• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Quite interesting i was working with a lad the other day who used to be a groundsman at Spurs. One of these people who has no interest in football whatsoever so gave quite a down to earth opinion. Was saying that Daniel Levy also employs the groundsman to do his own properties.

Apparently he's very rarely home, but they'd be working on his property over a weekend for example when he's away and occasionally a security guard would come up and say something like "Mr Levy would like to know why that barrow is still there" or "why hasn't this van been moved yet". So he'd be watching them via his cameras from wherever he was and relaying messages to his security team. Also very close friends with Alan Sugar, i didn't know that. Apparently he's a very nice person but his Mrs is a bit of a bitch.
Sugar or Levy?

Had the chance to go to Lilywhite House before the game yesterday and look at the Premium Seat options....with no actual press launch on them they are going ridiculously quickly including the top price tickets and boxes.

The virtual reality stuff was quite cool and starting to see it all coming into shape...the cheapest seats remaining are £2,750 + VAT.

Although weren't able to give out much information on normal ST pricing and options they did imply that current ST holders will be offered similar area type tickets to keep fans together....I'd actually like to move from where I currently am...it's the seat I've had since my early 20s so circumstances have slightly changed from back then!

Looking at pictures on SSC, Nike Hart Lane is going to be SOOOO huge for the site. Lilywhite House will become a small bungalow in the constant shadow of the behemoth. I hope they didn't bother buying curtains or blinds, as the sun will never shine on it. As for those houses in the North East corner, they won't see the sun again. They're just a pimple on the buttock of Neil Armstrong on the dark side of NWHL.

Looking at pictures on SSC, Nike Hart Lane is going to be SOOOO huge for the site. Lilywhite House will become a small bungalow in the constant shadow of the behemoth. I hope they didn't bother buying curtains or blinds, as the sun will never shine on it. As for those houses in the North East corner, they won't see the sun again. They're just a pimple on the buttock of Neil Armstrong on the dark side of NWHL.
I had a quick peek over there this evening and the images showing the current stage of construction versus the final stadium renders just highlights how fudging tall the new WHL will be.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=549397&page=1347

And as you mention, the ITK are saying a deal with Nike looks on the cards. But as with all ITK I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

One last thing. Kudos to West Ham for not letting us have Strafford.

I had a quick peek over there this evening and the images showing the current stage of construction versus the final stadium renders just highlights how fudging tall the new WHL will be.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=549397&page=1347

And as you mention, the ITK are saying a deal with Nike looks on the cards. But as with all ITK I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

One last thing. Kudos to West Ham for not letting us have Strafford.
Yep, bullet dodged.

They did us a massive favour - although maybe the faux bid really was part of a cunning plan by Levy to bend Haringey Council to his will.

http://colorminium.com/projects/tottenham-hotspur-football-stadium/

The Brief
Employed by the football club and working alongside Mace under a Construction Management contract, Colorminium have been engaged on the scheme to deliver all the pitch side glazing to the hospitality and executive suites. Working with the architects and their outline design, a long pre-construction process has seen us match the architectural aspiration to a challenging budget. With high stakeholder engagement due to the prominence of the glazing, the dramatic 61,000 capacity stadium design will be complemented by this stunning glazing to a number of viewing positions.

Sounds like Levy! :D

C0IMsP7WQAAYHl-.jpg

C0IMrqbW8AI3dlb.jpg

C0IMrs0XEAEfTXu.jpg

C0IMrsBXUAAUtn2.jpg

Just to think........

That chinese club are gonna pay Tevez more a week than what we probably pay the 500 workers building us a f*cking brand new stadium a week.

Crazy world.

http://colorminium.com/projects/tottenham-hotspur-football-stadium/

The Brief
Employed by the football club and working alongside Mace under a Construction Management contract, Colorminium have been engaged on the scheme to deliver all the pitch side glazing to the hospitality and executive suites. Working with the architects and their outline design, a long pre-construction process has seen us match the architectural aspiration to a challenging budget. With high stakeholder engagement due to the prominence of the glazing, the dramatic 61,000 capacity stadium design will be complemented by this stunning glazing to a number of viewing positions.

Sounds like Levy! :D

Sounds like Levy in deed. Very good thing too. Not uncommon for large scale building projects to go over budget. A worst case scenario would be something like what Valencia have experienced...

Loving all the pictures guys. Keep it up. This one in particular was a beauty I thought. Looks almost like a new stadium eating the old one.

I can't express enough how fantastic I think it is that we're building this on the same site as White Hart Lane. I'm not a local lad, so it shouldn't maybe mean anything to me, but it does anyway. I get goose bumps thinking about it. How fudging awesome isn't it that we're staying put instead of going somewhere further away? Love it. Love it.

And love those latest photos. Quite amazing how far we've gotten in such a short time!

Sounds like Levy in deed. Very good thing too. Not uncommon for large scale building projects to go over budget. A worst case scenario would be something like what Valencia have experienced...

Loving all the pictures guys. Keep it up. This one in particular was a beauty I thought. Looks almost like a new stadium eating the old one.

Stade Pacman !

I can't express enough how fantastic I think it is that we're building this on the same site as White Hart Lane. I'm not a local lad, so it shouldn't maybe mean anything to me, but it does anyway. I get goose bumps thinking about it. How fudging awesome isn't it that we're staying put instead of going somewhere further away? Love it. Love it.

And love those latest photos. Quite amazing how far we've gotten in such a short time!
Yes Im loving how quick its going up and that is basically the same site. I mean one end of the pitch will be in the same spot as the current paxton end, just the other way around. So in some sense its the same stadium. In my life time all 4 stands have changed and the pitch gets re-laid every summer. So its the location. Will be nice if the first goal when it opens is at that end. Kind of a spiritual continuation of the site.

Looks like one season is ample time to complete the rest of the stadium. Would you think that the new stadium would be 70% ready before demolition of the current stadium starts? Also what else is there to build outside of the stadium then?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Looks like one season is ample time to complete the rest of the stadium. Would you think that the new stadium would be 70% ready before demolition of the current stadium starts? Also what else is there to build outside of the stadium then?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I was thinking that we'll be pushed for time to finish with only a season away - the structure might be going up fast but the fit-out is the real work and that's yet to begin.

No way we'll be anywhere near 70% done by the time we knock WHL down imo

Last edited:
Yes Im loving how quick its going up and that is basically the same site. I mean one end of the pitch will be in the same spot as the current paxton end, just the other way around. So in some sense its the same stadium. In my life time all 4 stands have changed and the pitch gets re-laid every summer. So its the location. Will be nice if the first goal when it opens is at that end. Kind of a spiritual continuation of the site.

It's like Trigger's broom

I was thinking that we'll be pushed for time to finish with only a season away - the structure might be going up fast but the fit-out is the real work and that's yet to begin.

No way we'll be anywhere near 70% done by the time we knock WHL down imo
This has been discussed a LOT on SSC. The consensus is that we'll be fine. There are huge penalties for missing deadlines, so it should all happen one way or another. The South Stand and most of the remaining work is steel rather than concrete so it will go up fast. In the summer we just need to knock down the Paxton and crack on with the South Stand... Cores 1-6 will be ready... perhaps some bits and bobs here and there won't be ready but the ground should be playable.

Back