• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

http://www.football365.com/tottenham-hotspur/9498772/Premier-League-Tottenham-press-ahead-with-stadium-plans

Spurs press ahead with stadium

Tottenham are pressing ahead with their new stadium plans, employing engineering firm M Anderson Construction to oversee its foundation and structural build in a deal worth £50million.

M Anderson, based in Chelmsford, Essex, engineered the build of Spurs’ state-of-the-art training facility at Hotspur Way in Enfield, opened in 2012.

The company will be responsible for the as-yet-unnamed stadium’s foundations at Northumberland Park, adjacent to White Hart Lane, as well as building its super structure, including upper floors and stairways.

A letter sent from Savills to Haringey Council, seen by Sky Sports News HQ, confirmed: “THFC have today entered into a Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) Design and Build Contract for the civil engineering ground works, concrete foundations and structure for the new THFC Stadium Project.

“The contract has been made with M Anderson Construction Ltd and the sum for the works is £49.773.727.”

Haringey Council have approved the contract made between the two parties and have also granted permission to demolish Fletcher House – a listed building on the site – having been satisfied with the club’s intentions to see the work through despite a recent set-back.

Spurs must overcome a High Court challenge from Archway Street Metal Works Ltd, the last remaining landowner on the site, before they can commence building works, and were last month forced to search for a temporary home for the 2017-18 season whilst the stadium is completed.

Sky sources understand that Wembley and MK Don’s Stadium:MK are both in consideration as well as Upton Park, which will by then have seen current occupants West Ham move to the Olympic Stadium in Stratford.

£50m to concrete over 4 acres?! I'm definitely in the wrong industry.

If contracts have been signed, that's pretty good news isn't it?

Would be pretty funny if we just developed the entire site around Archway. Leave them as an island on the halfway line with the entire stadium constructed around them - Batteries Not Included style.

Would be pretty funny if we just developed the entire site around Archway. Leave them as an island on the halfway line with the entire stadium constructed around them - Batteries Not Included style.

If only it were a case of just concreting it over!.... Can you imagine how deep the foundations and pilings have to go to sustain a structure of the size and weigth of the stadium?

Also from the above it looks as though the £50 million is for the groundworks, foundations and the structure - i.e. a considerable part of the stadium work.

Very specific figure £49.773.727. :)

They could have rounded it up or down but I guess Mr. Levy likes to be specific.

Good news though. Sounds like all the concrete work is included in that number, structure of the stands too.

Very specific figure £49.773.727. :)

They could have rounded it up or down but I guess Mr. Levy likes to be specific.

Good news though. Sounds like all the concrete work is included in that number, structure of the stands too.

They have standard estimates they use when calculating prices. It will most likely end up costing more and not just because of inflation.

This is that Fletcher House btw, which was demolished a few days ago.

10708649_10153347170041416_3890438702169378268_o.jpg

Also people on Twitter getting a hard-on about the Populous designs just released for the new Anderlecht stadium (62k)

eippmt.jpg

sxjbeg.jpg

2142sly.jpg

They have standard estimates they use when calculating prices. It will most likely end up costing more and not just because of inflation.

Yeah I know how they do it. I used to price construction jobs myself in a former life. Smaller than this project of course but the same sort of thing. It goes without saying that it will cost more but probably not a signifcant amount if the tender has penalty clauses built in for over runs.

Also people on Twitter getting a hard-on about the Populous designs just released for the new Anderlecht stadium (62k)

Those designs don't really look too dissimilar to ours to my untrained eye....

This stadium also solves the problem in the top corners pretty well by filling them with screens, enablign the stadium to retain the same roofline....

Does anyone know how the footprint of that stadium relates to ours?.... Is Anderlecht's stadium at detailed planning stage or are they just basic blue sky designs at the moment?

Interesting comment here about the Archway appeal:

Implementation

The Council is aware that at the time of the contract, the applicant was not in full possession of the land. There is a well known requirement to purchase land occupied by Archway Sheet Metal Works Limited who occupy land towards the centre of the development......the Council and the Club have confirmed to the Court that they will be resisting the challenge and both the Council and the Club have advice from their respective Leading Counsel as to the prospects of doing so successfully. Mitigation of liabilities within a contract of this size for an eventuality hereby possession of the land could not be secured is for these reasons deemed to be reasonable in this case

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=644092

Basically saying we're carrying on with the build because our legal advice is that Archway's case is very weak.

Yep, first saw that Anderlecht / Belgium national stadium design a few weeks ago on SSC.

Excellent inside and out.

If only....

Those designs don't really look too dissimilar to ours to my untrained eye....

This stadium also solves the problem in the top corners pretty well by filling them with screens, enablign the stadium to retain the same roofline....

Does anyone know how the footprint of that stadium relates to ours?.... Is Anderlecht's stadium at detailed planning stage or are they just basic blue sky designs at the moment?

It's not even the chosen design yet. It's still at the competition stage.

There are two other options also in the running.

Oh, and I can't agree that the design is similar to ours. Externally, especially, it's very different and far superior to KSS's design for our stadium!

Last edited:

Oh, and I can't agree that the design is similar to ours. Externally, especially, it's very different and far superior to KSS's design for our stadium!

I was referring to the inside of the stadium as opposed to the outside.... although I'm not really too bothered what the outside looks like to be honest - especially as just about anything will look better from the outside than WHL does.

i think internally they are both different too

Or constructed above them with a multi-storey car park on the ground level around them

Sky Sports News HQ took their time. :-"

On 30th September:
.... THFC have entered into a contract for the civil engineering ground works, concrete piled foundations and structure for the new THFC Stadium Project with M Anderson Construction Ltd. The contract sum for the works is £49,773,727....
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/3795-Northumberland-Development-Project-Archway-Have-Appealed?p=611659&viewfull=1#post611659

I was referring to the inside of the stadium as opposed to the outside.... although I'm not really too bothered what the outside looks like to be honest - especially as just about anything will look better from the outside than WHL does.

Agreed with indianspur that the two designs are different internally too. But, as I said, it's especially with regard to the exterior that the two designs differ. Up to a point, few large, modern stadia that are holistic designs (as opposed to comprising of stands that have been redeveloped piecemeal over a number of years) will stray far from a basic stadium template. After all, they all serve the same function and must therefore meet the same requirements.

However, there has clearly been more effort and thought put into the design detail and originality of Populous' Anderlecht proposal than that of KSS's Spurs proposal. The latter is a common, wavy, multi tiered bowl, so generic of the noughties, but with a wedge cut out as an afterthought in order to deliver a single tier end. It's both lazy and clumsy (but still better than the uniform bowl that preceded it!). The Anderlecht proposal, by contrast, doesn't quite have a single tier end. It has something close to it, though. And it's perfectly apparent from the way that that end harmoniously relates to the two sides that it was no mere afterthought.

This is that Fletcher House btw, which was demolished a few days ago.

10708649_10153347170041416_3890438702169378268_o.jpg

I would have loved to have got my hands on those sash windows, hope they let in reclamation people before knocking it down.

so...there is a new plan for the stadium?

does anyone have a clue what it will look like....

Back