• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace****

..........................Lloris
Walker....Alderweireld....Fazio.....Rose
................Dier.....Vertonghen
...........Son.........Alli........Chadli
........................Kane

2-2

..........................Lloris
Walker....Alderweireld....Fazio.....Rose
................Dier.....Vertonghen
...........Son.........Alli........Chadli
........................Kane

2-2

Bit attacking, no? could replace Chadli with Davies and Son with trippier and play 2 banks of 4 defenders with Ali shielding them and Kane up top! ;)

Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew on the effects of the Europa League: "I've been involved in the Europa League, and it's difficult. Thursday to Sunday, the recovery time's not great and the energy levels of some of their players will not be at full capacity, it can't be.

"There will be fingers crossed that those guys can produce a Premier League performance on the back of a tough Thursday night. But we're fresh so that gives us a slight advantage.

"It isn't fair on the Premier League, because the intensity of our game is greater than any other European league, and until some sense prevails and you play on a Monday night when you have played on a Thursday, then I think all the teams in that competition will suffer."

Fair comments from Pardew. After hearing Wenger stirring the pot and blaming the Europa league teams of the last few years, this is quite refreshing. If the "best league in the world" doesn't want to lose its 4th spot then they should do more to support the Europa league sides. Having said that, I see no difference between Wednesday-Saturday games for the Champions League teams.

tee hee hee,

Im going.

Managed to get some tickets for lower north 21 behind the goal, taking my daughter who is very excited, Think this game is going to be nightmarishly tough but I will try and cheer the boys on and hope for the best!

Cant say im confident at all as Palace are decent but Im really looking forward to getting to the lane 1st time this season....finances permitting I want to go to as many times as possible this season and savour WHL.

Going to my cathedral with my beautiful (spurs converted daughter) wearing my 'nige 33' spurs top and hoping for a win....happy days!

COYS!

Having said that, I see no difference between Wednesday-Saturday games for the Champions League teams.
That is because there is no difference. CL teams have the benefit of also having Tuesday-Saturday, Tuesday-Sunday and Wednesday-Sunday matches as a possibility though. The Wednesday-Sunday one doesn't happen all the time, unlike the Thursday-Sunday stuff with the EL, which is basically always the situation.

. Having said that, I see no difference between Wednesday-Saturday games for the Champions League teams.

There is not, its just part of the myth ( along with the " its lot more games" and the " its a lot more traveling miles") that those who think we are above the EL peddle as a reason not to be in it.

There is not, its just part of the myth ( along with the " its lot more games" and the " its a lot more traveling miles") that those who think we are above the EL peddle as a reason not to be in it.

I agree with that. I think that it is true though that the EL clubs, as a rule, tend to have weaker squads that the CL clubs. So the midweek fixtures have more of an impact on their league form.

I agree with that. I think that it is true though that the EL clubs, as a rule, tend to have weaker squads that the CL clubs. So the midweek fixtures have more of an impact on their league form.

That is true but as the old saying goes " it is what it is". No needs for the myths that surround a trophy we should be embracing and trying to win. Not to use as a excuse if we are not good enough.

That is true but as the old saying goes " it is what it is". No needs for the myths that surround a trophy we should be embracing and trying to win. Not to use as a excuse if we are not good enough.

No excuses. Just looking at what the impact can be. I remember how miserable it was when we weren't playing in Europe, these problems are far better.

No excuses. Just looking at what the impact can be. I remember how miserable it was when we weren't playing in Europe, these problems are far better.
Exactly. Probably the most enjoyable moment of the short season so far that 90 mins. It's a good competition. If we weren't in it we'd miss it

The media have hyped it into a comptetition that is below this country's league and a competition for those that aren't good enough to reach the Champs League. They have made it into the poor mans Champions League and have treated it like any team playing in it should be ashamed of themselves. Now they are blaming the clubs in it for not taking it seriously because it puts our league's co-efficient at risk.

Back to the Palace game. I haven't been a fan of how we have looked in the Sunderland and Qarabag games and want to see us going back to having the right sided AM tucked right in and playing as a third CM, something no-one else has done since Dembele got injured.

--------------------Lloris-----------------------
Walker---Alderweireld--Vertonghen---Davies
---------------------Dier------------------------
-----------Dembele-------Alli------------------
-------------------Eriksen---------------------
-----------Kane--------------Son--------------

Without a doubt, I know you are not using them as excuses :) but we both know they are a few who do.

We will win.

I need to do a f*cking OMT, been knocking about this gaff since 2002. Bagsy the next one, who's that against? oh...

The media have hyped it into a comptetition that is below this country's league and a competition for those that aren't good enough to reach the Champs League. They have made it into the poor mans Champions League and have treated it like any team playing in it should be ashamed of themselves. Now they are blaming the clubs in it for not taking it seriously because it puts our league's co-efficient at risk.

Back to the Palace game. I haven't been a fan of how we have looked in the Sunderland and Qarabag games and want to see us going back to having the right sided AM tucked right in and playing as a third CM, something no-one else has done since Dembele got injured.

--------------------Lloris-----------------------
Walker---Alderweireld--Vertonghen---Davies
---------------------Dier------------------------
-----------Dembele-------Alli------------------
-------------------Eriksen---------------------
-----------Kane--------------Son--------------

Like your thinking my old son. No more boring 4231 sh!te. We have some promising looking players now. Lets utilise them to their fullest. Dier to be the holding midfielder and the rest to rotate positions. I am not convinced by Walker this season and would like to give Trips a go there for a few games. Also it must be a toss up between Davies and Rose. Both have been dire defensively but for me Rose just gets the nod for his attacking forays. Personally, I didn't think Townsend, Lamela, Caroll or Winks did themselves any favours on Thursday and would like to see more of Pritchard. Nige looks the ideal impact sub at the moment. Pamela and Townsend too might be better off the bench as the game opens up and the other team offer more space.

Like your thinking my old son. No more boring 4231 sh!te. We have some promising looking players now. Lets utilise them to their fullest. Dier to be the holding midfielder and the rest to rotate positions. I am not convinced by Walker this season and would like to give Trips a go there for a few games. Also it must be a toss up between Davies and Rose. Both have been dire defensively but for me Rose just gets the nod for his attacking forays. Personally, I didn't think Townsend, Lamela, Caroll or Winks did themselves any favours on Thursday and would like to see more of Pritchard. Nige looks the ideal impact sub at the moment. Pamela and Townsend too might be better off the bench as the game opens up and the other team offer more space.

I'm surprised to see you include Winks. What didn't impress you?

Back