• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City OMT***

The problems point to one main issue so far as I'm concerned, that old bugbear, lack of a clinical striker. If we put away half our chances we'd be out of sight in most games.

Defoe is just too one dimensional

Even at the lowest levels of football it is fairly common for the shout to go up of "Nil, nil. Nil,nil" when you have just scored the first goal and the opposition are about to take the kick off.

At Spurs there is a collective,"Oh no, what are we going to do now. Let's panic, sit back and hope they don't score"...

Our team do not have a natural leader who will have a go at people on the pitch if they do not perform at expected level. Nobody is vocal, aggressive or experienced enough to inspire the team to greater consistency. Imagine a Roy Keane or Graeme Souness, i.e. a nasty pice of work , as captain and things would improve. We are just too soft...

I don't see the point of why we signed dempsy,he was excellent with fulham fair enough but is he an out and out striker we needed.This has been going on since last january when harry was after a striker to back up Ade(who was on loan). We could have gone for Jalovic who went to Everton, Rangers were desperte for money we could have had him for 6 million,he would have been someone excellent to come on for the last twenty minutes and create something out of nothing,which he is doing on a regular occurance now with everton but we didn't and it cost us 3rd in the end.

Then in the summer we huffed and puffed for three months for someone,and we signed dempsey thiry minutes before the transfer deadlne then Ade two days before that ,don't understand the logic on that.With regards to Siggy i saw him numerous times down here in Swansea he's not the same player as he was last season,with Swansea he was the main player,someone who dictated play,someone who took excellent corners and free kicks, with us it seems he gets in the way of moves,we need to play to his strengths he could be an excellent player to play in the hole but at the moment we have defoe dropping deep then dempsey,then bale comes in off the line,all of these players just take his space so restricts his play to some extent, again why did we sign him if we are stopping him do what he does well.

That was a poor penalty last night even third division players were able to score under pressure up in wigan he should have hit the corner not blasted slightly to the right of he keeper.I watched the game on a stream and it was the same story last night as its been in all the europa cup games plus numerous league games this season,we turn up, decide which half to start playing and then play tippy tap football for 45/75 minutes. We need a striker that can hold the ball up,someone who can play down the flanks and someone who can head the ball.........oh yeah we've got one,Ade,he needs to start now,and to get his head in order and start performing.

At the moment we're not good enough just to turn up wait for a bit of brilliance off bale and defend for the last twenty minutes,we'll just get picked off like we did against chelsea,another game we should have won if we want to finish in the top three.

At the moment we're not good enough just to turn up wait for a bit of brilliance off bale and defend for the last twenty minutes,we'll just get picked off like we did against chelsea,another game we should have won if we want to finish in the top three.

I think your right. The individual players are winning us games at the minute rather than brilliant team performances. We are far too reliant on Bale and Lennon to win us games. I hope AVB's longer term plan is not to be so reliant on our top talent, but rather the team ethic and way we work together is typically enough to win us games

I was always under the impression that AVB was reliant on Hulk and Falcao at Porto though. I didn't see them often so I wouldnt know if his team were great to watch and if they did well late in the second half of games.

if we had hulk and falcao we'd be unstoppable too.

defoe, dempsey and possibly ade: good but still not good enough.
if we were more clinical up front, the opposition wouldn't dare press us so hard for fear of reprisals.

if we had hulk and falcao we'd be unstoppable too.

defoe, dempsey and possibly ade: good but still not good enough.
if we were more clinical up front, the opposition wouldn't dare press us so hard for fear of reprisals.

This. What I'd give for a clinical all round striker. Would change the team

Back