• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway On Fire

[video=youtube;JBekXg5LxSg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBekXg5LxSg[/video]

Stolen from the Fighting****

768827216db80d6e20f0f69c91aeafe240f9bfacb4512aa9a17c2cc2e062a4fc4738d9b7.jpg

34519357caaac5ac9fe85fadbe1069966764980814213eb60832af719057e9649b623598.jpg

Other than the fact that no one appears to have been hurt, this is not good.

Seriously hoping that no fan was involved in this. So stupid, if it was, because we were less than two months away from likely winning the case at last.

But we also have to consider the possibility that if it was deliberate, Archway possibly have the most to gain. Because I can't believe that this is going to help Spurs' cause at all. So could Archway themselves have been the perpetrators?

[video=youtube;Adgx9wt63NY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adgx9wt63NY[/video]

Or best case scenario - Archway get found as having done it themselves as a fit up, knowing the court case in Jan would ruin them.

My first reaction was this, and use some silly comments from teenagers on twitter as justification that it was a fan

My first reaction was this, and use some silly comments from teenagers on twitter as justification that it was a fan

Can't help but think that the Josifs have paid someone to torch the place in order to get the insurance money or even thinking it might help their case. Doesn't look like they care much for the future of their business anyway, just the money they thought they'd get.

Can't help but think that the Josifs have paid someone to torch the place in order to get the insurance money or even thinking it might help their case. Doesn't look like they care much for the future of their business anyway, just the money they thought they'd get.

Sounds sensible to me, they had a lot to lose and nothing to gain. Unlike Spurs who are finally 2 months from getting the green light.

It does seem plausible that they would consider the social media "threats" to be the perfect alibi and torch it themselves for either 1) insurance or 2) to try to delay things further.

Also, I just can't imagine a fan would do this - modern fans are a world away from this sort of thing.

Must be CCTV though?

I suppose evidence and experts should be called in and a decision reached soon?

Surely even if it was a fan it would mean nothing unless Thfc the club is implicated.

Oh ****. This really isn't what we need right now, the high court hearingwill almost certainly be delayed now, massive spanner in the works.

You literally couldn't make up some of the stuff that has happened with regards to this project.

Don't see why the high court hearing would be delayed. This would be a separate police / insurance investigation and shouldn't change the facts of the hearing.

On the plus side, whoever caused it at least no one was hurt.

The insurance payout (for loss of business, as well as loss of property), will likely be more than the CPO rate.

Fires on land being primed for development are not uncommon. IIRC a recent employee of ours was the victim of such an accident a few years ago (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-14473058; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-14566263). I guess it's due to the lack of a nearby population to watch over them.

Other thought:

- There's got to be a ton of CCTV that close to a football stadium, so if it was someone (cf equipment) there should be images of the culprit soon enough

- The fire was on the first floor. If it were arson it would surely more likely be on the ground floor (unless it was a very crude Molotov through a window)?

The insurance payout (for loss of business, as well as loss of property), will likely be more than the CPO rate.

Fires on land being primed for development are not uncommon. IIRC a recent employee of ours was the victim of such an accident a few years ago (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-14473058; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-14566263). I guess it's due to the lack of a nearby population to watch over them.

Other thought:

- There's got to be a ton of CCTV that close to a football stadium, so if it was someone (cf equipment) there should be images of the culprit soon enough

- The fire was on the first floor. If it were arson it would surely more likely be on the ground floor (unless it was a very crude Molotov through a window)?

Very good points.

*1 for Archway behind it - will delay things even further

*1 for Archway behind it - will delay things even further

If they want to keep running the business (cf retire), they will need to move to new premises asap. They aren't going to rebuild/repair on Paxton Road now, whatever happens.

The issue now will be that there'll be a 4th party involved looking for a piece of the pie - Archway's insurance company.

Most headlines on Newsnow inevitably mention the 'fire' and 'blocking Spurs developement' in the same sentence so this will have a negative impact on Spurs, however little, until the cause is established. I think it will be telling how quickly, if at all, Archway now 'begrudgingly' accept Spur's original settlement. In fact I think they would be in a better financial situation doing so as they would now have their loss of trade covered during the move to new premises. Just saying.

I don't see how it blocks the Spurs development.

It could provide a easy way for Archway to back down from a risky position. "The fire forced us to accept Spurs offer for the sake of the family business. Bah, blah. blah." If the damage limits their production, they will have some downtime and it would be poor business to repair the damage with the court decision so close. An insurance payoff could even bolster their finances as they wouldn't need to make the repairs. [edit: I see mouville just made essentially the same point]

Does anyone know if the 500 White Hart Lane building was built. I know Spurs got planning permission in 2010, but did anything happen? Is there somewhere for Archway to move into?

shall we all do the decent neighbourly thing and go down there and **** on it, merely to make sure it doesn't flair up again of course?

I cant see how this would delay their appeal against teh CPO - the CPO relates to the land surely rather than the structure on it (we not trying to buy the building). If anything it weakens the chance of an appeal being successful as it rules out them saying 'we have an ongoing viable business on the land which will be ruined if we have to relocate'.

Unless it is a purely accidental fire, which seems far to much of a coincidence, it does smack of an insurance job with the company aiming to get paid once via the CPO and secondly via insurance payout. Given teh CPO hearing is in Jan (I believe from the above posts) it would take an incredibly stupid 'fan' (in the broadest definition of the word) to commit arson on the building

Back