• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

so...there is a new plan for the stadium?

does anyone have a clue what it will look like....

Maybe not a 'thing' which has a beginning or end.

But existence/being itself lies outside of time (as there is never a time when there is no existence..; even time itself is ascribed the property of 'existence'.. thus time is dependent on existence, hence lying within it). (**no existence does not equal nothing existing.** even without time, there is nothing.. and that nothing exists for the simple fact that it can be recognized as a 'state of being/existing'). Existence/being is a necessary constant for there is always something that exists: and that something could be nothing or everything (that is to say the property of 'existing' is common to all 'things'.. this includes the concept of 'nothing' also as a conceptual entity that can be stated to exist.. i.e. the phrase 'nothing exists' means no-thing exists.. yet nothing itself still exists from that perspective'.)

ave we built this bloody stadium yet!
or any conception wat it will look like ..if it exist,s....LOL...8-[

My favourite thing about the Anderlecht stadium is that they are beating Real Madrid 2-0.

Listed building stuff is worth quite a bitif in good nick. Grand a sash I reckon

the pillars at the front easy monkey, even the guttering worth a bit.. should it all e original features

Also people on Twitter getting a hard-on about the Populous designs just released for the new Anderlecht stadium (62k)

Aw snap, I didn't properly read your text and assumed those were our new designs and got all excited for a second :(

Interesting comment here about the Archway appeal:

Implementation

The Council is aware that at the time of the contract, the applicant was not in full possession of the land. There is a well known requirement to purchase land occupied by Archway Sheet Metal Works Limited who occupy land towards the centre of the development......the Council and the Club have confirmed to the Court that they will be resisting the challenge and both the Council and the Club have advice from their respective Leading Counsel as to the prospects of doing so successfully. Mitigation of liabilities within a contract of this size for an eventuality hereby possession of the land could not be secured is for these reasons deemed to be reasonable in this case

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=644092

Basically saying we're carrying on with the build because our legal advice is that Archway's case is very weak.

Interesting... Any reason why?

Agreed with indianspur that the two designs are different internally too. But, as I said, it's especially with regard to the exterior that the two designs differ. Up to a point, few large, modern stadia that are holistic designs (as opposed to comprising of stands that have been redeveloped piecemeal over a number of years) will stray far from a basic stadium template. After all, they all serve the same function and must therefore meet the same requirements.

However, there has clearly been more effort and thought put into the design detail and originality of Populous' Anderlecht proposal than that of KSS's Spurs proposal. The latter is a common, wavy, multi tiered bowl, so generic of the noughties, but with a wedge cut out as an afterthought in order to deliver a single tier end. It's both lazy and clumsy (but still better than the uniform bowl that preceded it!). The Anderlecht proposal, by contrast, doesn't quite have a single tier end. It has something close to it, though. And it's perfectly apparent from the way that that end harmoniously relates to the two sides that it was no mere afterthought.

Totally agree with this. The KSS design already looks 15 years out of date.

I hope that's why we employed Populous - to design us something like this Anderlecht one. In fact I'd even take the Anderlecht one as an off-the-shelf for us.

Interesting... Any reason why?

Just a confidence that the process was done properly and that Archway are just frivolously trying to Jarndyce and Jarndyce the case, which won't be viewed favourably?

Totally agree with this. The KSS design already looks 15 years out of date.

I hope that's why we employed Populous - to design us something like this Anderlecht one. In fact I'd even take the Anderlecht one as an off-the-shelf for us.

Just a confidence that the process was done properly and that Archway are just frivolously trying to Jarndyce and Jarndyce the case, which won't be viewed favourably?

Blimey a well read man!!!

Surly archway can't afford a jarndyce v jarndyce, situation.

Ok so I can't spell, no need for **** take. I am dyslexic, and rely on spell checker.

I thinks it's bad manners to highlight spelling or grammar errors in public, but then this is the internet where bad manners are De ri-gueur

I don't think that it means this. You would expect us/Haringey to get an opinion that supports our position. It is equally likely that Archway have one that supports theirs.

I think that some people take themsleves far too seriously, but I've learned a lesson. Rest assured, it won't happen again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Archway's lawyers are fairly bullish about Archway's chances.

Time seems to be on Archway's side in this matter. It seems the building works aren't preventing them getting on with their business, and when you consider the kind of payment they are probably looking for, then the legal costs probably seem a good bet for them. I don't believe they're being 'sponsored' by outsiders, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Surely the only way that surly Archway can afford a Jarndyce v Jarndyce situation is if they have a sponsor.

Not really. They have got a couple of million coming their way from us under the CPO even if they lose.

Not really. They have got a couple of million coming their way from us under the CPO even if they lose.

.....minus legal fees - theirs and Haringey's.

Back