• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Just like on forums, in the pub and in the stadium. Stadiums are probably where you have the highest density of people who haven't got a clue about football.
It's a bit different typing something on a forum or even shouting something in a stadium to directly tweeting him though.....

There's a huge difference though. Carroll is on twitter. So he when opens twitter after having a good game he gets a load of notification on his phone from his twitter mentions (twitter mentions are any tweets that included @tom_carroll92 in the tweet).
So instead of the praise he deserves. He gets message after message of abuse from spurs 'fans'. The bigger and more successful we get the more or these dingdongs we attract from all over the world.
Carroll has sensibly taken to blocking people.

Yesterday after the game he had to deal with being unable to avoid reading messages like these

That's so pathetic.

I can understand a frustrated outburst in the heat of the moment - I've shouted abuse at the TV many times - but to actually tweet this brick to him directly is taking it to a completely new level of clamishness. Especially when all you have to give is abuse.

There's a huge difference though. Carroll is on twitter. So he when opens twitter after having a good game he gets a load of notification on his phone from his twitter mentions (twitter mentions are any tweets that included @tom_carroll92 in the tweet).
So instead of the praise he deserves. He gets message after message of abuse from spurs 'fans'. The bigger and more successful we get the more or these dingdongs we attract from all over the world.
Carroll has sensibly taken to blocking people.

Yesterday after the game he had to deal with being unable to avoid reading messages like these

It is brick behaviour no doubt; but is it worse than the abuse he or others get at the match? As Spurs fans we need to have a look at ourselves at times...to me Twitter is the least of the abuse problems as you

a) don't have to be on it
b) you can block abusive people on it
c) it is not in your face like at a match

I feel sorry that Tom Carroll has to face such nonsense, but sadly Mason, Rose and several others seem to attract a certain type of 'boo boy' (aka asshole)
Let's hope he answers them in the only way he can. COYS

It is brick behaviour no doubt; but is it worse than the abuse he or others get at the match? As Spurs fans we need to have a look at ourselves at times...to me Twitter is the least of the abuse problems as you

I feel sorry that Tom Carroll has to face such nonsense, but sadly Mason, Rose and several others seem to attract a certain type of 'boo boy' (aka *******)

There was also an amusing occurrence a couple of years ago where he promptly blocked the largely American followers he had from Cartilage Free Captain, because they'd taken to calling him a sex-GHod coke addict George Best-esque wunderkind who could do no wrong and had so much technical ability that Bale had to move to Madrid just to get away from under his shadow. Turns out, Prem footballers can understand sarcasm perfectly well. :p On the whole, though, twitter's really democratized the interaction between footballers and fans - the fickleness of the fanbase has long been a staple of the game, but now it's easier than even to see the twuntishness some of us can stoop to when it comes to abusing even those players who support the same club we do. And I have no doubt that a lot of young footballers will be thoroughly disabused of any notions of 'loyalty' to their clubs in the years to come, as twunts like the above relentlessly abuse them with no heed paid to club loyalties or affiliations.

I feel sorry that Tom Carroll has to face such nonsense, but sadly Mason, Rose and several others seem to attract a certain type of 'boo boy' (aka *******)
Sorry but completely disagree. During a match direct abuse at a player is only ever by one or two stupid individuals that is drowned out by general atmosphere noise anyway. Regardless of that if it's directed at a player who's on the pitch playing they're going to be too concentrated in a game to ever hear it, it's different to say when there are groans all around the ground at a misplaced passed etc.

Twitter is reading abuse staring right at you, and yes you can block people but that would only be after you've read it.

The most ridiculous thing of all is that he had a very good game,makes these muppets look even more stupid....

Sorry but completely disagree. During a match direct abuse at a player is only ever by one or two stupid individuals that is drowned out by general atmosphere noise anyway. Regardless of that if it's directed at a player who's on the pitch playing they're going to be too concentrated in a game to ever hear it, it's different to say when there are groans all around the ground at a misplaced passed etc.

Twitter is reading abuse staring right at you, and yes you can block people but that would only be after you've read it.

The most ridiculous thing of all is that he had a very good game,makes these muppets look even more stupid....

Yeah, tell that to Hossam Ghaly or Chris Armstrong...

Good point, but to be honest I think most players will ignore what is said on teletext anyway because any one with any sense will relize that most of those who tweet that rubbish are usually brain dead macarons.

I had a look at some of the Twitter accounts that @Modric THFC linked to. Most of them seem to be school kids who spend a lot of time Tweeting brick and abusing people.

I would hope that the club provides advice and help to the younger players in dealing with attention and abuse on social media.

I had a look at some of the Twitter accounts that @Modric THFC linked to. Most of them seem to be school kids who spend a lot of time Tweeting brick and abusing people.

I would hope that the club provides advice and help to the younger players in dealing with attention and abuse on social media.

Well I can not speak for Spurs but I do know that a lot of clubs do.

Yeah of course that's different, you're talking about massive sections of a crowd booing a player. I was talking about a few mindless fans who choose to shout abuse at a player during a game which happens most weeks. You've cited two players suffering major abuse,occurred a couple of times over a long period of time.Ghaly throwing his shirt on the floor was obviously going to incite a far bigger proportion,although I must say there was a ridiculous over reaction to that....

Yeah of course that's different, you're talking about massive sections of a crowd booing a player. I was talking about a few mindless fans who choose to shout abuse at a player during a game which happens most weeks. You've cited two players suffering major abuse,occurred a couple of times over a long period of time.Ghaly throwing his shirt on the floor was obviously going to incite a far bigger proportion,although I must say there was a ridiculous over reaction to that....

My point is taking to twitter to directly abuse a player is as bad as paying money to enter a ground to "support" a team and in fact shout abuse directly to one of the players.

Good point, but to be honest I think most players will ignore what is said on tacoter anyway because any one with any sense will relize that most of those who tweet that rubbish are usually brain dead macarons.
I was listening to the Graham Hunter podcast earlier, interviewing Alan Pardew. He said that coaching Saudi Sportswashing Machine ground him down bit by bit, sucked his spirit away, he was at a low ebb and the reaction from fans and in particular on social media, made it clear he didn't want to go on so he jumped ship back to his home, Crystal Palace, where he is revered.

Bet the bellends posting this brick are under 30. There is a real lynch mob mentality involving twitter, facebook etal. I reckon there should be a ten minute delay before stuff gets posted, as people lack the maturity to think through what they are posting, so a cool off period would be good. Also. I wonder how many really are Spurs fans? I doubt anyone on here would post directly crap like that.

Absolutely unbelievable to see a Spurs Academy player get so much abuse on Twitter yesterday.
Only picking tweets from self identified spurs fans
Pre match

A DISGRACE and from (IMO) some very ignorant people who obviously do NOT know the game of football.

Bet the bellends posting this brick are under 30. There is a real lynch mob mentality involving twitter, facebook etal. I reckon there should be a ten minute delay before stuff gets posted, as people lack the maturity to think through what they are posting, so a cool off period would be good. Also. I wonder how many really are Spurs fans? I doubt anyone on here would post directly crap like that.

I think that it is wrong to blame social media rather than the individuals posting the rubbish.

I have found Twitter to be interesting, supportive and community minded but I would unfollow anyone who posted brick like that.

I don't see it as any different to the people who occasionally sign up here with no intention of making a positive contribution and either just want to shout their mouth off about their pet subject or try to get a rise out of people.

Put it this way, if Tom Caroll's performances had been identical to what they have been up till now but he was 6ft 2 and built like Eric Dier he wouldnt have been singled out for this horrific abuse from total pond life.He would have been labeled a great young english prospect, one for the future etc
F**king disgusting pieces of sh*t with potato's for brains, and thats doing potato's a huge disservice.
I hope he carries on getting in the team and improving under Poches guidance.

I think that it is wrong to blame social media rather than the individuals posting the rubbish.

I have found Twitter to be interesting, supportive and community minded but I would unfollow anyone who posted brick like that.

I don't see it as any different to the people who occasionally sign up here with no intention of making a positive contribution and either just want to shout their mouth off about their pet subject or try to get a rise out of people.

Not blaming the media, I'm blaming the twits who lack the self control to use it responsibly. I'm a teacher and we constantly run seminars on the responsible use of social media and the kids continue to do the most outrageous things on it. They refuse to listen and learn. It's almost like a compulsion with many, many of them.

Back