• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

DfbaO1MW0AAikkJ.jpg

Well thats the catch as well, whatever it is officially called itll always be WHL to the fans.
That's the benefit (for us supporters) of not actually 'moving'.....when anyone asks what you're up to?....the answer will always contain 'the lane', and it's impossible for anyone (levy etc) to push anything else on us. Not particularly coz I don't want to, its just engrained in me, that's all.

If I were any other fan in the premiership I would have a slight touch of envy... but never admit it openly.

I may even get on the internet and post on my football teams forums staying how brick the stadium is and how spurs will always be a nothing club to make myself feel better.

Why do you think all they ever talk about is how much debt we'll have to service and how it's inevitable that we're going to fall away?

If I were any other fan in the premiership I would have a slight touch of envy... but never admit it openly.

I may even get on the internet and post on my football teams forums staying how brick the stadium is and how spurs will always be a nothing club to make myself feel better.
And how far behind schedule the build is, will never be ready, etc.!!

I do find it hilarious how nowadays every single Spurs post has a non spurs fan slating the post. Be it Kane signing a new contract and fans saying "He wont win anything so why has he done it." or "Means he's off to Madrid next year". It's definitely jealousy and I was jealous about Ar5enal having a brand new stadium all those years ago but I guess there wasnt much social media access back then. It happens across all clubs I know but I don't read the posts anymore.
This is going to be huge for us. You can already see that times are changing with the Kane salary increase. What a time to be a spurs fan, and I am buzzing. I really cannot wait to step into that stadium for the first time and see football being played at our new Lane... for 45 mins.

I was actually never jealous of the emirates.

I was impressed by the achievement, and concerned it would mean they would pull further ahead of us, but was never actually jealous of the stadium. It never had any character, any soul, so it never appealed to me. I went there for the Emirates cup a few years later, and it turns out I was right. Just being there, there is a very odd sense of detachment.

No atmosphere, no character, no heart - even the concourse just looks like a multi story car park.

And now, seeing ours - I wonder if Arsenal regret the choices they made.

They moved in in 2006, by 2009 they were trying to bring some character to it because of the above.

This is 12 years ago, not 25 - I look at it and wonder - why didnt they do what Levy is now?

Equally the Olympic site, though that was a clusterfudge all the way through.

But - any new stadium build - why wouldnt you maximise it in the way Levy has? It doesnt seem visionary, rather just common sense.

Back