• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

i just realized our stadium is more egg shaped than a symmetrical oval
XeuUo0a.png
tottenhambird.png

What did you expect? :rolleyes:

We were all bigots in the 1960's.

We had a saying then " sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me". Now we have waste of time social workers who scream injustice every time they get out of bed.

Granted, it'd just be nice to think that we've all move on a little in the 50 years since that golden age of enlightenment.

Granted, it'd just be nice to think that we've all move on a little in the 50 years since that golden age of enlightenment.

It very nice to sit in the warm and fluffy world of now and make judgements on the people and times past while still holding on to modern prejudices.

It very nice to sit in the warm and fluffy world of now and make judgements on the people and times past while still holding on to modern prejudices.
My comments were not aimed at "the people and times past", rather those sitting in the"warm and fluffy world of now" who think such views are still justified or relevant.

People and things have moved on, its those who hide behind the " racism card" and scream it from the rooftops at every chance. Many social workers are very good at that.

It's just an observation though, isn't it? More so now than before there's a bigger diversity in characters with different characteristics in commercials and children's movies etc. Which is good, but it's something you notice, and perhaps allow yourself to chuckle at, especially if you're used to the opposite.

Last edited:
Came here to have a look at the new stadium thread, landed on this page and had to scroll up on my phone to make sure I hadn't landed in random :S

Which views? Were any 'views' expressed here?

Maybe, maybe not; only you know that.

However, it does read (to me at least) like there was a pejorative tone to the remark. If that's not the case and my inference is wide of the mark, then my apologies.

But let's not play coy. It reads like you were having a dig at the composition of the image. Why shouldn't there be a wheelchair user or a hijab wearer in the picture? Why is it worthy of comment? Do you think either of those minorities or minorities of other types don't read this forum or comments like it? Why shouldn't they be included in an image depicting modern London?

I can honestly say that there was no pejorative dig at the persons represented but rather at the image composition, a comment on the way it was constructed which to my mind comes across still as a bit of a box-ticking/checklist thing. I remember a few years back seeing a railway timetable where a white face had clearly been coloured in to add diversity to the cover picture. :)

There did seem a lack of overweight, slightly unshaven middle-aged white guys in too-small replica Spurs tops too.

I can honestly say that there was no pejorative dig at the persons represented but rather at the image composition, a comment on the way it was constructed which to my mind comes across still as a bit of a box-ticking/checklist thing. I remember a few years back seeing a railway timetable where a white face had clearly been coloured in to add diversity to the cover picture. :)

There did seem a lack of overweight, slightly unshaven middle-aged white guys in too-small replica Spurs tops too.

Stoutist !

Back