• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal OMT

Maybe in Arsenes crocked mind this victory will mean he will stick with failed players which in next season and beyond will lead us CL and them to EL. It is important to realise how poor they are and how crazy their manager is to quantify the meaning of any result. Today we lost three points, but maybe our rivals stick with players proven to be failures. In my mind we have been beaten by poor opposition which either Stoke or Arsenal should not be forgiven. We are better than these teams and should not be losing points to them.

and let's face it, we are unlikely to play that badly again any time soon or Arsenal play as well as they did.

Erm, how about Stevenage, Watford, and Wolves in recent weeks ? Playing badly is becoming regular now and I would think it is HIGHLY likely we will do the same again next week.

Who on here would like Bale to play left wing instead of being a Nomad? I would.
I think that to play Bale in a "free role" is the single most destructive decision we have done all season. No balance, no system, no width and no pace on the left. And Bale isn't even good at playing the role, we tell him to stop doing what he does best while asking him to do something he can't. Harry - don't do it anymore. Please.

I think that to play Bale in a "free role" is the single most destructive decision we have done all season. No balance, no system, no width and no pace on the left. And Bale isn't even good at playing the role, we tell him to stop doing what he does best while asking him to do something he can't. Harry - don't do it anymore. Please.

agreed, jol tried the same with Lennon, they both create more with chalky boots

People are blaming the full backs but I blame the players in front of them - where was Bale? Where the fudge was Kranjcar?

WHERE THE fudge WAS VAN DER VAART??? did he even come ON?

Disgusting game today... we committed the cardinal sin of thinking we'd won it at 2-0... IN MY LIFETIME OF SUPPORTING SPURS, I COULD'VE TOLD YOU THAT NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!

The problem is, he's become a player who mostly drifts around and occasionally sticks to the left when he should be a player who mostly sticks on the left and occasionally drifts around. And I have thought this very same thing ever since he started doing it.

That's were Bale wants to play. Harry lets him. That's why Bale wants to stay here.

One other thing, Ade was so dreadful in jumping out of tackles and headers that he should not be signed permently. His performance was of one protecting himself - celebrating his goal by not celebrating against a team who hates him gives me the thought that he fails to see this.

Id say the players - I thought Arse wanted it more than we did.

Our players are believing their own hype too much - theyre suckin their own ****s.

You can certainly point at individual errors and shortcomings, but I feel Redknapp was also guilty of not realising where we'd got lucky, and thinking we were 2-0 up after half an hour because of his brilliant team selection. He should have switched to 4-5-1 as soon as the penalty went in, and given them till half-time to settle into the new formation without having to chase more goals at the same time. Did Saha even touch the ball after he scored? Can't understand why we never saw Lennon, either; he always plays well v Arse and usually hurts them.

So today...

Team selection: Wrong
Substitutions: Wrong

And yet harry still was sat on that bench for the whole match, and did nothing to help the players.

Some seem to be forgetting how our 2nd goal came about.

Yeah I thought it was a dive too.

Shameful the way he goes over and then puts his foot into Sczezny to make it look like a foul.

That is the only bizarre reverse consolation I can take from today - we cheated, and we didn't benefit

You could see it coming all game. Even when we were 2-0 up defensively we were poor. I'm not sure a change of formation would have changed anything even from the start. The players in my opinion let themselves down today. The passing was poor, the tackling was poor and the general effort was off today. Arsenal were the better team on the day and deserved the win. Our only consolation is we are still 7 points ahead of them and Chelsea but we need to bounce back as soon as possible. Another couple of poor results and in the next few games and the pressure will be on.

When we play teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd or City, we need to play 4-5-1 home or away, we need to control the midfield, today showed that.

Teams that wont give us anything and will sit back need to be 4-4-2'ed

spot on. but in that formation lennon MUST play

One other thing, Ade was so dreadful in jumping out of tackles and headers that he should not be signed permently. His performance was of one protecting himself - celebrating his goal by not celebrating against a team who hates him gives me the thought that he fails to see this.

i take it u didnt see vdv jumping out of tackles and generally pussy footing about

Yeah I thought it was a dive too.

Shameful the way he goes over and then puts his foot into Sczezny to make it look like a foul.

That is the only bizarre reverse consolation I can take from today - we cheated, and we didn't benefit

Half time images on Norwegian telly shows clearly that Bale was tripped on his heel by the defender whose name escapes me. So Bale didn't dive, he was fouled. I don't know if the ref actually saw that little trip, but the decision was 100% correct.

Back