• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

You may well be right in arguing that most of Carroll's passes when he came deep into the area that Dier had under control were negative, but not all were, and one at least was worthy of a Modric or indeed a Xavi. I'm talking about the one in the 52nd minute when for the second time in the match he influenced the game positively by launching a brilliant breakout move from defence that culminated in Kane's long-range shot being turned away for a corner.

So - any chance of credit where it's due?

Ok he's great. I want every player who pulls on that shirt to do well, but liking a player doesn't stop me from seeing their faults, I could be wrong but I don't see a player who is going to make us a better team.

I was reading a report on Ozil the other day how arse fans thought he was lazy and it took a while for people to figure out what he did, maybe carroll will take time because of his playing style and build. But I admit i got a soft spot for him because he has skill unlike say a townsend.

Not saying he will become a modric/ozil type player. But surely kane's rise should have shown us that we should not be so quick to write of young players.

I am pretty drunk so I say sorry for any spelling mistakes in this.

I was reading a report on Ozil the other day how arse fans thought he was lazy and it took a while for people to figure out what he did, maybe carroll will take time because of his playing style and build. But I admit i got a soft spot for him because he has skill unlike say a townsend.

Not saying he will become a modric/ozil type player. But surely kane's rise should have shown us that we should not be so quick to write of young players.

I am pretty drunk so I say sorry for any spelling mistakes in this.

For a drunk post that makes a fair bit of sense Chich.

Nice goal but I can't see him having a long term future at Spurs given that he's 23 already so if he's not playing regularly within 12-24 months, he'll want to leave and I can't see that he'll be good enough for that

Poch is clearly happy with him and keeps giving him chances

He is proving to be a fecking great man a manager and Carroll is doing fine when getting his chances

It amazes me that our manager obviously see something in Tom Carrol and some posters on here can't. If he's good enough for Poch then he will do for Tottenham. Given our managers role in player development lets see what he can do with this chap. I'm willing to put my trust in Poch's judgement. Terrific goal today btw .

Last edited:
There is something in Carroll that reminds be of both Ossie and Modric he gives the ball and then moves to get it back, now he has not got the strength of either of those two ( not yet) but at only 23 ( a year younger then Mason) I hope we keep him and Poch can work on building up that part of his game.

There is something in Carroll that reminds be of both Ossie and Modric he gives the ball and then moves to get it back, now he has not got the strength of either of those two ( not yet) but at only 23 ( a year younger then Mason) I hope we keep him and Poch can work on building up that part of his game.

I can see what you say about him and Poch must also see this as he has used him twice since the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game where I thought he was poor. I hope he proves me wrong but I can't see a game changer or dominator in him, but equally I thought Dembele was a luxury until recently.

I can see what you say about him and Poch must also see this as he has used him twice since the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game where I thought he was poor. I hope he proves me wrong but I can't see a game changer or dominator in him, but equally I thought Dembele was a luxury until recently.

You may be right and unless he does toughen up a bit he will probably be let go. But I do like the way he plays the game and ( I will get slaughtered for saying this) if he does do so I could see him playing instead of Mason ( who still does not convince me despite the hype that some give him).

He isn't a game changer and that's not really his role - he is one of the two playing the holding role

The problem is people see him come ingot eriksen and expect him to play in the hole or similar... He is not that kind of player

He plays similar to modric in the middle two. He passes quickly and rarely takes more than two touches. He has a high percentage of success but a lot are. It the final pass in a move. He is a metronome type player, one who keeps possession and keeps the ball moving. It's why he is used as a sub when we're ahead and so far it's worked

He looked good vs Monaco and was average vs newscastle in a game when we were poor across the board generally. As the new kid in the team I thought it was harsh on people to single him out, but likewise I wouldn't have started Alli there personally

The Saudi Sportswashing Machine game was never the one to judge him by. He'd been impressive against Monaco but that was in the Europa. He then had just two full days to recover before making his first ever PL start for Tottenham.

Despite contributing a couple of key passes in our two best moves of the match during a first half that Tottenham dominated, he increasingly struggled to cope with the step up in speed and intensity of the PL and was pulled by Poch midway through the second half.

'I remember my first appearance for Tottenham.There was this, it's hard to explain, this noise in my ears. Like the whoosh of things going past you at speed.'

Luka Modric.

Tom has come to the table very late so time is now his biggest enemy. But Poch has clearly encouraged him to believe the door is still slightly ajar. Surely the least we can do as fans is allow him that same chance before rushing to write him off?

I don't know. Dier, Alli, Mason, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Pritchard, Winks, Onomah, Edwards. I don't think there's another club around that has such an embarrassment of exciting young CMs and ACMs. The first 5 are already well ahead of him and the latter 4 probably have more potential (Pritchard has already overtaken him in the U21s pecking order).

Well Poch obviously likes the lad and I guess that is all that matters really

Back