• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Reading OMT***

He also said QPR will finish ahead of us. The blokes a taco, a spiteful one on that. Yes, these guys have to stoke up the fire to get people ringing in, but he has a real chip on his shoulder about Spurs.

Oh yes. He needs to be reminded of that!

I suggest we bombard his twitter and email talksport to remind them

There are enough spurs on that show, that they'll want to bring it up

We had our chances to equalize and we didn't take them. Then Dempsey decided it with the luckiest of defelections. What I saw today out of us wasn't all bad but we were deservedly beaten by a top 4 team at their place. I feel we gave a much better accounting of ourselves as compared to when the Spurs came here, we weren't in that game.

Not looking good for us now. Although in our wildest dreams we never expected to beat Spurs, the amount of wasted passes and the ease with which we let Tottenham play was disappointing. For about 60 minutes it was wave after wave of Tottenham attacks. If we sit back and give the ball away every single time we win it back what is the point in turning up. Was disappointed with the amount of fight and passion overall, but then again I guess it's just the harsh reality that we are miles apart quality wise.

Harte actually had a good game and only as the team started pushing forward and go 4-4-2 did he really start getting exposed, because he didn't have McAnuff helping him out.

Legs gave the ball away a lot yes - he was hardly alone, but he actually played very well defensively and I'm sure he was much more involved in the passing and made many more successful passes than against West Ham.

You'd expect Pog to hit the target with the header, but it was awkward and there was a defender on the line he had to avoid. You'd expect Kebe to get a shot away but there was great covering defending from Walker (I think). Pearce's effort was just unfortunately blocked out. Yes our passing in the final third was pretty awful, but our players must have been dead on their feet and Spurs players were just quicker mentally and physically to start with. Although HRK doesn't have that excuse and his decision making in where to play a cross, pass or even where to run and who to take on was absolutely apalling. Shame after some really promising performances. He just played like he was up against a mediocre Championship team rather than Spurs.

We were well beaten, and it was always likely to be that result, but I reckon the scoreline flatters Spurs a bit and we made them work really hard for that win. That's exactly the sort of defeat I don't mind seeing.

I wasn't too disappointed from that performance. They're way too fast and good. I WAS NOT impressed with HRK at all. I didn't expect him to win the game for us but I do expect him to not immediately give up the ball every time he had it.

Tottenham simply bossed us tactically and very astutely. Closing each player down and harrying each to make mistakes or shoot their confidence down. The match programme had us tactically sussed and to print it so openly meant it was always going to be open season. Switching to 4-4-2 meant we had to go for it and despite three successive corners which was our only real pressure all match we couldn't break the back four by our wingplay. That was desperate to watch today but expected.

What's a good site for some highlights? For the first time in ages I couldn't watch cos I was travelling.

A_ilgEqCEAA_kCN.jpg

I'm absolutely amazed that our shots minus shots on target figure in this game is as low as 10.

I'm absolutely amazed that our shots minus shots on target figure in this game is as low as 10.

why amazed? Most of our shots were outside the area so by nature most would be either blocked or wide or over.

why amazed? Most of our shots were outside the area so by nature most would be either blocked or wide or over.

Actually means we hit most at the keeper.

I think it's good that we show we can get a shot off outside the area. With Defoe, Bale and Sig we have threats, and I think if teams know we are liable to take those shots we can exploit that...they can close us down and leave space in behind.

Actually means we hit most at the keeper.

I think it's good that we show we can get a shot off outside the area. With Defoe, Bale and Sig we have threats, and I think if teams know we are liable to take those shots we can exploit that...they can close us down and leave space in behind.

Total shots minus shots on target would equal shots off target - no?

Its good we are having shots outside the area but as AVB mentioned we do need to create inside the area.

Total shots minus shots on target would equal shots off target - no?

Its good we are having shots outside the area but as AVB mentioned we do need to create inside the area.

But it was two thirds of shots on target and one third off...I read it as the amazement was to do with the fact that we had a surprisingly high number of our total shots on target considering we are shooting from range.

But it was two thirds of shots on target and one third off...I read it as the amazement was to do with the fact that we had a surprisingly high number of our total shots on target considering we are shooting from range.

Ahh ok - I may have read it incorrectly.

I read the stat again im such a fudgein idiot - I thought we had 20 off target not 20 of the 30 on target

We enjoy doing it the hard way, don't we. This is the second match in a row, we had to come from behind to win. It shows we were complacent in both matches. But the way we came back to win also shows we now have the mental strength to recover from going a goal down. Just hope we don't make it a habit always as it is not enjoyable everytime we go behind.

Despite conceding first, we played well, dominated the match and could have won more comfortably if we were more clinical in front of goal. But in the end, we were fortunate to win as Reading could have scored score 2 or more goals. Dawson's goal came at a crucial time for us. We needed to respond quickly after going behind and that goal really lifted us. Nice to see Dawson scoring the goal after not scoring for so long.

Nice to see Adebayor and Dempsey scoring as well. It was a great header from Adebayor. Hope he can now start to score a few more goals like that. It was a great cross by Lennon who is becoming a very crucial player for us this season. Beginning to like Dempsey as he seems to be getting lucky goals. All his 4 goals so far have element of luck, 2 being deflections and 2 tap-ins. But have no complains as long as he gets to score more goals like that. Too bad Defoe didn't have a good game as we could have won with a bigger margin.

Really disappointed about our defence for the way we conceded the goal. We were too slow to react to the freekick which resulted in the goal. Also, our defence went to sleep in the 2nd half which could have been costly. Fortunately, Reading didn't make use of the chances. Not sure why but our defence including Lloris looked shaky in this match. Just hope they wre just tired after playing in so many matches during the festive period.

It is really great to start the new year with a win. And this win puts us in thrd place which is really satisfying. The fact that we are now unbeaten in 5 matches and this being our third consecutive win which makes it more sweet. Hopefully we will go on a long winning run now.

Last edited:
Back