• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Jimmy, would you be interested in writing a stadium story for the front page?

Sure.

What sort of thing / angle do you want?

You'll probably have to be a bit patient because I won't want to make a rushed, half-arsed job of it and I'm pretty busy at the moment - which means you might have to wait a few days.

Sure.

What sort of thing / angle do you want?

You'll probably have to be a bit patient because I won't want to make a rushed, half-arsed job of it and I'm pretty busy at the moment - which means you might have to wait a few days.

Great, thank you.

My first though was a summary of what we know and the history to date but whatever you want/feel inspired to write.

More than happy to wait as long as you want. We could always break it up into bite sized chunks and publish it as and when, if you preferred.

Great photo, jaysea, but is it okay to post it here?

By a professional photographer and copyright of Getty Images.

Possibly not :oops: - although the watermark does credit the photographer & Getty Images. The picture is on Getty Images' website (link here) with an invitation to share via Facebook, etc or embed it on a website. T&Cs for embedding say for use on "a website, social media site or blog for free and without having to buy a licence, as long as the photo is not used for commercial purposes".

Mods - please remove if it breaches the rules.

Last edited:
Levy's is 100% it will go through......if one man and his dog can stop this then their wouldn't have been any tescos,sainsburys,asda's built in the last twenty years,they suck up an area where this is providing so much more,can't believe its got this far,the amount of money people have wasted on this appeal,they could have build a factory ten times the size with machinery that could have made a spaceship!!!!

Possibly not :oops: - although the watermark does credit the photographer & Getty Images. The picture is on Getty Images' website (link here) with an invitation to share via Facebook, etc or embed it on a website. T&Cs for embedding say for use on "a website, social media site or blog for free and without having to buy a licence, as long as the photo is not used for commercial purposes".

Mods - please remove if it breaches the rules.
That's absolutely fine. Getty have clearly softened because they used to be arseholes but clearly you just need to credit now.

Great, thank you.

My first though was a summary of what we know and the history to date but whatever you want/feel inspired to write.

More than happy to wait as long as you want. We could always break it up into bite sized chunks and publish it as and when, if you preferred.

Okay.

I'll get on to it.

That's absolutely fine. Getty have clearly softened because they used to be arseholes but clearly you just need to credit now.

Gently, Bentley.

Some of us on here make a living with cameras and didn't have the slightest problem with an agency defending our work against those who misappropriate images. I don't stand for it. Not when a pro-level Nikon or Canon camera body costs over four grand. Getty weren't being 'arseholes'. They were protecting the rights of talented artists who work very hard using incredibly expensive gear. Now, they've caved in and that usage would probably earn the shooter about a quid. Doesn't seem like much until you get a quarterly commissions report than runs on for five or six or ten pages listing similar usages.

At first glance, that's hardly an image that would draw huge commissions for Clive Rose - unless the courts rule against Spurs. Then it's gloomy enough that it might quickly become a nice little earner. I met Clive at the '86 World Cup in Mexico when he ran a cleverly named agency called Split Second. Hard working man with a long career.

There's always an artist behind behind every worthwhile picture. They deserve better than to be robbed.

I wonder if the NFL is ready for a London franchise:

2hmhg5c.jpg

LOL. seems they think london is where Barcelona is ;)

also what is the point of taking two flights to London and one back. I dont understand why its 8.5 hours here via two planes and 10 hours back via 1 plane. I know there is airflow to consider but still.

Anyone heard the rumours that both Spurs and Chelsea are looking at Wembley, but just the lower tier which would be around 45,000?

Everyone who reads this thread, and everyone who reads the Standard.

Apart from that, we've managed to keep it under wraps. Remember .... careless talk costs wives.

LOL. seems they think london is where Barcelona is ;)

also what is the point of taking two flights to London and one back. I dont understand why its 8.5 hours here via two planes and 10 hours back via 1 plane. I know there is airflow to consider but still.

They also have London in the suburbs of Villarrobledo.

Back