• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City OMT***

Last 6 league games Ade and Defoe have totalled 1 goal each. Let's drop the one that contributes most to overall play.

Defoe hasn't hit bad form because of Ade, he has hit it because that's what always happens - he can't stop scoring for about 8 games then loses his golden touch for a month or 2, then finds it and bangs in goals for a while. He is a streaky player and he isn't on a hot streak right now, I don't think dropping Adebayor will simply solve that.

pretty much this. He has still been getting chances, the difference is that he has not been scoring them.

Not a bad game all in all. Took a WHL virgin down yesterday so was a good first game for him. But Coventry fans REALLY need to learn some new songs fast!! They may have been singing throughout but they were like a fudgein broken record... I couldnt even make out what it was they were singing?

I've read that Harry considered Ade one of the least confident players he's ever worked with. Basically, his head drops quickly when something doesn't go right...and he's had a lot not really going right this season, from the protracted Emirates Marketing Project transfer struggle to the injuries, the red card, and the specter of Togo.

That matches what Wenger commented about him after he left Arsenal and makes some sense to me, since he doesn't actually appear lazy from what I've seen (haven't watched this game), but rather not sharp this season. He's still floating around and trying to link up play, but looks labored and tentative in front of goal. He's also slightly slower in that area, but I can't tell if that's down to lack of self-belief or his injuries.

He has plenty of reasons to be depressed too. I think AVB prefers more of a pure-ish number 9, which is why he's stuck with Defoe despite JD not fitting in a team ethos, and why we're pursuing Leandro. Ade's lack of clinicalness isn't such a big downside when his upsides amplify a fluid, productive no. 10 like VdV, but right now we have neither a no. 10 nor the fluidity in attack from early last season.

That's a team chemistry problem as much as an Ade problem. I think we need to circulate the ball more rapidly and creatively in midfield, particularly through the center, before we can see Ade start to brighten up again. Ade's strength is his fluency in building a play, not his ability to beat a man and score individual goals. I know we've improved of late, but our large shots count is pretty reliant on individual runs and dribbles (and long, difficult shots) and I think we still need to create much more through the center and more team-based, clear-cut chances from one-touch passing moves. Even Ade in his best form is not going to do much if the rest of the team are not on the same page.

A fluent passing style is my preference, so I'd prefer we bring in more technical passers elsewhere to complement Ade/another creative striker rather than sell him and pray desperately for an uber-no.9 who can do it all on his own; the latter are far too rare with our wallet, and we're effed if they get injured. Yes, clinical-ness in a striker is important, but I think it's even more important to boost our ability to consistently create clear chances in every game, such that even not-so-sharp players can score and we're not screwed if one superstar gets injured. That means the intelligence and chemistry of the striker to the rest of the team is crucial as well.

i think that there is alot of truth in that. I have noticed that when Ade scores a goal something seems to click and he is really up for it, against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at WHL is a good example. Ade might not be scoring much but i don't think he has been anywhere near as bad as some are making out.

Re: Spurs Vs Coventry - Goals

Indeed. Not sure what Spurs7891's definition of arrogant is.

:lol:
Ok, maybe "arrogant" is not the right word but certainly not the "humble" interview always given by Bale and Defoe. He doesn't seem to give enough credits to his team mates. But no complains as long as he scores goals for us !

As someone posted earlier, I think it would have been 6 or 7 if Ade hadn't played, he was truly awful and he needs to leave. Get someone in who can at least shoot

Point well dodged lol.

Come on then what did they say?

The main protagonist was actually sat behind my missus and youngest boy, so I didn't catch that much of it, but the missus was well hacked with him.

He talked incessantly throughout the game, and 95% of it was negative comments towards the team, even when we were giving Coventry a football lesson. His mate was obviously embarrassed as he hardly acknowledged as correct anything the bloke said.

One of those occasions where you want to turn round and ask why exactly he bothers........think Gordinho had similar incident recently in the Paxton too?

So, it wasn't that he didn't agree with me, as I said bugger all.

Re yesterday:

If you were sat in block 23, row 21, seats 207/208

you are a non-stop talking **** who knows fudge-all about football.

:rolleyes:

Wait..so if anyone did sit there then i assume you will be put on post mod for abuse? pleaseeee someone say they sat there:)

Back