• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Potentially silly question, but if we can hold test events with the failed safety systems, does that mean it’s only a concern for a certain number of people in the ground, or for the length of time they spend in the ground. Just wondering out loud if a reduced capacity could expedite anything?
Don't know if true, but have heard that the safety systems work, but are wrongly installed, and in addition the major issue is that the control system fails when they turn on all sections. It works for individual areas, but not all at the same time.

It’s going to be very interesting how the improved transport links aid getting extra 25k out of the ground, although I actually prefer a walk down the High Road to being held at Wembley or queuing and waiting at WHL station. On a good kick off with more people hitting the pubs or staying in the ground it should thin out but night games will be the big challenge.
I used to enjoy walking down the High Rd at Tottenham admitted, ...had no choice lol, but now the New Stadium presents
such an imposing view,its quite something else to see it from that distance.

So we (the club) may have a decision next week?

giphy.gif

Yay - we helped! :D

@greatwhitenorf - we did it! :p

Last edited:
Careful what you wish for, Icewalker.

If it all should go awry, you know you'll hear the fateful cry;

BLAME CANADA!

Blame-canada-southpark.jpg

Blame Canada, blame Canada
With all their hockey hullabaloo
And that bitch Anne Murray too
Blame Canada, shame on Canada

The smut we must stop, the trash we must smash
Laughter and fun must all be undone
We must blame them and cause a fuss
Before someone thinks of blaming us

Careful what you wish for, Icewalker.

If it all should go awry, you know you'll hear the fateful cry;

BLAME CANADA!

Blame-canada-southpark.jpg

Blame Canada, blame Canada
With all their hockey hullabaloo
And that bitch Anne Murray too
Blame Canada, shame on Canada

The smut we must stop, the trash we must smash
Laughter and fun must all be undone
We must blame them and cause a fuss
Before someone thinks of blaming us

Always preferred Weird Al's take on us, tbh. :D

Transport to White Hart Lane!
As a kid living in Walthamstow it was always a chore getting to Spurs considering Walthamstow is a neighbouring borough to Tottenham! .
It still gets my goat looking back.. well it's incredible really! never being able to get directly to our ground via public transport from Walthamstow to Tottenham!!!
An old rant;)

I had a music teacher who lived in Walthamstow, up past Blackhorse Road, and I used to think the same thing getting on the 123 going the other way. Always seemed to take forever. :D

They can't skate worth schitt and never cut their weight in firewood.

The best thing to come out of Canadia is this beauty of a tune:

Last edited:
https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/...ilds-to-the-spurs-soap-opera/10039143.article
The day after Spurs fans invaded the pitch at White Hart Lane to celebrate for the last time at their club’s 118-year-old home, Mace chief executive Mark Reynolds was handed the keys.

It was a symbolic gesture described by club chairman Daniel Levy as an “historic milestone”.

Mace had now taken on “full responsibility” for White Hart Lane as “main contractor”.

On site, however, the reality of the situation was a little different...

Back