• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I dont think the station should be called Tottenham Hotspur though do you? Tottenham would be fine?

Mind you the Gooner Station has nothing at all to do with the area so there is a precedent.

I can't see the point, it only helps to remove the name from the club in the future, or is that the point?

I wonder if there is any chance that once Core 6 is completed in that corner, there is a possibility of some temporary seating (the scaffold type), if there is no real rush to complete anymore in that zone. Perhaps a single tier that could fill in the corner,1000 or so seats??

Sneaky little earner Daniel!??!

I'd prefer to keep the station name WHL as a nod to our past. I know the stadium name will change but no need to wipe the name of our current home from everything . I'll always know and call it WHL no matter what anyway.

Funny thing, I never really call it White Hart Lane, I just call it The Lane, because no other Lane matters

Funny thing, I never really call it White Hart Lane, I just call it The Lane, because no other Lane matters
Not sure I understand why the club want to change the name anyway. White Hart Lane is synonymous with Spurs, the name commands a lot of affection with the fans and everyone knows what it stands for.

'Welcome to White Hart Lane, the world-famous home of the Spurs.'

Not sure I understand why the club want to change the name anyway. White Hart Lane is synonymous with Spurs, the name commands a lot of affection with the fans and everyone knows what it stands for.

See the post on the previous page from Mattilda Collywobs. Apparently it is TfL who want to rename the station (to North Tottenham). Given that TfL are thinking of this, the club want to try to have some influence on the outcome.
It is TfL who are extremely keen to dissolve the station name 'White Hart Lane', and to replace it with North Tottenham, 'in order that it complements South Tottenham'. At this point, it should be recognised that TfL only began discussing a name change after Northumberland Development Project had gained significant planning traction.

What is clear is that our decision to heavily invest has presented a clear commercial opportunity for TfL, and they are keen to explore that as it aligns with their revenue growth strategy. It is within that context where we would like to influence the direction of any rename as the new station will act as a major artery into NDP.

Exactly. Would love to keep some White Hart Lane around the area, so why the name change? Obviously a business decision, as everything else in football these days.

'Tottenham White Hart Lane' or 'Tottenham White Hart' complement Tottenham South.

Up to all the locals though really.

WHL_14.png

Piling rig gone and excavation started in the NE corner.

Floors on both sides of the new stadium currently held up by a lack of raker beams.

'Tottenham White Hart Lane' or 'Tottenham White Hart' complement Tottenham South.

Up to all the locals though really.

Imagine if this was West Ham. They be insisting on something like 'The Gateway to Nirvana'

If TFL are suddenly concerned with practicality over tradition, they should change Tottenham Court Road to Soho, so Son's Korean fanbase don't end up sat in the Dominion.

Floors on both sides of the new stadium currently held up by a lack of raker beams.
I've been puzzling over this sentence for 24 hours and it still doesn't make sense to me.

Do you mean held up as in "suspended high in the air" or held up as in "delayed"?

But... the raker beams are just sitting there waiting for the seating... they aren't needed to support the floors?

Anywho, this page of the St Petersburg thread is great, loads of big images of a 90% finished stadium... foreshadowing how we will feel in a year or so...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=459203&page=128

Note the 'underground' one which is where the entire pitch will slide out! Discussed on the Spurs SSC thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=549397&page=1211 as follows:

1. Interesting that they appear to be able to slide the pitch out under a stand that is not supported like NWHL (i.e. no need to split the pitch). I know there are other stadia that can do this but it normally requires a diminished or temporary stand at one end. But here they appear to have a "normal" permanent stand in keeping with the rest of the Stadium yet able to span the entire pitch width.
  • My understanding is that most of these type of systems have retractable supports for the stand above that are raised whilst the pitch is being moved outside.
  • We can't use such supports at NWHL because the pitch will sit underneath the stand when not in use and the stand itself will be in use whilst the pitch is underneath it.
  • There is a video on YouTube that shows this system in one of the German stadiums; I have Shalke in my head but I may be wrong.

But... the raker beams are just sitting there waiting for the seating... they aren't needed to support the floors?

Anywho, this page of the St Petersburg thread is great, loads of big images of a 90% finished stadium... foreshadowing how we will feel in a year or so...

Note the 'underground' one which is where the entire pitch will slide out! Discussed on the Spurs SSC thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=549397&page=1211 as follows:

1. Interesting that they appear to be able to slide the pitch out under a stand that is not supported like NWHL (i.e. no need to split the pitch). I know there are other stadia that can do this but it normally requires a diminished or temporary stand at one end. But here they appear to have a "normal" permanent stand in keeping with the rest of the Stadium yet able to span the entire pitch width.
  • My understanding is that most of these type of systems have retractable supports for the stand above that are raised whilst the pitch is being moved outside.
  • We can't use such supports at NWHL because the pitch will sit underneath the stand when not in use and the stand itself will be in use whilst the pitch is underneath it.
  • There is a video on YouTube that shows this system in one of the German stadiums; I have Shalke in my head but I may be wrong.

Nice. Seems like they started building that back in 2009!

But... the raker beams are just sitting there waiting for the seating... they aren't needed to support the floors
They don't support the floors, but the top/horisontal part on the top of the rakers become embedded in the floor. So if there is no raker in that area, they can't start poring slab to make the floor.

Reminds me of a flying saucer I was abducted in once.

They don't support the floors, but the top/horisontal part on the top of the rakers become embedded in the floor. So if there is no raker in that area, they can't start poring slab to make the floor.
Interesting, thank you. So do we think the rakers aren't created, or aren't on site, or the pads aren't ready for them to sit on, or something else? The amount of information from the club is poor, and the webcams are such low resolution. They should just take high quality photos around the site each day, rather than 4 uselessly low res live feeds.

Back