• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

I don't recall him doing much on MotD ..... and I know that's not always a true reflection of form.

Wonder if they're trying to keep him sweet for a permanent deal.

Pritchard getting a lot of mentions - albeit in a different league - and I would expect him to come back & play for us. Carroll has never sparked for me.

Gunna be hard trying to fit Bentaleb, Mason, Pritchard, Alli, Carroll, Eriksen, Dembele and Stambouli in our squad next season. That's 8 players fighting it out for potentially 3 positions.

I can see us going with 6 and Carroll being sold and Alli being loaned to a prem team maybe.

Not really - 4 competitions (hopefully!)

CM 2 from Bentaleb, Mason, Stambouli, Carroll, Alli ( none of whom have more than 2 PL seasons to their name)

AMs - Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Dembele, Pritchard. ( maybe a quality signing needed there tbh).

Same for CM - if there is a quality signing available, that will define whether Carroll is around or not.

Agree with monkeyberry. I love the idea of having that five in CM positions with Capoue and Paulinho being replaced by Carroll and Alli. That said, I could see Alli going on loan and Carroll replacing either Capoue or Paulinho if only one is sold. There will be more than enough games, assuming we are at least in the Europa League, and considering how hard we play, we'll need there to be rotation. I haven't seen enough of Swansea to know whether Carroll is up for it, but it seems likely he'll have a preseason to try to impress Poch, and if he makes the grade, I'd welcome him into the side.

Not really - 4 competitions (hopefully!)

CM 2 from Bentaleb, Mason, Stambouli, Carroll, Alli ( none of whom have more than 2 PL seasons to their name)

AMs - Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Dembele, Pritchard. ( maybe a quality signing needed there tbh).

Same for CM - if there is a quality signing available, that will define whether Carroll is around or not.

I've said this since the turn of the year
If we can add a quality winger like Depay plus a couple of decent young strikers like Ings and Berahino.... We could easily recover the money by offloading Soldado, Crapoue, Poorlinho, Townsend and Kaboul... Plus Ade of course and Lennon

We would end up with a younger and more dynamic squad that's arguably better suited to Pochs plans

I've said this since the turn of the year
If we can add a quality winger like Depay plus a couple of decent young strikers like Ings and Berahino.... We could easily recover the money by offloading Soldado, Crapoue, Poorlinho, Townsend and Kaboul... Plus Ade of course and Lennon

We would end up with a younger and more dynamic squad that's arguably better suited to Pochs plans
There have been links to him in the press this week. Poch was supposedly looking at him last weekend.

Very impressive game today... just a friendly but will do him no harm to be kept next season...

Said that plenty of times

He is a metronome player that keeps the ball moving and more importantly has a great passing accuracy

He will suit us against teams that sit back as he plays with patience too

Its more a case of that we can fill our squad with our talented youngsters instead of overpaid international players.

Well my intention was to suggest Carrol to replace those two and be alongside Mason as backups to Bentaleb and a new first choice CM

Well my intention was to suggest Carrol to replace those two and be alongside Mason as backups to Bentaleb and a new first choice CM

we were just having fun with you mate .. improving on Paulinho/Capoue's contribution this season is not really a benchmark for a professional fotballer

Back