• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Interesting.

moving.gif

stand.gif

Something like this though. Having the grass pitch slide into the end stands is probably most feasible, you'd have to lower it quite a bit to get another pitch on top suitable for NFL and preferably making it possible to take care of the grass while it's covered.

capturedcran20100603204.jpg

What's interesting about that clip is that it doesn't show either of the primary tenants of the arena in action. The NBA's Dallas Mavericks and the NHL's Dallas Stars each play a minimum of 46 games per season (pre-season, regular season, playoffs) in that barn.

But a useful clip to show how modern arenas and stadiums now face increasing demands to have a multi-use capability.

The Standard article referenced the Taping Room and said it was an American/NFL term - strapping up the knees and backs of players before games (similar to what we saw Bale sporting at times)

Thanks. T'was merely being facetiously cheeky with my initial remarks and didn't mean to set you off.

Hmm, there does note appear to be anything beneath the pitch. My idea is a go then.

Your idea?.... Pah!... I refer you to my post on page 180 of this thread.... ;)

Yes an NFL pitch is quite significantly narrower.... Take a look at some of the pictures from the Wembley games and you can see this. Also when the Seattle sounders play the fans are close to the pitch, but when the Seahawks play there is a lot of room between the stands and the pitch.
A possible solution would be for an astroturf pitch to be assembled over the top of the WHL turf, however due to all of the players and officials on the sidelines in NFL it would result in the first 4 or 5 rows of seats in the stand on that side pretty useless views when in NFL mode. A feasible solution would be to dig down several metres and have the WHL pitch on hydraulics, it could then be used at it's raised height for football matches and sink down with an astro pitch laid above for NFL, concerts, etc, etc. In NFL mode the astro pitch could operate at a level 2 or 3 metres below the normal level of the football playing surface, thus giving the spectators the right viewing experience even if in the first few rows. The question would be whether the astro pitch could be assembled/disassembled in only 1 day. There is also the question of how the weight of the astro pitch could be supported, but I would imagine it's not beyond the realms of possibility that huge steel supports could be housed under the North and South stands that can slide out to support the weight of the astro pitch.
Far more likely however is that the NFL just continue to use Wembley as it has been pretty successful there.

That's amazing. Great find. Essentially 3 sides of the stadium stay put, there is a hard floor and then anything goes, including tonnes of dirt for a rodeo.

Haringey is actually quite reminiscent of Pamplona now that I think about it... We could run the bulls down the high road and into the away end.

That's amazing. Great find. Essentially 3 sides of the stadium stay put, there is a hard floor and then anything goes, including tonnes of dirt for a rodeo.

Haringey is actually quite reminiscent of Pamplona now that I think about it... We could run the bulls down the high road and into the away end.

Or the goats on Yom Kippur ? Turkeys for Thanksgiving ? Haggis for Burns' Night ?

in my day they all ended up in Latinas

Your idea?.... Pah!... I refer you to my post on page 180 of this thread.... ;)

Just above that... on 180 is my post.. ;)

My thought was to sink the football pitch about 8 or 9ft with concert/nfl pitch coming in from under the west and east stands. Also between the levels air conditioning pumped through and those lights (fake sunlight ones) fitted under the concert/nfl level to help keep the football pitch sweet akin to an underground mega cannabis farm.

Then again... lets go back to page 30

Re: Northumberland Development Project

The NFL pitch doesn't need to be turf, I'd imagine they would look at a system where the football pitch was sunk and a frame system placed ontop whilst the NFL pitch was a carpet like the indoor arenas have in the US, this then rolled out.

:p

It makes more sense for the NFL pitch to be under the football pitch. They have an issue with line of sight. Well if the NFL pitch is 6ft lower and made of Astro turf etc then it solves both problems. The seat edges would be higher. Its just then that we need a system to get light to the grass on top so it does not become a terrible grass playing surface.

its pretty certain the interior layout / bowl shape will be the same as many others but with our variation on the main end to have an atmosphere. I just hope they do something unsual with the roof so its not a mini Emirates. It does not have to be in that shape as the interior area basically supports itself. So the roof is almost a seperate aliment.

It makes more sense for the NFL pitch to be under the football pitch. They have an issue with line of sight. Well if the NFL pitch is 6ft lower and made of Astro turf etc then it solves both problems. The seat edges would be higher. Its just then that we need a system to get light to the grass on top so it does not become a terrible grass playing surface.

its pretty certain the interior layout / bowl shape will be the same as many others but with our variation on the main end to have an atmosphere. I just hope they do something unsual with the roof so its not a mini Emirates. It does not have to be in that shape as the interior area basically supports itself. So the roof is almost a seperate aliment.

Isn't it more of a problem having plastic under grass though, rather than on top of grass? Plastic can just fold out from under the stands when needed, whereas grass isn't so flexible/can't have joins if it needs to be the moveable one.

I would just love us to have 4 proper classic stands, like the Populus Anderlecht design, rather than the dated 00s wavy bowl, like the KSS 'Blue Emirates'

Agreed GB I love the current box style of the Lane, something along those lines would be much better, but I'd be surprised if the designs aren't already 90% finalized by now!

On a separate note, chick king just popped up on my FB page, they're not getting shut down are they?!?

I think the bowl is very modern and looks smart, would hate an old looking box style again.

Can't agree, all these new bowls look exactly the same, it's like identikit building. I much prefer something with a bit of character, take a look at that anderlecht stadium that keeps getting posted, it's way better than any bowl and looks very modern.

It will be bowl-like, one continuous stand all the way around. Best we can hope for is straight lines along the sides of the pitch without the stupid dip at the of the corners (I'm looking at you Arsenal).

hi-res-Preview_crop_north.jpg

Even if there was room for rectangular stands, it would end up like this:

pa-6005531.jpg

The advantage of external bowl is allowing more light onto the concourse(s) around the ground.

Disappointed we're still waiting - I wonder whether possible non-EL is a factor (different plans, sponsorship issue?)

Back