal

It's a low bar. Successfully controlling the ball twice in a row is doing alright compared to most of what we've seen. I'd rather see a more talented player slightly out of position

Functional will do.

No idea how Bergwijn would actually do defensively so a bit of a risk. Also a big ask to ask him to cover both as a striker/forward and as a RWB.

If a new RWB is a priority in January then the long term positives of adapting Bergwijn to that role aren't really there.

If Conte thinks Bergwijn could be a real solution as RWB for the rest of the season, yeah, perhaps give it a go.

We must not give away silly free kicks around the box, or else Ward-drowse will punish us. Surprisingly they are very difficult to beat at home, but I think we will just edge this 2-1. I know there will be sterner tests but they are a stronger team than their league position suggests. 3pts here keeps us in touch and would show how Conte has improved the teams mental and physical strengths.

C. O. Y. S

We must not give away silly free kicks around the box, or else Ward-drowse will punish us. Surprisingly they are very difficult to beat at home, but I think we will just edge this 2-1. I know there will be sterner tests but they are a stronger team than their league position suggests. 3pts here keeps us in touch and would show how Conte has improved the teams mental and physical strengths.

C. O. Y. S

They have only won 2 games at home all season.

Bit of a stocking filler this one.

Ward Prowse is a menace on set pieces.

But it won’t be enough and we will catch them on the break when they commit for the ball in.

COYS.

Back