• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur - Arsenal OMT ***

The swiftest way is to make the bet in the first place. If you know of a way to beat the bookmakers, don't tell me - I won't believe you anyway.

Bookies only reflect the overall market. The way to beat the bookies is to know and play your market.

For example:

During a World Cup bet against England at a UK bookies, get an account with a German or French one and bet on England.

The Scum's support is brittle and fickle. Expect them to turn on Wenger if things go against them, which I fully expect! :)

exactly, last time we went 2 up the crowd didn't really change as they knew it wasn't done, if that happens tomorrow with the dissent already brewing it could be a major major moan fest

fingers crossed eh

If they don't show us respect and come forward too recklessly we could absolutely destroy them, but if they lull us into a false sense of security, concede possession to us and then hit us on the break we may find it difficult to break them down and avoid conceding. It's an interesting one as always because despite their obvious weaknesses, they always being their a game to the NLD and we have so many unknown elements.

Spurs store worker claims Vlad Chiriches will wear Number 6 (Tom Huddlestone's old number), Christian Eriksen 10 (Emmanuel Adebayor's old number) and Erik Lamela 11 (Gareth Bale's old number).

Just because they make millions and live in s.wan.ky houses? Is that your only evidence?

Yes, them winning the money in the long run is pretty compelling evidence that they get their odds right more often than not.

Bookies only reflect the overall market. The way to beat the bookies is to know and play your market.

For example:

During a World Cup bet against England at a UK bookies, get an account with a German or French one and bet on England.

To some extent yes, but less so with the larger international online bookmarkers. And not really relevant to the odds on this particular game.

Yes, them winning the money in the long run is pretty compelling evidence that they get their odds right more often than not.

To some extent yes, but less so with the larger international online bookmarkers. And not really relevant to the odds on this particular game.

Surely only the opening odds in this game are dictated by the bookies? They will then just adjust the price as bets come in.

quote AVB
"We have the quality to go there [to the Emirates] and win," Villas-Boas said. "We will set up to try to win the game and, hopefully, achieve the result we want. It is a different type of proposition on Sunday but it has the special ingredients of a game that is unique in English football and full of emotion. If we set up properly, the match will be a great game because both teams want to attack and want to win."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/tottenham-hotspur-erik-lamela-christian-eriksen

Surely only the opening odds in this game are dictated by the bookies? They will then just adjust the price as bets come in.

In part, and of course the smaller the bookie the more they will want to adjust to lower their own variance. Also quite a few of the smaller bookies will release their odds after the larger ones with more resources to avoid making what could be costly mistakes. The larger bookies will be more willing to accept more short term risk for more long term gain though.

There's a lot of competition between bookies to provide the best odds, particularly online. Providing better odds might get you more bets, but what then when the incoming bets suggest adjusting the odds in the other direction? This is (part of) when being able to actually predict the outcomes with a reasonable degree of accuracy becomes very valuable to bookmakers.

It's a good time for Arsenal to be playing us. Lots of new signings and no time to integrate them. We're still playing as a team trying to compensate for the loss of our main attacking threat.

I'm not expecting too much, would certainly be happy with a point.

It's a good time for Arsenal to be playing us. Lots of new signings and no time to integrate them. We're still playing as a team trying to compensate for the loss of our main attacking threat.

Not a bad time to be playing them either though. Podolski, Chamberlain, Vermaelen and Arteta are all out. Probably only Podolski and Arteta are obivous first choice players, but still. Wheelchair and Ramsey might not be 100%. And I would expect them to make one or two good signings before the window closes.

A point wouldn't be bad at all. I would be fairly happy too. Still likely to be one of our better chances to get 3 points in recent times though so I'm hoping for more :)

I take the opposite view. It is a good time for us because fans will not be expecting a blood and thunder game so we could send in the heavy mob and grind out a 0-0.

Later in the season we would be expecting more.

In part, and of course the smaller the bookie the more they will want to adjust to lower their own variance. Also quite a few of the smaller bookies will release their odds after the larger ones with more resources to avoid making what could be costly mistakes. The larger bookies will be more willing to accept more short term risk for more long term gain though.

There's a lot of competition between bookies to provide the best odds, particularly online. Providing better odds might get you more bets, but what then when the incoming bets suggest adjusting the odds in the other direction? This is (part of) when being able to actually predict the outcomes with a reasonable degree of accuracy becomes very valuable to bookmakers.

Bookies rarely “gamble” on a result. They adjust the odds so that they profit whatever the result.
I suppose punters who are good at maths could make a similar profit backing all 3 results of a game with different bookies or on the exchanges.
A bookie once explained to me how to make a book and it sounded pretty straightforward but I get confused working out 1% of a £ 101!
Is it £1.01 or £1.10?
Anyway what has this to do with the NLD?

Not a bad time to be playing them either though. Podolski, Chamberlain, Vermaelen and Arteta are all out. Probably only Podolski and Arteta are obivous first choice players, but still. Wheelchair and Ramsey might not be 100%. And I would expect them to make one or two good signings before the window closes.

A point wouldn't be bad at all. I would be fairly happy too. Still likely to be one of our better chances to get 3 points in recent times though so I'm hoping for more :)

+1

Bookies rarely “gamble” on a result. They adjust the odds so that they profit whatever the result.
I suppose punters who are good at maths could make a similar profit backing all 3 results of a game with different bookies or on the exchanges.
A bookie once explained to me how to make a book and it sounded pretty straightforward but I get confused working out 1% of a £ 101!
Is it £1.01 or £1.10?
Anyway what has this to do with the NLD?

Sorry, I will stop taking this thread off topic now. I was just trying to support my previous claim surrounding the odds of this match.

It's £1.01 though, had to get that out :)

-------------------------------------------

danny-rose-spurs-v-arsenal-o.gif

"It's Danny Rose on his Premier League debut"

Just thought I would mention that as we might be seeing another Premier League debut for a Spurs player in a NLD tomorrow :)

Not sure, a few sources say he is but could just be conjecture. We'll see come Sunday I guess.

Midday the day before the game I thought

Don't expect any of the.new 3 to be on.bench.
Give them time to bed in, get to know the squad etc
This isn't 2006 anymore, we have a squad good enough that we don't have to throw new signing in

I'm predicting a 4-1 victory. With Lamela and Eriksen both scoring on their debuts and Soldado with a double...

Back