• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

I think you can play for more than two clubs in 12 months, but not in the same season. So he can still play for Fulham this season.

It's per season, with special dispensation given for players moving between leagues that don't start and finish at the same time.

I'm glad Tom's stayed with the squad. No one else seems to rate him that much -including Poch (to the extent of getting him on the pitch) - but I actually think he is at least as good as Mason.

he will be part of the Europe and cup squad not much else unless we have injuries.
Just no need for him in the first team.

I'm glad Tom's stayed with the squad. No one else seems to rate him that much -including Poch (to the extent of getting him on the pitch) - but I actually think he is at least as good as Mason.

I'm pleased that he has stayed around too. Time may be against him now making it with us but I would be very happy if he puts in good performances in the cups and puts himself in contention for the first team.

he will be part of the Europe and cup squad not much else unless we have injuries.
Just no need for him in the first team.

Not sure I agree. Tom's problem is that he is a relatively quiet understated player -and so doesn't catch the eye. Yet his use of the ball is very intelligent, and he moves the ball forward quickly (and he can shoot). I would argue that he is exactly the kind of player we would benefit from having in midfield, even if it as a sub (with enough time to make an impact).

Not sure I agree. Tom's problem is that he is a relatively quiet understated player -and so doesn't catch the eye. Yet his use of the ball is very intelligent, and he moves the ball forward quickly (and he can shoot). I would argue that he is exactly the kind of player we would benefit from having in midfield, even if it as a sub (with enough time to make an impact).

Sadly he is nice lad who will end up playing in the championship or at a push lower EPL! Not a bad player but nothing special. I like him, but I dont think he is powerful enough for DM and a average midfielder 'at our level'. Time will tell but I see Mason and Tom going next summer both tidy players but we are looking for more. Bentaleb will also be under real pressure this season.
Dier though did impress me and is improving, still a way to go but he has all the attributes need, little worried about his pace over the first couple of yards.

Last edited:
Sadly he is nice lad who will end up playing in the championship! Not a bad player but nothing special. I like him but I dont think he is powerful enough for DM and a average midfielder 'at our level'. Time will tell but I see Mason and Tom going next summer.

I don' think you have to be powerful to play DM, necessarily - Carrick isn't that powerful -although that is another debate. Not that I think Tom is an outright DM anyway. I think he is more of an active playmaker, linking play between defence and attack. If Poch insist on playing an out and out DM then it is harder to fit Carroll in, but I'd prefer a more fluid central midfield three, where the roles were not as delineated, in which case he would fit in fine.

He needs to go to a club where he will get regular playing time. If he doesnt, then that is the end of his Spurs career. Match time is very important at this stage for him.

I don' think you have to be powerful to play DM, necessarily - Carrick isn't that powerful -although that is another debate. Not that I think Tom is an outright DM anyway. I think he is more of an active playmaker, linking play between defence and attack. If Poch insist on playing an out and out DM then it is harder to fit Carroll in, but I'd prefer a more fluid central midfield three, where the roles were not as delineated, in which case he would fit in fine.

I think there are few Tom Carroll's around in UK football good passers but........Alli is what young would-be EPL midfielders 2015 will look like quite big and muscular. Its of little use being very skillful and not being able to keep the ball. If you can find a Luka you have died and gone to heaven or you're the Barcelona manager. Wiltshire is one the best passers of the ball english (french;)) football produced but he is just not built for the job in the EPL.
Ross Barkley is the ideal build, Zidane like.

Last edited:
I actually think he will give Carroll a chance. It's a long season, and Tom will have a chance to shine and be given a chance. Poch is quite fair as far as I am concerned.

There are 13 Tom Carrols in a dusin. For me even Lucas is a bit better, and honestly, who'd want Lucas in the team?

Sadly he is nice lad who will end up playing in the championship or at a push lower EPL! Not a bad player but nothing special. I like him, but I dont think he is powerful enough for DM and a average midfielder 'at our level'. Time will tell but I see Mason and Tom going next summer both tidy players but we are looking for more. Bentaleb will also be under real pressure this season.
Dier though did impress me and is improving, still a way to go but he has all the attributes need, little worried about his pace over the first couple of yards.

I thought the same watching Kane getting run outs for us a couple of years ago and then.....

Glad he's still with us. Moves the ball quickly and well, and very often looks forward first which I think are three things we need and Poch likes.

he is like erikson good on the ball but gets bullied too often...not sure if its a good idea to have both them on the pitch at the same time

If Mason's injury keeps him out... along with Bentaleb Eriksen Dembele... Tommy Carroll may well be called upon.

I quite like him, tidy and progressive, metronomic, but he is a bit too light and gentle, needs a little more bite, even Modric had more bite... this year, this injury crisis, is time to step up or ship out!

If Mason's injury keeps him out... along with Bentaleb Eriksen Dembele... Tommy Carroll may well be called upon.

I quite like him, tidy and progressive, metronomic, but he is a bit too light and gentle, needs a little more bite, even Modric had more bite... this year, this injury crisis, is time to step up or ship out!

He did go all-in for a fairly nasty 50/50 ball and won the tackle. I don't think he is quite as gentle as he looks.

I'm hoping and thinking Tom will be our brightest surprise over the next few weeks especially with our busy schedule.

I'm excited he might just get his chance with consistent game time

Back