• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

No one has ever used Tottenham Hale. The club have been trying for decades to get people to use it by putting up signs and pointing out that it’s the same distance as Seven Sisters.

I've always been meaning to try it, but just go to auto-pilot down the High Road. I also have a little nervousness about turning off the main road in that part of town after dark

Yeah, it's an odd one. I used to use it back in the 80s - overhead to Finsbury Park, Victoria Line to TH, then walk or bus to the ground, and vice versa. Strange that it has never really taken off. Maybe because its accessible via Northumberland Park - a lot of people get on at NP and get off next stop at TH. That might change now with bigger queues at NP.

Did anyone use Tottenham Hale after the match? I’m trying to work out a route home from the spam game. Looking at getting the Stansted Express to Stansted. I’m worried about queues getting into the station. Last flight is about 19.00 or so.
I didn't, but a mate used it because Northumberland Park was a joke!
I've used it before and it was empty - stopped in the Beehive half way for a pint.

No one has ever used Tottenham Hale. The club have been trying for decades to get people to use it by putting up signs and pointing out that it’s the same distance as Seven Sisters.

I've always been meaning to try it, but just go to auto-pilot down the High Road. I also have a little nervousness about turning off the main road in that part of town after dark

Been going nearly 20 years and I've only ever used Tottenham Hale, from the ground to the station it's about a 25 min walk, using the backstreets from opposite Worcester Ave. Cuts out all the High Road and if you go beyond the tube station a further 10 mins you're at a quiet boozer on Ferry Lane.

On Weds my mate didn't fancy the walk so we got a Bus from outside Bruce Grove, 123 that drops you outside the station or the aforementioned pub.

I didn't, but a mate used it because Northumberland Park was a joke!
I've used it before and it was empty - stopped in the Beehive half way for a pint.

It's probably the only route that I haven't tried. I've booked now, so am giving it a go. I do like the Beehive as well. I'm just a bit worried about standing in a queue and not getting into the station, although if it's going well trains are every 15 mins.

Stayed behind and had a couple of pints on wednesday, then Ubered down to Seven Sisters. Worked out great, but I was staying central.

Been going nearly 20 years and I've only ever used Tottenham Hale, from the ground to the station it's about a 25 min walk, using the backstreets from opposite Worcester Ave. Cuts out all the High Road and if you go beyond the tube station a further 10 mins you're at a quiet boozer on Ferry Lane.

On Weds my mate didn't fancy the walk so we got a Bus from outside Bruce Grove, 123 that drops you outside the station or the aforementioned pub.

My mate is a big lad who won't walk the length of himself. So it'll probably be a couple of pints in the ground, then a taxi to TH.

I've booked Heathrow for the Huddersfield game, fudge knows how I'm going to make it there for a 19.05 flight!

As all the stadium opening hullaballoo begins to settle, it was interesting to review some of the coverage. Here in Norfa Merica, ESPN continued their long-held policy of giving Spurs the very least amount of positive coverage possible. "It does look nice" might be the only positive thing they've offered on it. They did their very best to ignore or mildly mock the event. Won't even link you to it. All bullschitt served on sourdough.

In Canada, soon-to-be-struck-off broadcaster, Sportsnet, also gave the grand opening the merest acknowledgement. Mind you, the lead presenter is a frothing Liverpool man, with principal colleagues being a former West Ham goalkeeper and Danny Dichio. There's always a negative tone in their comments for Spurs and the stadium has constantly been portrayed as a gigantic financial liability for years to come, one that will inhibit new player purchases and inspire all the current key players and coaches to leave. They clearly haven't read - or don't want to acknowledge - the world record profits Spurs posted for last season.

I always enjoy reading football365's tangy Mediawatch column, a regular goring of the pompous and pathetic from the UK media. This one examines the coverage of the stadium opening:

https://www.football365.com/news/disneyland-hotspur-finally-move-into-their-theme-park-stadium

From Reddit. Photo was taken in Google's head office in London, it's theorised that we're sending these models out to prospective brands as a sales pitch.

Danny Rose would approve.

t3eg58tfyhq21.jpg

I always enjoy reading football365's tangy Mediawatch column, a regular goring of the pompous and pathetic from the UK media. This one examines the coverage of the stadium opening:

https://www.football365.com/news/disneyland-hotspur-finally-move-into-their-theme-park-stadium

I’d missed this amazing comment on the night from Shaun Goater:

‘It will take time for them to learn the whole routine of getting to the new ground, what’s the best way to drive there and things like that,’ Goater suggested.

:D

Last edited:
Back