• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Poch must see something in him, if we can sell Mason and Chadli, send Bentaleb out on loan but keep Tom then the boss must like him.

Poch must see something in him, if we can sell Mason and Chadli, send Bentaleb out on loan but keep Tom then the boss must like him.

I'm not really sure you can jump to that conclusion - Bentaleb didn't conform to Poch's discipline / team approach so was jettisoned whilst Mason wanted to leave given he's 25. Chadli is a different position. Winks was selected on the bench ahead of Carroll last weekend

I'm not really sure you can jump to that conclusion - Bentaleb didn't conform to Poch's discipline / team approach so was jettisoned whilst Mason wanted to leave given he's 25. Chadli is a different position. Winks was selected on the bench ahead of Carroll last weekend

Not so sure Mason "wanted" to leave but when given the option chose it, it was Spurs who actively marketed him rather than mason handing in a request.

But given all the changes in personnel Carroll WAS kept so Poch must have had a reason and I doubt it was "nobody came in for him"

Not so sure Mason "wanted" to leave but when given the option chose it, it was Spurs who actively marketed him rather than mason handing in a request.

But given all the changes in personnel Carroll WAS kept so Poch must have had a reason and I doubt it was "nobody came in for him"

@Roy1983 said Mason wanted to go to get more game time. Poch wanted him to syay but agreed that he couldn't guarantee him more minutes, hence the move.

I think it would have been the same re Carroll tbh

I expect he didn't want to drop to the Championship and Derby was the best option he had.

He can walk on a free next summer and get bigger wages too.

He's stupid though. The only way he will have a decent career will be if he moves to a gentler league like Italy or France

I am happy that he is still here and i really hope Poch see's it the same way, he is better then both Mason and Bentaleb ( imo) and was the one of the three that i did not want to see leave.

I am happy that he is still here and i really hope Poch see's it the same way, he is better then both Mason and Bentaleb ( imo) and was the one of the three that i did not want to see leave.

Personally I hope that Winks and even Onomah get a real crack ahead of him because at 24 he has regressed and offers nothing defensively and is far to conservative with his passing when the pressure is on. Great for a dead rubber sort of game but wouldn't trust him in a big match. I rate Mason and Bentelab miles ahead of him and am trying to think what standout games Tom has ever had for us? (The other two have had several)

Personally I hope that Winks and even Onomah get a real crack ahead of him because at 24 he has regressed and offers nothing defensively and is far to conservative with his passing when the pressure is on. Great for a dead rubber sort of game but wouldn't trust him in a big match. I rate Mason and Bentelab miles ahead of him and am trying to think what standout games Tom has ever had for us? (The other two have had several)

Well it all about opinions and we will have to agree to disagree, he reminds me of Modric ( not saying he is as good obviously) but he offers us something different then what neither Mason or Bentaleb did. He is always on the move to make passing angles and once he passes the ball he goes for the return.

Well it all about opinions and we will have to agree to disagree, he reminds me of Modric ( not saying he is as good obviously) but he offers us something different then what neither Mason or Bentaleb did. He is always on the move to make passing angles and once he passes the ball he goes for the return.

Of course, I don't agree....however up until last year I thought along your lines. I was really disappointed last year hence my view now

Of course, I don't agree....however up until last year I thought along your lines. I was really disappointed last year hence my view now

Fair point, but to be honest he really has not had a run of games and most of them have been sub apperances ( he only played 90 minutes in 7 games and only one was in the Prem). I am hoping that he gets more games this season but we shall see.

Mason didn't want to leave the club but wanted first team football. We couldn't give him it. We can all do the math.

Carroll is happy to sit on the bench and play sparingly.

I like Carroll. Plays with his head up and is always moving into space to receive it, but he does need to step it up to another level this season. He needs a little more of everything really and to impact games more. He is in last chance saloon, at Spurs at least.

Back