• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Fudbalski klub Partizan OMT

Fairly sh1t, but that pitch made decent football impossible imo.

Lack of familiarity with the team, but that will come, as we've got plenty of cup games coming up.

And why are people using a fairly standard sort of performance form Fazio (including one really bad error) as something to beat Kaboul with...I guess Rose is playing alright so we need a new spacegoat. Leave him alone :lol:

I went to the gym in the 2nd half I was so bored :lol:

I realise the winner of this tournament gets CL football, but even so, I just can't get up for these games until the last 16 at the earliest. The standard just isn't very good.

Pretty poor performance on a pitch that made playing a passing game impossible. The result was what mattered and its a hard earned point.
Can we get rid of invisiblihno he was once again shocking.

I went to the gym in the 2nd half I was so bored :lol:

I realise the winner of this tournament gets CL football, but even so, I just can't get up for these games until the last 16 at the earliest. The standard just isn't very good.

Agreed.

Too many nothing teams. Really should make it an all out knockout tournament like FA Cup etc where good teams come into it later on meaning **** knock each other out early on.

Would be different as opposed to the second rate CL it is now.

It was exactly the game I thought It would be. With the predictable poor peformances by the usual suspects.

It realy is such a poor tournament to "get up" for though isnt it. How can you get excited playing these sorts of teams. The tournament is littered with lots of teams you've never heard of with players you've never heard of. Even with a champions league spot, its hard to get excited yet.

It was exactly the game I thought It would be. With the predictable poor peformances by the usual suspects.

It realy is such a poor tournament to "get up" for though isnt it. How can you get excited playing these sorts of teams. The tournament is littered with lots of teams you've never heard of with players you've never heard of. Even with a champions league spot, its hard to get excited yet.

That's kind of the idea, play teams you don't play every 6 months anyway.

Had we been beating these teams 3 or 4-0 I'd understand this idea that we're above this, but we're not. As soon as we face decent opposition we get knocked out.

Reduce the number of teams in European competitions? Well, that means we're out as well as the last qualifier from England.

Tonight was a chance to visit a new city and country for the fans and a competitive outing for the players. I'm sure Poch and his staff learned quite a bit/found things that needs work.

Glad to hear Fazio and Vertonghen looked good.

Would this have been a game that last year even Rose would have had a bad time (because of the pitch?) and lessened our confidence in him?

Hearing Naughton done ok. When I saw the front four I initially thought they would struggle to create. Not exactly four players full of confidence right now.

Had we been beating these teams 3 or 4-0 I'd understand this idea that we're above this, but we're not. As soon as we face decent opposition we get knocked out.

Reduce the number of teams in European competitions? Well, that means we're out as well as the last qualifier from England.

Tonight was a chance to visit a new city and country for the fans and a competitive outing for the players. I'm sure Poch and his staff learned quite a bit/found things that needs work.

I agree. It was a decent run out tonight, against a well organised side, in a hostile environment.

Are you saying you actually enjoy these early games?

I just think the players (not just Spurs players) also find it hard to raise themselves when they are playing in half empty stadiums like the San Siro was when we played Inter 18 months ago or when we play teams like Anathorsis Famagusta.

Also, do you not agree by reducing the teams that the standard would improve? I think the Euros for example is only going to be weakened by adding more teams to it.

I just think the players (not just Spurs players) also find it hard to raise themselves when they are playing in half empty stadiums like the San Siro was when we played Inter 18 months ago or when we play teams like Anathorsis Famagusta.

Also, do you not agree by reducing the teams that the standard would improve? I think the Euros for example is only going to be weakened by adding more teams to it.

If the players are professional and are committed to what Pochettino wants to achieve at the club, then 1) they should see every competitive game as an opportunity to impress and 2) It's valuable game time to implement methods and ideas taught on the training pitch. Might be crazy, but theoretically the more games you play the better you become at understanding the thoughts of the management. Practise makes perfect.

I think that you under estimate how difficult these games are and personally, I am always interested in watching new, fringe and youth players. It was not the best game tonight but I think that it was a valuable learning experience and we got an OK result.

I enjoy having them more than I would enjoy not having them and they are the "price" we have to pay to be in Europe and we get more away days in Europe.

The inital stages of the Euros might contain more games that are a bit dull, just as recent World Cups haven't been as good as in the past, but it's all part of the journey towards the final rounds. As long as money rules we won't get rid of these games, but I don't think they're all bad. Sides that would never get a look in now stand a chance if they've got a good crop of players come through at the same time. For nations like New Zealand, Slovakia, Costa Rica, it's an occasion of a lifetime.

If that had been Kaboul missing a header, gifting Markovic a shot on goal ...

or Chiriches trying to do some kind of Cruyff turn instead of clearing it after winning the ball, with nobody covering behind him...

Yeah that was pretty ****ing awful from the debutant and if it had been Kaboul that had done that as well as giving multiple pointless fouls away he'd have got slaughtered no doubt. Fazio was ok, but not great by any means in my opinion.

If the players are professional and are committed to what Pochettino wants to achieve at the club, then 1) they should see every competitive game as an opportunity to impress and 2) It's valuable game time to implement methods and ideas taught on the training pitch. Might be crazy, but theoretically the more games you play the better you become at understanding the thoughts of the management. Practise makes perfect.

I just think it's human nature, I remember when I played 11 a side, I found it really hard to get psyched up playing the really crap teams in our league. We subsequently only won these games 3 or 4 nil when really we had the talent to win by 7 or 8. One time my Dad tore into us at half time because we were playing **** and we only 1-0 up against a poor team. I found it much easier raising my game against the best teams. I wouldn't be surprised if professionals sometimes at the very least feel the same way. When some of them are used to playing in 70,000 seater stadiums, going to play in the middle east/war torn countries in front of 3,000 must be a bit of a culture shock.

I enjoy having them more than I would enjoy not having them and they are the "price" we have to pay to be in Europe and we get more away days in Europe.

The inital stages of the Euros might contain more games that are a bit dull, just as recent World Cups haven't been as good as in the past, but it's all part of the journey towards the final rounds. As long as money rules we won't get rid of these games, but I don't think they're all bad. Sides that would never get a look in now stand a chance if they've got a good crop of players come through at the same time. For nations like New Zealand, Slovakia, Costa Rica, it's an occasion of a lifetime.

I think the number of teams in the competition waters it down to some extent. I reckon the same thing will happen at the next Euros, it's perfect the way it is.

The CB partnership looked decent as did Stambouli but the 4 up front continued their poor form, obviously the conditions weren't ideal but still would've been nice to have had a bit of a cutting edge...

@WhoScored: Tottenham: Have failed to manage a shot on target in a Europa League match for the first time since November 2012 (vs Lazio) #thfc

@Squawka: Spurs didn’t register a single shot on target against FK Partizan tonight.
Bx1kpcCIcAAy49l.png

I just think it's human nature, I remember when I played 11 a side, I found it really hard to get psyched up playing the really crap teams in our league. We subsequently only won these games 3 or 4 nil when really we had the talent to win by 7 or 8. One time my Dad tore into us at half time because we were playing **** and we only 1-0 up against a poor team. I found it much easier raising my game against the best teams. I wouldn't be surprised if professionals sometimes at the very least feel the same way. When some of them are used to playing in 70,000 seater stadiums, going to play in the middle east/war torn countries in front of 3,000 must be a bit of a culture shock.

I don't think that it is a case of the players getting up for the game, I think that they are pacing themselves.

Back