• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v AEL Limassol UEFA Europa League Play Off****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good goal from Soldado there

it was he hasn't had many goals for us obviously but he seems to do much better with the awkward instinctual finishes. I can't remember him scoring any usual "striker" goals take a touch pick a corner and boom which is strange for someone who has been so prolific elsewhere

Just saw the goals on SSN...looked really tasty! Cant believe this was not on tv....unbelievable...

Still job done, and focus switches to QPR on Sunday another game we cant see because Hull vs Stoke is a bigger draw that arry back at whl.... Well done lads good result.

Doesn't cut it for me. Think his role will always be off the striker or even out wide on the left, Rodriguez style.

I think he's good in both roles. He was given a chance as a lone striker and bagged 3 in 3 or something like that...he's been given a chance on the left and also done well. The guy deserves to start.

Kane was great for us today, probably our best man. Lamela did very well when he came on, turned the game around on his own. Set up both goals and could've scored at least two himself. Had a brilliant solo effort in the closing minutes which he deserved to score from, would've been an excellent goal.

Paulinho was ****e, as per usual, just didn't show up, and Townsend can't pass the ball if his life depended on it, I can't believe some of the chances he got today passing to a better placed team mate where he chose to just run on (and 19 times out of 20 into a dead end). He really needs to learn when to let go of the ball.

Blimey, that was a lovely ball by Lamela and great finish by Soldado.

Kane's goal was great skill, I see he's getting more fans on here by each game. Makes mockery of some of the 'Championship quality player' etc etc remarks he was getting not so long ago....

I've just read through this thread -- overall, I'm glad I was at work when the game was on!

Got a win and should handle the 2nd leg no problems. Sounds like Kane and Lamela got something useful from their time on the pitch, and Soldado scored. From what you are all saying, it seems a bit concerning re. the performances of Vertonghen and Paulinho...BUT, these two will be a little behind the others due to returning to training a little later, same for Adebayor and Kaboul's lack of sharpness against West Ham.

Hopoefully, we can get some fluency against QPR to give everyone a confidence boost.

No defensive midfielder protecting our back 4, so sure are defence looks rubbish. You play Capoue or your play Sandro or you get a fecking replacement

Totally agree.
Perhaps Tim's legacy is the disappearance of Holding combative midfield players at Spurs?

Then we should prepare for more drubbings from the better sides and easy goals for the weaker sides.

Perhaps it is a return to Ossie's famous 5, except without the quality technique of Messrs Teddy, Klinsmann, Barmby, Anderton and Dumitrescu?

Kane is really starting to shine. He's a LOT better than a lot of people thought i bet. It's coming with confidence of playing more first-team football. He's really starting to look quality and like he can potentially be a top Premiership player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back