• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v CHELSEA - FA CUP SEMI FINAL OMT**

New images suggest the ball DID cross the line:

_59676824_matagoal.jpg

blimey, it does look like it.

looks completely different from the virtual replay on ITV. totally different position.

it's hard to say because of the angle though. even if that's accurate, that ball may not be wholly over the line, but that said, i can see why it was given in light of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieArdiles View Post
Well I'd say most of us knew a major decision was gonna go against us before kick-off, but I'm sure you'd agree, we didn't lose the game 5-1 because of that fcuk up? We got beat because once again , just like the past few months we've put in yet another poor 'team' performance .

Let's not be in denial about this , we were poor , very poor and that's what hurt the most, the fact that the Chavs didn't even have to be very good to humiliate us ....

gonad*s, total gonad*s. Not ONE decision, big or small, went our way, it was getting to be a psychologically horrific, and until Harry made the mistake again of thinking that Jermain and Rafa are the same player because, well, they're the same height, then we were odds on to equalize and win...that was NOT a 5-1 game...

Each to their own I guess ...

You're correct, due to the injustice we felt, we roused ourselves and managed to get back into the game but it was short-lived .....Once we got our goal they played keep ball and we didn't have the legs to get it back..

To me it was not a good performance by us , it was lacking in many ways... We're at present a team lacking in team spirit, leadership , confidence the ingredients to win big games ...

For example the 2008 CC Final....

In 2008 we went to Wembley and won a Carling Cup with a better Spurs team against a better Chav team ....

On that day , we had a hunger about us to get after the Chavs ...Up top, we had Berbatov and Keane with their understanding, giving Carvalho and Terry problems ...Yesterday I didn't see anything like that from our two most forward players in VDV & Adybayour ...

Out on the wings we had Lennon and Steed who on that day performed better than Bale & Lennon did yesterday ....

In midfield , we had Jenas & Zokora getting their tackles in for two hours against the likes of Essien , not Mikel, whilst yesterday we had our midfield drop away after 45 minutes and didn't really get snappy untill after the injustice of that ghost goal but then it died down again once we scored .

Our central defenders in the Carling Cup were the assured, Woodgate (MOTM) and a fit Ledders , up against Drogba & Anelka. Yesterday we had an unsure Gallas & Ledders up against the lone front man , Drogba...

Back then , we also had a manager when looking at the scoreline and how the game needed something different , deciding to take off a defender i.e Chimbonda and put on another midfielder , Huddlestone .

I understand all this, decisions are going against us and agree the referee was not doing his job correctly for giving a goal, because he just couldn't be 100% about it. But we cant sit here and be in denial about it all ... We weren't really that good and I don't think they were either, yet we got dingdonged 5-1...

Ramos' CC team V Harry's team in a one off big game ...I know who'd I back to win everytime ...

@Arnie...you turned the discussion into a comparison, which is a tad unfair. I always was, and am, a Ramos fan...he was unlucky to suffer personal issues which disrupted his time with us...

@Arnie...you turned the discussion into a comparison, which is a tad unfair. I always was, and am, a Ramos fan...he was unlucky to suffer personal issues which disrupted his time with us...

Okies Steff I hear you but that was not my intention .. It was just an example to back my opening two paragraphs ....

I probably read to many posts on this and other forums pointing to the ghost goal and how we were still in it until their third was scored.. I just wanted to point out that IMO we didn't perform well , that were all and that we didn't display any of the characteristics needed, in winning a big game against what I feel is a moderate Chavs team ...

Anyway ,,,fcuk the FA Cup semi-final , its gone ..... I'm now off to join in your Optimism thread , to give it some, one more time.... COYS!!!

It was used in some of the papers!

I just think it is scewed due to the photographers postion, the angle of the post and goaline don't match and I find it hard to believe that all those TV cameras didn't catch the ball going over that far as I've yet to see footage that matches that image.

Back