• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea****

And I hope to GHod we play the kids in that mid-week fixture.

I don't know - there's a big difference between the calibre of opponents group winners get vs runner-ups. We need to make sure we get a point. Though I would play Wimmer, Njie and hopefully Bentaleb.

I think our best route to a goal today was set pieces... but Eriksen's corners and freekicks were woeful, hitting the first man in the chest rather than whipping into the centre.

Perhaps Eriksen needs to practice his set pieces at the pitch (with the steep slopes on the corners) rather than the training ground (flat run off area around the pitch).

I hope you are a minority on here who would take Costa. He's a nasty rat-bag with no class and an eye for viciousness.

Would take him in a heartbeat. He would be a much classier player with us. He's aggressive yes, but not really that bad and its what we need upfront. Someone like him would have won us the game today. A signing like him would imo make us title contenders.

People need to remember the following very important fact...
BOTH our FBs, NEITHER of whom went on the much-discussed 5000 mile trip, got stupid yellow cards in the first-half.
Think about that.
Poch RESTS them because of how important they will be in pressing on, and loses their full-effect for 45 minutes +. The entire second-half they have to tread a line because Chelski will certainly con a second yellow with any invitation. Our attacking game gets negated by some distance (especially as we lacked Alli's pace in the middle and Mason's injury forced Dembele to drop deep, further reducing our attacking options).

I PERSONALLY think people need to wise-up and see this for what it was, a VERY decent performance in context. And again, NEITHER FB went to CarrierBag, thus nothing can be placed on that trip for their brain-farts/stupid challenges.

We missed Alli, true. Our full-backs were macarons , true. However, Eriksen, Son, Kane, Toby, Jan...all of them played against Qaaralalabag. Toby and Jan made uncharacteristic errors in reaction, possession and communication. Eriksen and Son were rusty, Son particularly (tried a lot of stuff that led to turnovers of possession and futile goalkicks): this when we know them to be normally decisive players. Kane was slow to the second ball quite a few times today.

I don't think all of that comes down to just missing Alli and the full-backs' pressing. Again, it's a decent point I would have taken prior to the game: however, it doesn't help if we just ignore the possibility of the lads just being fagged out after a trip to nowhere (made with understandable intentions, but still).

Would take him in a heartbeat. He would be a much classier player with us. He's aggressive yes, but not really that bad and its what we need upfront. Someone like him would have won us the game today. A signing like him would imo make us title contenders.
What about coming to Spurs would change his character? Everything I've read about him says that is the type of player he is to his core. I personally don't want that kind of player at Spurs. And after his non warm up and bib hurling I doubt Poch would either.

The league is a marathon. There's no point hyperboling a single fixture

We were decent and would traditionally have lost it by giving away a goal on the break or from a set piece.

The only thing potentially concerning about today is Mason's injury.

If Mason't out for a while, it's tough on the lad, but given that we have Alli, Dembele,Carroll, Winks and Onomah to call on in those central areas (ignoring Dier and Eriksen), I think we'll be fine.

Time to wrap the guys in cotton wool for a week.

Take them to a sauna, then the Turkish baths for a good stretch, then to a Thai massage parlour for a naked soapy rub down, then some Bikram yoga, then some meditation, then back the Thai massage parlour, then a nap.

What about coming to Spurs would change his character? Everything I've read about him says that is the type of player he is to his core. I personally don't want that kind of player at Spurs. And after his non warm up and bib hurling I doubt Poch would either.

I think Poch would love to have him, and would turn him into a professional. He is HUNGRY! Wants to work hard etc. Perfect for Poch.

I think Poch would love to have him, and would turn him into a professional. He is HUNGRY! Wants to work hard etc. Perfect for Poch.
Thankfully I don't think we'll ever get the chance to see that. And while Poch can transform players I doubt he could tame the wild beast inside Costa that has seen him do the kind of things he's done.

I don't know - there's a big difference between the calibre of opponents group winners get vs runner-ups. We need to make sure we get a point. Though I would play Wimmer, Njie and hopefully Bentaleb.

Eh. We've qualified, and the dual knockout rounds before the quarter-finals are (as you put it with regard to the league) a marathon in their own right. I'd play Winks and Carroll as well (at the least): might even get away withh playing Trippier and Davies again.

Thankfully I don't think we'll ever get the chance to see that. And while Poch can transform players I doubt he could tame the wild beast inside Costa that has seen him do the kind of things he's done.

Quite. Its not going to happen. I don't think Costa is all that wild. We've seen Defoe turn carnivore and have a nibble of opponents. A manager wants players with a passion and hunger to win. Our young side would benefit from someone experienced who could power some goals in. Not sure who the answer is, but its not Costa, simply as they would never sell him to us. Otherwise he would be perfect. A fresh start under a manger he'd like.

Solid if unspectacular performance marred by some perculiar linesmen calls, and a team trying their hardest not to lose

We always struggled against defensive sides and today we did create some decent chances but it was met enough

Eriksen looked jaded to me but we create our best when he came deep and matic followed

Quite. Its not going to happen. I don't think Costa is all that wild. We've seen Defoe turn carnivore and have a nibble of opponents. A manager wants players with a passion and hunger to win. Our young side would benefit from someone experienced who could power some goals in. Not sure who the answer is, but its not Costa, simply as they would never sell him to us. Otherwise he would be perfect. A fresh start under a manger he'd like.
Defoe's bite was the exception though. He didn't stamp etc. There are plenty of other forwards around who are aggressive without the lack of control.

Good point. After mental travel. A whole week off to rest, prepare, get niggles sorted, get players fit and some relatively easy fixtures ahead. The period ahead will hopefully prove today that the conservative approach today was worth it. Pleased.

Back