• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Chelski OMT***

I personally think our defence would be better served by signing a world-class DM who can sit in front of the two CBs and dictate the play from deep, but again, it's just an opinion, same as yours. Eminently fair.

Agree, neither Mason or Bentaleb read the game, defend, cover or pass the ball forward well enough to look after the defence. Note the improvement at manure after the return of Carrick.
Trouble is there aren't too many who can do this, so Schneiderling might be worth breaking the bank for, I suppose Javi Martinez or Mascarano are unrealistic?

our central midfield was fine today. theyre goals came from the right. Because they knew Chiriches was a weakness.

Would a Carick like DM have saved any of the goals tonight? Chelsea were great at stretching the pitch. Switching flanks quickly and getting space down out right - our clear and obvious weak spot.

Would a Carick like DM have saved any of the goals tonight? Chelsea were great at stretching the pitch. Switching flanks quickly and getting space down out right - our clear and obvious weak spot.

Spot on. They switched it quickly to both flanks. Davies was also left vulnerable although he was only against Ivanovic most of the time as Willian tucked in a lot. Hazard's positioning kept our defence on its toe's and I think most people in the ground just expected something to happen when he got the ball.

our central midfield was fine today. theyre goals came from the right. Because they knew Chiriches was a weakness.

Then you have to question why Chiriches started ahead of Naughton, who whist not perfect, is a RB by trade unlike Chriches who is a CB...:-k

I must say I was dismayed that he effectively went with the same team that won against Everton.

Winning at ome vs Everton is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT kettle of fish to playing away vs a team like Chelski managed by a manager like Mourinho. That was suicidal imo, and smacked of not knowing why things worked against Everton

I know we have a To Dare is To Do motto, but that was just same-old-Spurs.

Out it this way: we paid Arsenal FAR more respect when we played away to them...why??

It was an improvement of sorts, as last season we lost 4-0 at Chelsea.

The result still leaves us with exactly the same number of points we amassed in the identical fixtures last season.

It was an improvement of sorts, as last season we lost 4-0 at Chelsea.

The result still leaves us with exactly the same number of points we amassed in the identical fixtures last season.

4-0 flattered us last season iirc - this season 3-0 is rather harsh, i thought.

also - no penalty OR red card \o/

I must say I was dismayed that he effectively went with the same team that won against Everton.

Winning at ome vs Everton is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT kettle of fish to playing away vs a team like Chelski managed by a manager like Mourinho. That was suicidal imo, and smacked of not knowing why things worked against Everton

Out it this way: we paid Arsenal FAR more respect when we played away to them...why??

What would you have done? I havent seen the game yet, but it sounds like the team picked done well but came undone by silly individual errors (yet again)

I think it was probably more to do with how early in the season it was and how poorly we had been playing. At that stage, we hadn't looked like we could play football. These last two weeks we have been pinging the ball about with some real intent. Im happy that the coach feels that he can trust the youngsters we have to go out there and play their game.

In the end, we weren't mauled like before. Lennon didn't track the run, Hugo kicked poorly and finally they got a nice counter. Some teams go the Chelski and sit back for 90 mins and still get demolished.

Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project are in a league of their own -- but 3rd and 4th place aren't a million miles away from this team, assuming Poch sticks with Kane, Bentaleb, Mason. Get Walker back in there and maybe Chadli and Townsend in the mix and apply ourselves as we did in the Everton game, we'l be good enough to beat most sides in the division imo.

At least we've played City, Chelsea and Arsenal away now. Having said that we'll probably lose all of them at home too!

No but seriously we are showing signs of improvement, and that is all I've asked for this season. To see a discernible style and pattern to our game. That first 20 mins, we were zipping the ball and around playing some lovely one touch stuff at times.

Back