• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Oh, I did not know that. Are you sure? So does that mean the rails will not be in place and if approved they are the last thing to be installed for it to be standing?

Yes, unless I've totally misunderstood. You can see the rails from the seat views in the interactive map.
There isn't anything we would need to do apart from lock the seats in upright position.

Yes, unless I've totally misunderstood. You can see the rails from the seat views in the interactive map.
There isn't anything we would need to do apart from lock the seats in upright position.

The way they've done it is to install rails along the bottom, so the replacement rail seats can be easily clipped on

seats730.jpg

My understanding is that the lower part of the south stand will have rails installed (why juniors are not allowed there), but the seats will be normal ones. The seats would have to be changed to the lock down type.

No, it's clearly me being the pleb!
I swear when I was looking at seats yesterday I was seeing a rail. I'll have to look again when I'm back indoors.
So it's now my turn to be confused.
If it's normal seating, how is it future proofed for standing?

It's just earmarked as the area that will be safestanding.

Don't think that's true re the rails being installed now (though could be wrong) JTS, just think they mention the rail height as if the area gets used for safe standing in the future the rails will be too high for kids - so a warning not to buy there now if you won't be happy to stay once it's introduced.

Yeh I don’t think the rails will be installed at all as that will restrict the view of everyone and would cause uproar. Ive expected the view that I’ve been sold above will be the view that we have until future standing becomes approved exactly as Billyiddo says.

There’s no way spurs can sell seats with the view as it is and then put the rails in. That would restrict the views and change the view sold to you. That would be misselling a product.

Last edited:
The way they've done it is to install rails along the bottom, so the replacement rail seats can be easily clipped on

seats730.jpg

Aren't all seats clipped onto a rail, in some fashion?

It's just earmarked as the area that will be safestanding.

Don't think that's true re the rails being installed now (though could be wrong) JTS, just think they mention the rail height as if the area gets used for safe standing in the future the rails will be too high for kids - so a warning not to buy there now if you won't be happy to stay once it's introduced.
Yeh I don’t think the rails will be installed at all as that will restrict the view of everyone and would cause uproar. Ive expected the view that I’ve been sold above will be the view that we have until future standing becomes approved exactly as Billyiddo says.

There’s no way spurs can sell seats with the view as it is and then put the rails in. That would restrict the views and change the view sold to you. That would be misselling a product.

I stand corrected in my understanding which was clearly wrong. Not sure what I was looking at yesterday that looked like a rail. Perhaps it was a real, genuine rail/barrier, and nothing to do with safe standing.

Although, to GGG's point, the rail seating can't obstruct views can it? I thought that even when safe standing is allowed, there are some games (e.g CL) where it would have to revert to seating mode? That wouldn't work if evreyone's view was obstructed (in theory. In practice everyone will continue to stand anyway). But I might have that wrong. It has been known.... occasionally :)

0994350A-8FE8-46BC-9EA8-DD88C76D423D.jpeg 1599D145-52CC-4BE0-8EFB-D5BA2FB8177D.jpeg 947C2244-CBAA-4B74-9418-79F3D9630232.jpeg
Aren't all seats clipped onto a rail, in some fashion?

I stand corrected in my understanding which was clearly wrong. Not sure what I was looking at yesterday that looked like a rail. Perhaps it was a real, genuine rail/barrier, and nothing to do with safe standing.

Although, to GGG's point, the rail seating can't obstruct views can it? I thought that even when safe standing is allowed, there are some games (e.g CL) where it would have to revert to seating mode? That wouldn't work if evreyone's view was obstructed (in theory. In practice everyone will continue to stand anyway). But I might have that wrong. It has been known.... occasionally :)
Haha. Well the only reason I mention it as that from the rails and seats I’ve seen online I can’t see how they wouldn’t restrict your view when sitting down. Look at the attached. You could be looking through the two metal poles so would most likely have a restricted view.

View attachment 4340 View attachment 4341 View attachment 4342
Haha. Well the only reason I mention it as that from the rails and seats I’ve seen online I can’t see how they wouldn’t restrict your view when sitting down. Look at the attached. You could be looking through the two metal poles so would most likely have a restricted view.
I agree, from the pics you posted, it does look that way.
Reading the ST FAQs in the pack sent out, it says " The integral safety bar is 900mm high - approximately the shoulder height of the supporter sitting in front. This will not impact on sightlines for adults...".
Regardless, it's going to be a good few years away in any case.

700CBF0C-014D-4E62-959F-C521B7B5524F.jpeg
I agree, from the pics you posted, it does look that way.
Reading the ST FAQs in the pack sent out, it says " The integral safety bar is 900mm high - approximately the shoulder height of the supporter sitting in front. This will not impact on sightlines for adults...".
Regardless, it's going to be a good few years away in any case.
Fair enough, that will be ok then. Although for short arses like me it’ll be interesting! Better get the Cubans out every game...

Back