• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

would love to know what modern stadiums harr has been to that are in the same realm as ours
I'm not going to get into a debate about stadiums but I was there last night and wasnt the only one saying things along these lines - We all love it and its a great stadium, wasnt meant to be a negative thing.....

Anyone else think half time should be longer than 15 minutes? It's absolutely ridiculous state of affairs that people leave their seats 5 minutes before half time, because they know that's the only way to get a beer and be out for the second half! And it's not even a pleasant pint, you need to drink it quicker than you'd otherwise want. Then you've got the corporate punters who return to their seats 10 minutes after the second half has kicked off.

Would also be interesting from a manager's point of view, what the ideal length of break would be in terms of conditioning and tactics? I'm sure we know more about this now than when 15 minutes was decided upon.

I'm not going to get into a debate about stadiums but I was there last night and wasnt the only one saying things along these lines - We all love it and its a great stadium, wasnt meant to be a negative thing.....

i'll just assume that means you haven't been to any comparable modern stadiums and just want to be a contrary for the sake of it :p

Does anyone have a link to a seat map that shows the seat numbers in each block? I can't seem to find one so i can see exactly where I will be sitting next week

First chance to comment (getting to bed at 04:00 ain't conducive to early posting). Overall feeling last night was a bit "Meh!" to be honest, which I know flies in the face of most other peoples experience. But that was last night and I think it will get a lot better as time goes on, much like Wembley improved as people found their feet (but without the fall back resulting from having to spend a second season there).

My thoughts for what they're worth:

• We're home!
  • We got the result!
  • Getting there and back - piece o' p!ss. Despite having to let 7 full tube-trains go before being able to get on one at Kings Cross and the mile & a half schlepp from Seven Sisters, far far quicker than getting to Wembley. Same going back, without the 7 full tube-trains. TOP TIP! Don't queue in the cycle-lane, as directed, at Seven Sisters. Walk down the side and cross the road as the lights change and walk into the station ;) though I'm sure they'll put a stop to this soon :rolleyes::(.
  • Getting in and out - piece o' p!ss. Despite concerns about the airport style arches (may change when everybody reverts to turning up 15 mins before kick-off)
  • Queues for beer/food - Not that bad overall. Teething problems with equipment/beer supplies should work themselves out overtime. And show me somewhere you don't have to queue for a beer and I'll show you somewhere you really don't want to be.
  • Beer's cheap and a good range. (Mince and Onion pies are cheap for a reason though, avoid :()
  • Atmosphere - Not the best ever (although the lads round me were doing their best) but again this will improve once the novelty of the new ground wears off and we get back to the real purpose of turning up i.e. supporting the team.
  • Nice to see the amount of people returning to the bar after the game. Now I've got a better idea of timings, think I'll try this (better an hour at the ground than kicking my heels at Kings Cross).
So why "Meh!"?

• Stadium really is the best of the best and a game changer. The love and attention to detail Levy has put into it should not be understimated. BUT I wasn't completely blown away on first sight like I thought I would be :(. Not the stadium's fault, mine (and Chris Cowling/MrAV's). I've pored over every stage of this build, from live feeds of council planning meetings to Levy having a pint at the bar with the guy from Beavertown. I sort of know it too well already.
  • For all the talk of "Unrivalled views and sight-lines" my seat is sh!t :mad:. I've posted AuroRaman's pictures 'cos he appears to be sat just in front of me. Except I'm a couple of rows back and to the left as you look out. The crossbar and top of the net are right in my "sight-line" to the point where I can quite literally see only the right-hand half of the pitch. The lads to my left were complaining about it too (and they were generally positive, happy i.e. p!ssed up and singing their hearts out). Good job the screens are so big. On top of the that we've got a Giant C0ck dripping on our heads :rolleyes:
So will I go again? Hell yeh! Roll on Tuesday!:D
You should ask the club to remove the goal, so you get a better view.

Think I’ll be a bit croaky in the morning.
I was surprised to see some of the comments in here about lack of singing. I felt there was loads, and I was in the Paxton. It is amazing how the sound travels around the stadium.
Anyone expecting 90 mins of full on singing is being unrealistic. There’s still a game going on that people are watching and there will be an ebb and flow in the crowd noise.

I'm in the Paxton as well - Block 420. I thought we did well on the singing, even had a go at We're the Paxton Tottenham, trying to out sing the Park Lane. :D

Loved every minute of yesterday, won't be back until Huddersfield, can't wait!

I'm in the Paxton as well - Block 420. I thought we did well on the singing, even had a go at We're the Paxton Tottenham, trying to out sing the Park Lane. :D

Loved every minute of yesterday, won't be back until Huddersfield, can't wait!

I'm in 112, so to the right of the goal in your photo. Sitting down I am looking through the netting which does obscure the view of the far left hand side of the pitch, but standing up it seemed fine.
I think some co-ordination is needed on the "We're the Paxton" as we were just singing at the same time as the Shelfside. It will get there.

You should ask the club to remove the goal, so you get a better view.

I have. Said they'll consider it but only for the half the opposition are attacking the South Stand and then replacing it when we attack it. Sounds like a (Levy?) plan to me :D

I have to respectfully disagree. I have been to a large amount of stadiums all over the world mate, and this is a Jedi mind-trick of a stadium. It is at once a huge modern stadium which feels like a smaller, intimate cauldron. Quite a feat.
Not looking to argue, genuinely stating my opinion based on many visits to many top stadia.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Interesting as I have been to many stadiums around the World and the only ones anywhere near comparable have been NFL stadiums. I haven’t seen a football stadium that even comes close and I can’t think of too many of the ‘top’ football stadiums in Europe that I haven’t been to.

Which are the stadiums you feel are on the same sort of level as our new one?

I know it's all subjective but I'm amazed at some of the comments by other fans about our stadium, most I suspect are driven by jealousy. I saw one Palace fan interviewed on BBC news who thought it looked like a spaceship and didnt have the atmosphere of Palace, personally I'm glad our stadium is not like Palace a cross between a shed and a supermarket. I always like Craven Cottage before it got modernised.

I know it's all subjective but I'm amazed at some of the comments by other fans about our stadium, most I suspect are driven by jealousy. I saw one Palace fan interviewed on BBC news who thought it looked like a spaceship and didnt have the atmosphere of Palace, personally I'm glad our stadium is not like Palace a cross between a shed and a supermarket. I always like Craven Cottage before it got modernised.
Arsenal fans on twitter actually believing that The Emirates is far superior to NWHL

Rivalry aside if the situation was reversed I would not be saying the same

Back