• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Are you serious?

I’m pretty sure Levy/the club is making every possible effort to get the incompetent people responsible for F’in up the fire safety system to sort out their mess asap. What possible benefit do you think Levy would have for prioritizing the tunnel club over getting the fire system signed off?!

Isnt it much more likely that the stadium is basically ready and has been for a while now, so they might as well use it for the odd small event like this whilst waiting for the wiring to be fixed?
Semi serious. I don’t believe we prioritised the tunnel club over safety systems but the club being delighted to host this event has sparked something in me. If the lauded attention to detail regarding the luxurity facilities and Levy insisting on blue cables instead of red ones had been applied to the safety systems then perhaps we’d have not had this huge delay.

Let's be honest, Levy is going full tilt for the NFL, either in the hope of cashing in from the NFL tie in or the real prize of snagging the London Franchise rights. NFL Superbowl parties take place everywhere so given the landscape it was a natural PR opportunity and may even generate enough interest for those very expensive seats for NFL games. Personally I think this also allows us to get another another test event completed, albeit on a smaller scale...

Also agree with Gazza Dazzla, you can't be serious and I'll put it down to you hitting your frustration threshold :)
You’re right the frustration button has been hit!

According to the email they will use the event to test the ticketing systems: "Tickets will be priced at £1 each so that we can use this opportunity to test our ticketing systems". Would you prefer that this test was left until later? If the systems don't work, how will they "be able to host football matches that would give us enough revenue you know, to actually sign players who could perhaps improve the performance of the team"?
You mean the same systems they already charged £1 to test in the much larger test event? Unless they are special systems for the tunnel club but as there are only 200 or so people who can enter I’d say that could be done by workers on site.

I don’t want any testing left to later, I still feel there must have been a lack of testing in the first place, which I accept I can’t change but then seeing that exec members are being delightfully invited to a jolly to watch NFL has irritated me.

You mean the same systems they already charged £1 to test in the much larger test event? Unless they are special systems for the tunnel club but as there are only 200 or so people who can enter I’d say that could be done by workers on site.

I don’t want any testing left to later, I still feel there must have been a lack of testing in the first place, which I accept I can’t change but then seeing that exec members are being delightfully invited to a jolly to watch NFL has irritated me.
When the tickets for the South Stand event were tested there were complaints that some tickets could not be processed properly. Hence the need for further testing. So there is no problem with the amount of testing but a need for retesting after faults have been found and corrected. Whether extra testing can be done by workers on site is irrelevant: they are killing more than two birds with one stone by having an NFL evening for Executive members involving testing food and drink provision in a different area from before, testing the video systems in a public event and the retesting of ticket systems.
Your last comment betrays your true feelings.

Do we even know that those pics are from the stadium?
Fixing that cable into trunking is a simple enough job that could be done in the time it's took to take the pic and make the post, I would have thought.

Tbh something about that guy just doesn't ring true
The one on the left looks like the west stand foyer, but that guy admitted the photo is from over a month ago and they have been working on that area a lot since then. It might just have been work in progress. Just looking at it again I would think that is just a temporary fixing. They won't have trunking exposed either in such a prominant area. I would guess the whole column will get paneled up with something.

Glad to see we have got our priorities in order. If we spent less time worrying about a nice glass tunnel club for the benefit of around a hundred people and made more of an effort to actually make the stadium fit for purpose, ie housing 60k fans and to be able to host football matches that would give us enough revenue you know, to actually sign players who could perhaps improve the performance of the team.
Good call. The two things are clearly inextricably linked. If only we hadn't bothered with the corporate offering all of our safety systems would've worked perfectly first time.

When the tickets for the South Stand event were tested there were complaints that some tickets could not be processed properly. Hence the need for further testing. So there is no problem with the amount of testing but a need for retesting after faults have been found and corrected. Whether extra testing can be done by workers on site is irrelevant: they are killing more than two birds with one stone by having an NFL evening for Executive members involving testing food and drink provision in a different area from before, testing the video systems in a public event and the retesting of ticket systems.
Your last comment betrays your true feelings.
What are my true feelings?

Trouble is, if we are trying to sue them we cant be the ones to decide the delay.

People being sued need to say we are delaying by xxx months
If we say its delayed by xxx months, then company we are suing will just say we were going to have it finished next week so wasnt us who caused the delay

Ive heard this. Essentially Levy is playing a blinder with the ‘ownership’ of the faults/delays and what-have-you? Apparently a few companies will be going under due to the delays in this project.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

The one on the left looks like the west stand foyer, but that guy admitted the photo is from over a month ago and they have been working on that area a lot since then. It might just have been work in progress. Just looking at it again I would think that is just a temporary fixing. They won't have trunking exposed either in such a prominant area. I would guess the whole column will get paneled up with something.
Issues such as the ones highlighted in those pictures are very minor in nature and would take next to no time to resolve.

Ive heard this. Essentially Levy is playing a blinder with the ‘ownership’ of the faults/delays and what-have-you? Apparently a few companies will be going under due to the delays in this project.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
I would be surprised if any company goes under. Typically contracts are taken on with limited liability (usually capped at a number appropriate to the size of the contract) and that liability would be covered by an insurer..... I guess there is the small possibility that one of those insurers has a poor risk model and hasn't had their policies underwritten adequately, but I would think the likelihood of this is small.

If the delays are all attributable to Tyco (or whoever it was that installed the safety systems) then the club could probably only recover a maximum of 2 or 2.5 times that contract value if it can be proved that Tyco were the sole/main cause of the delay and the cost of the delay amounts to at least 2 - 2.5 times the value of the contract.

Last edited:
Issues such as the ones highlighted in those pictures are very minor in nature and would take next to no time to resolve.

Not quite true of the position of the fire alarm in the second photo - if that is replicated throughout the job then it's a painstaking process to put right, first photo yeah is just a minor issue which wouldn't hold us up in any sense

Transport to White Hart Lane!
As a kid living in Walthamstow it was always a chore getting to Spurs considering Walthamstow is a neighbouring borough to Tottenham! I used to think surely there must be some kind of conspiracy
to make it as difficult as possible to stop Spurs fans from getting to White Hart Lane. You simply could not get a bus to the ground or a train. I would normally get a 123 bus or a 275 from Forest Rd down to Tottenham High Rd and then have walk the extra mile to the ground or alternatively get off the bus at Tottenham Hale and walk the extra mile and a half from there..:)
Mind you, the 275 bus nearly made it to the ground after diverting half way around South Tottenham then turning right back down Tottenham High Rd and then conveniently turning left at Bruce Grove down Lordship Lane so you still had to leg it for half a mile!

When I followed Spurs at away games in the sixties you would find busses were laid on for the fans in Leeds Manchester, Coventry,Leicester etc and most other Cities!

This situation is still the same now I believe with the lack of public transport between Walthamstow and Tottenham. Maybe it doesn,t matter so much these days as to my knowledge there are hardly any Spurs fans living in Walthamstow or Tottenham for that matter these days! but maybe that will change...one day:eek:

Surely especially now with the New Stadium it would make sense for Local fans to be able to get to the ground by public transport and to not take their car. We all know anyway there is hardly any parking for cars anywhere near WHL thanks to Harringay Council. This you may think is not worth looking at but it may make sense for Spurs and the Football Club to have those extra fans being able to get to our New Stadium conveniently or get there at all! in this Locality from Walthamstow to Tottenham.
It still gets my goat looking back..well it's incredible really! never being able to get directly to our ground via public transport from Walthamstow to Tottenham!!!
An old rant;)

"seeing that exec members are being delightfully invited to a jolly to watch NFL has irritated me."
Ah I took the meaning of betray as in ‘not support’.

My true feelings are that I am very frustrated by the delay, the impact it has on the atmosphere while I’m in attendance at Wembley, the ongoing loss of revenue that we were expecting and I suspect an on impact the team as the atmosphere continues to dwindle. Of course i shouldn’t get too worked up about things beyond my control, I can choose to get a refund on the remaining games at Wembley, but i this situation I’m not a customer in the usual sense in that I cannot take my custom elsewhere.

I’m becoming more frustrated as I’m not clear on who is accountable for the error, so I’m erring toward the top man. I know the stadium will be great in so many ways, but we are now using money from somewhere else, so we are going to suffer in another area (I suspect the transfer budget and wages) due to the late delivery.
I know it’s not the fault of the exec members and certainly not the tunnel club members who I am very grateful to for their insane contribution to the club.
I guess as I have friends who have to make decisions about whether they can afford to go to the United game because they went on sale at cat A prices before the 1/19 refund kicked in and little things like removing the cup games from the ST make me feel like the support through the bad times is now irrelevant and the announcement of a NFL screening for people, regardless of the length of their affiliation felt like a bad PR move, by the sounds of it just for over sensitive little old me.

The pedant in me would like to state that my point re the ticket systems was they didn’t need this event to test them in such a small number, not that it doesn’t make sense to not test everything they can once they decided to do it.

As a kid living in Walthamstow it was always a chore getting to Spurs considering Walthamstow is a neighbouring borough to Tottenham! I used to think surely there must be some kind of conspiracy
to make it as difficult as possible to stop Spurs fans from getting to White Hart Lane. You simply could not get a bus to the ground or a train. I would normally get a 123 bus or a 275 from Forest Rd down to Tottenham High Rd and then have walk the extra mile to the ground or alternatively get off the bus at Tottenham Hale and walk the extra mile and a half from there..:)
Mind you, the 275 bus nearly made it to the ground after diverting half way around South Tottenham then turning right back down Tottenham High Rd and then conveniently turning left at Bruce Grove down Lordship Lane so you still had to leg it for half a mile!

When I followed Spurs at away games in the sixties you would find busses were laid on for the fans in Leeds Manchester, Coventry,Leicester etc and most other Cities!

This situation is still the same now I believe with the lack of public transport between Walthamstow and Tottenham. Maybe it doesn,t matter so much these days as to my knowledge there are hardly any Spurs fans living in Walthamstow or Tottenham for that matter these days! but maybe that will change...one day:eek:

Surely especially now with the New Stadium it would make sense for Local fans to be able to get to the ground by public transport and to not take their car. We all know anyway there is hardly any parking for cars anywhere near WHL thanks to Harringay Council. This you may think is not worth looking at but it may make sense for Spurs and the Football Club to have those extra fans being able to get to our New Stadium conveniently or get there at all! in this Locality from Walthamstow to Tottenham.
It still gets my goat looking back..well it's incredible really! never being able to get directly to our ground via public transport from Walthamstow to Tottenham!!!
An old rant;)
It’s going to be very interesting how the improved transport links aid getting extra 25k out of the ground, although I actually prefer a walk down the High Road to being held at Wembley or queuing and waiting at WHL station. On a good kick off with more people hitting the pubs or staying in the ground it should thin out but night games will be the big challenge.

Potentially silly question, but if we can hold test events with the failed safety systems, does that mean it’s only a concern for a certain number of people in the ground, or for the length of time they spend in the ground. Just wondering out loud if a reduced capacity could expedite anything?

Potentially silly question, but if we can hold test events with the failed safety systems, does that mean it’s only a concern for a certain number of people in the ground, or for the length of time they spend in the ground. Just wondering out loud if a reduced capacity could expedite anything?

Got to be in volume I think of they have a controlled number of guests they can cater for fail safe systems

An old rant;)
Jeez.....first world problems.

Back