• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

Yep I agree
Hence why I think he asked the team to play their normal attacking game... and the players just didn’t. They played like frightens rabbits
But in that case what you would get would be the team pressing up with just one or two not doing their job and those gaps being exploited.... that wasn’t what happened. Arsenal got the ball and our team dropped off allowing them to have possession and it was right from the get-go. If looking at probability that is what?.... 90% likely that we were told to drop off?

meteorology
We always play them at their ground like a frightened team
Every game

not sure i agree -last season at their place we put in a good performance and that was with a weaker team than what we have now.

I don't really buy in to historical trends in football that span multiple teams/set ups

*that was league cup game im thinking of

But in that case what you would get would be the team pressing up with just one or two not doing their job and those gaps being exploited.... that wasn’t what happened. Arsenal got the ball and our team dropped off allowing them to have possession and it was right from the get-go. If looking at probability that is what?.... 90% likely that we were told to drop off?
Maybe
I don’t know
None of us know so we can speculate and guess
But in reality when we play that passive style we normally crowd the midfield and play other players who were fit and available over some of the starters yesterday.
Unless of course Jose is an idiot and doesn’t understand his own players which I’m sure some will say ...

not sure i agree -last season at their place we put in a good performance and that was with a weaker team than what we have now.

I don't really buy in to historical trends in football that span multiple teams/set ups
I do
Players brick the bed and in reverse expect to win certain games. It’s why bogey teams exist
Last year was the game were 2 up and drew wasnt it?

we tend to play the shirt rather than the players, I think an argument can be made that we tend to put in a better performance against City than we do United, despite their ranking being flipped over the historical norm

The one thing I do have to give Arteta and his coaching staff credit for was how they changed tactic from the game at NWHL. When they got into decent crossing positions, instead of wafting aimless crosses into our box ( which our CBS dealt with effectively in the first game), when they got to the byline, they almost always pulled the ball back along the ground to the penalty spot area. This resulted in their equaliser and gave them many opportunities which thankfully they didn't take. Sign of a well coached team. Credit where it is due.

September 2019, yeah 2 up then arsenal pulled it back.
Thought that was that game
We lead in the 5-2 games too I think
Our players panic against them even when we’re the better side (on paper)
And derbies and won generally by two things now it seems... work rate and mistakes. The team that works hardest and makes the fewest mistakes wins

September 2019, yeah 2 up then arsenal pulled it back.
Funnily enough yesterday in about the 43rd minute we hoofed one away and I thought ‘well done’ we’ve learnt from that game last year when we could’ve cleared it long and gone in 2-0 up.... Only for Doherty to unluckily find a little puddle of superglue on the pitch that allowed Tierney to go past him like he wasn’t there one minute later. It’s always concerning when your player isn’t even good enough to stop the opponent by fouling him.

Thought that was that game
We lead in the 5-2 games too I think
Our players panic against them even when we’re the better side (on paper)
And derbies and won generally by two things now it seems... work rate and mistakes. The team that works hardest and makes the fewest mistakes wins

Sounds like it's fair to say then, that we don't always come out against them and play passively from the off because we're scared going into the game?

Sounds like it's fair to say then, that we don't always come out against them and play passively from the off because we're scared going into the game?
Pass
What I always remember is they always start quickly and we rarely do
I’d have to watch them back
It’s no coincidence that the only time we have won there was when we were well
Behind with nothing to lose

Back