• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Crystal Palace OMT***

So who do you drop to give that width? Eriksen? so we play Lamela wide left and Lennon wide right? Because it looks like we do not press the ball well enough to not have 2 defensive midfielders at the moment and soldado cannot play on his own.

Eriksen left and Lennon right would have seen us play a lot better, I'm 100% convinced. Chadli was a pointless change, and I love Chadli. Then Paulinho...again I really rate the guy, but the game was not crying out for him and he wouldn't add anything Mason wasn't already bringing.

Eriksen left and Lennon right would have seen us play a lot better, I'm 100% convinced. Chadli was a pointless change, and I love Chadli. Then Paulinho...again I really rate the guy, but the game was not crying out for him and he wouldn't add anything Mason wasn't already bringing.

^^^ this X100 (except I don't rate Paulinho)

But Eriksen prefers to cut in which negates the width option. So the width could be provided by the full backs? except that leaves us open to counter attacks because we do not press well. If only our problems were as easy to solve as our fans on here ( not you btw) seem to think. This is the 3rd manager to try.

I knew there had to be someone --are you sure this is not a typo -- or an omission i.e. ... don't really...

Yeah it would have been better. But I dont thing it would be the magic bullet everyone is making out.
The real issue was their being no space between their midfield 3 and centre halfs.
The width should have come from the full backs.

Lennon has shown with his injury problems that he simply cannot start every game. We have had whole threads about this, we have never sorted suitable cover for him.

But Eriksen prefers to cut in which negates the width option. So the width could be provided by the full backs? except that leaves us open to counter attacks because we do not press well. If only our problems were as easy to solve as our fans on here ( not you btw) seem to think. This is the 3rd manager to try.

But lennon provides the width. Thought that was obvious....

And he's the third manager to try, but he's fsiling in comparison in absolute style. I just don't see AVB as fsiling. And like I've mentioned elsewhere. Poch has had the most settled squad. Not huge turnover in the summer, not selling our best players, and he's still struggling.

I rate Paulhino too! At pulling out of tackles (did you see him turn his back on the play?), hiding from passes and making five yard square balls.

But lennon provides the width. Thought that was obvious....

And he's the third manager to try, but he's fsiling in comparison in absolute style. I just don't see AVB as fsiling. And like I've mentioned elsewhere. Poch has had the most settled squad. Not huge turnover in the summer, not selling our best players, and he's still struggling.

I don't want to get into an AVB discussion, but he is as responsible for the mess we are in as anyone. These were largely HIS players. He failed to make it work. We were ****e last season with him.

We were tired today. That's why we played like we did. Isn't rocket science. That, and the width that was supposed to come from Davies + Dier was nonexistent, largely because of the lack of pressure on Ledley + Jedinak, which allowed them to ping accurate long balls to Bolasie and Zaha on the flanks, constantly pinning our full-backs into our own half in anticipation of said balls.

Walker/Yedlin + Rose returning will have a transformative effect on the side, I know it: their pace and engines will allow them to both get up in support and get back to cover, and that will finally give us the width we've been lacking.

At least if you must play Eriksen on the left - don't play someone on the right who has to cut in. Have width on the right, as you have player who can give width, in Lennon, who is actually quite good. Better still, play Eriksen central. Give him two central midfielders as support and get the width from two wide players supporting Kane up front.

Because Everton insist on playing Barkley wide and letting him drift in Eriksen had less difficulty coming inside and influencing the game from CM. But teams that play wide on their right - then he can't do both jobs effectively.

Last edited:
It's all here mate:
http://2plus2equals11.wordpress.com/category/crossing/

Crossing is pretty much a waste of time other than once or twice a match to keep the oppositions guessing.

That is a preposterous oversimplification and an erroneous interpretation of those stats, imo. It doesnt say anywhere that crossing is a waste of time. At best, it can be used to say that it is not worth JUST relying on crossing. No one is saying that. What we want is width, excitement and goals. To say crossing is a waste of time is just disengenious. It is a perfectly valid addition to add variety to any attack.

It is moribund thinking like this that AVB, Poch you and some other adherents to this cult-like aversion to crossing that is ruining the Spurs that we used to love but are now becoming bored to death by.

I don't want to get into an AVB discussion, but he is as responsible for the mess we are in as anyone. These were largely HIS players. He failed to make it work. We were ****e last season with him.

His players? Really? So mason bentaleb kane Fazio dier davies were his players? Interesting. And AVB had to out UK with the sale of our best player, that's hard to adjust to, and he was still getting us playing better then this, and kore importantly getting more points.

At least if you must play Eriksen on the left - don't play someone on the right who has to cut in. Have width on the right, as you have player who can give width, on Lennon, who is actually quite good. Better still, play Eriksen central. Give him two central midfielders as support and get the width from two wide players supporting Kane up front.

Because Everton insist on playing Barkley wide and letting him drift in Eriksen had less difficulty coming inside and influencing the game from CM. But teams play wide on their right - he can't do both jobs effectively.

But if you have only width on one side that is easy to defend against.

Back