• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Fudbalski klub Partizan OMT

Very disappointed with the performance and result. The match was played as if it was a friendly match. There was not much goal mouth action to refer back. Frankly, it has been a long long time since we really played well in a Cup match.

I thought it was a good performance under the difficult circumstances of the game, and was a good result, that looked even better with news of Beskitas draw. We are now clear favourites to qualify, probably by topping the group.

i always wonder what planet some people are living on when our European away games come up - Serbia is a hostile environment to play in and Partizan are undefeated at home in something like 100 games - they aren't a bunch of milkmen and cattle herders - a point here is a very good result

Bx5rgrjCQAAL27b.jpg

Brilliant post from 365, cheers Jordinho :) I tried to rep you for it, but apparently I have to spread it around a bit (oo er missus) before I can.

i always wonder what planet some people are living on when our European away games come up - Serbia is a hostile environment to play in and Partizan are undefeated at home in something like 100 games - they aren't a bunch of milkmen and cattle herders - a point here is a very good result

Not sure about "very good", but certainly acceptable. Particularly considering the amount of changes we made to the team.

I think at the very least we can at least hope for a better performance. Goes back to what I said before, you can analyse it however you wish, but I do believe our players struggle to motivate themselves for this competition, especially at this stage. Granted, giving the winners a crack at the CL is a good incentive, but it still needs a radical overhaul.

I think at the very least we can at least hope for a better performance. Goes back to what I said before, you can analyse it however you wish, but I do believe our players struggle to motivate themselves for this competition, especially at this stage. Granted, giving the winners a crack at the CL is a good incentive, but it still needs a radical overhaul.

From what I saw (sometimes laggy river) we did try. At least for periods we were quite dominant (64% possession would indicate the same). We just failed to actually break them down regularly and they defended quite well. Considering that we changed all outfield players from the Sunderland game, played a debutant and a 19 year old in central midfield, the struggling Paulinho, young Kane and all-too-predictably ineffective Lennon and Townsend it's no big surprise. But what was Poch to do? Play Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela? No doubt that would be worse.

I think come the knockout stage, assuming that we qualify, we'll see a much better Spurs team. Not as much because of effort or motivation, but because we'll have a much more settled team and rotating won't mean playing 10 outfield players that are that fresh to playing together.

Back