• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

This stadium thing is starting to blow my mind away to be honest. 7 years ago I thought it would for sure be completed by 2016, in the space of about 2 years ago the progress we were making was actually quite good. Now I don't even know what's going on to cause all this delay, it always seems to be something. Are the club actually trying to deal with this on a daily basis or do they just wait for the shareholder meetings which occur once in a blue moon to debate all this?!

Yesterday RMB2007 on Skys****ercity.com posted another e-mail from KSS Design chairman David Keirle about the story in the Standard.

Not sure I ever fully believe what I read in the press, although I was please to read the fans comments. We worked hard to ensure that we captured the fans requirements within a completely tailored design, rather than the more corporate designs of some of our competitors. Spurs statement reflects my understanding of the current position but I don't know for certain. We completed the last design stage at the end of last year. The Club are trying to resolve the CPO issues and cannot proceed further until they complete the purchase of the whole site. I am sure that we will all be a little wiser of the Club's plans then.

A couple of months ago DK told RMB2007 in another that it was Populous that THFC had gone to to investigate any alternatives.

So it seems that regardless as to re-design or no re-design the main hold up atm is the compulsory purchase orders in the remainder of the surrounding land, as well as financing.

In the past I would've gone ape sh#t when hearing about a delay due to a redesign but I fully support the idea of looking at other ideas, just feeling the current design is lacking in oomph plus the reduction in corporate seats and executive boxes, as well as general capacity, could be a mistake in the long run, did rough estimates once and if we charged the same prices as the goons then we would be earning approximately £10m less than them per year.

This stadium thing is starting to blow my mind away to be honest. 7 years ago I thought it would for sure be completed by 2016, in the space of about 2 years ago the progress we were making was actually quite good. Now I don't even know what's going on to cause all this delay, it always seems to be something. Are the club actually trying to deal with this on a daily basis or do they just wait for the shareholder meetings which occur once in a blue moon to debate all this?!

I suspect lack of Champions League qualification in the last 2 years has played a large part in the delay. That will be particularly key when trying to secure funding, negotiating stadium naming rights etc. Although the club would probably never openly admit to that.

Personally I think they'll continue drag their heels on this one for the forseeable future. If we see two consecutive seasons in the CL then there might be some movement.

What happens if you make a series of CPO's and then decide not to proceed with the project?

It would seem to me that the system would be open to all kinds of unethical practices if, say, developers were allowed to go around requesting frivolous or merely speculative CPO's on the off-chance they might use the land. There must be some kind of deterrent to that.

Perhaps CPO's are only granted when the evidence that the project will proceed is very strong.

I suspect lack of Champions League qualification in the last 2 years has played a large part in the delay. That will be particularly key when trying to secure funding, negotiating stadium naming rights etc. Although the club would probably never openly admit to that.

Personally I think they'll continue drag their heels on this one for the forseeable future. If we see two consecutive seasons in the CL then there might be some movement.

Yep. IMO Levy still has a bee in his bonnet about WHU and the OS as well.

it would not have been wise to try to build a stadium and get funding on the condition of CL qualification.
i think there's more to this. afterall our our net transfer spend has still been positive through the years.

I'm fairly confident that work on the stadium itself will begin by next summer at the latest and that we will be in the new stadium by the summer of 2016 - even if it isn't finished until the following summer.

In what sense?

He wanted what was best for the club...... A nice big stadium cheep with excellent transport links surrounded by a lovely brand new park and housing development.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk HD

Report: Levy begins construction of new stadium in Tottenham

Levy+Wheelbarrow.gif

He wanted what was best for the club...... A nice big stadium cheep with excellent transport links surrounded by a lovely brand new park and housing development.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk HD

I'm sure he did, but I'm also pretty sure he's not even close to stupid enough to allow that to affect how the NDP progresses.

it would not have been wise to try to build a stadium and get funding on the condition of CL qualification.
i think there's more to this. afterall our our net transfer spend has still been positive through the years.

Our trading suplus or deficit will have only a marginal impact on the stadium build, though I do think the land grab has partially eaten into the transfer budget. I do think Naughton16 is correct in that the lack of a naming rights sponsor so far has been impacted by us missing out on the CL. I'm sure they could get some sponsor but the big fish are still to be caught.

I suspect work has been going on underground for a few years now.

On the 5th of May the ground will begin to tremble, shopkeepers and Chick King owners will run for cover as the ground cracks open and a magnificent golden stadium appears from below, rising up to street level, debris falling aside, revealing a glowing golden stadium facade. Light bounces off the surface as dirt falls away. But it won't stop there, it will continue to rise, screeching and groaning as the full majesty is born skyward, first revealing that the stadium is perched on a giant golden c0ckerel's head... then the neck appears, then the body, the legs, and finally an enormous golden football.

As the dust clears, the full 2000m height of London's largest structure is revealed, a giant golden c0ckerel with a stadium as a crown, and a cackling Daniel Levy sat in the eyes of the c0ckerel, pondering his next move within his giant robot c0ckerel. Perhaps a stride to the left, to squash the Ashburton Grove stadium.

Perhaps defecating a golden egg to purchase Lionel Messi in the summer.

On the 5th of May the ground will begin to tremble, shopkeepers and Chick King owners will run for cover as the ground cracks open and a magnificent golden stadium appears from below, rising up to street level, debris falling aside, revealing a glowing golden stadium facade. Light bounces off the surface as dirt falls away. But it won't stop there, it will continue to rise, screeching and groaning as the full majesty is born skyward, first revealing that the stadium is perched on a giant golden c0ckerel's head... then the neck appears, then the body, the legs, and finally an enormous golden football.

As the dust clears, the full 2000m height of London's largest structure is revealed, a giant golden c0ckerel with a stadium as a crown, and a cackling Daniel Levy sat in the eyes of the c0ckerel, pondering his next move within his giant robot c0ckerel. Perhaps a stride to the left, to squash the Ashburton Grove stadium.

Love it!

Great stuff! Well done!

Is this based on a true story like "Finding Nemo?"

“It’s 80,000 people at the end of the day and you’re not on the pitch because you have a track around it, so it’s not the best fan experience"

*coughs*

From Skys****ercity.com

THST Official ‏@THSTOfficial

THST has met with THFC Executives this evening. Stadium Update: The single tier 'kop' end stays in the new plans. There is a commitment to fan consultation moving forward from the Club.

https://twitter.com/THSTOfficial

and in answer to a question....

They [the KSS plans] are now 5 years old. Consultation [with fans] will cover far more areas than the interior design alone.

Also

THST Official ‏@THSTOfficial 3h

@messerp1 @Simongates251 There's no need for further planning permission.

Last edited:
Back